Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.2

Post by flexoleonhart »

I was scared with this massive atacks, when about 20 biters fight my 20 laser turrets... In about 2-3 directions same time... At night... With low energy...
And its awesome!

mines: same error playing with ShadowModPack 7.*

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

L0771 wrote: I'll add a condition, but if you have problem with v0.3.2, open the console and write
/c remote.call("cursed","resetgui")
I've updated to v0.3.2, and used the command /c remote.call("cursed","resetgui"), but I am still getting the same error (only now on line 4671 instead of 4670).
I've created a new game and tried to break it by saving and loading, disabling and re-enabling the mod, but it works fine.
It appears to be broken only on my current playthrough savegame.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

about the tree polution, I don't think it is a problem in itself, but then the trees must not be there when we start a new map !
Yes it is cool to be able to have some heart from the start, but it doesn't add much !

and maybe you could change what you say in the "this mod does not contain" concerning adding trees to the map if you want to leave it there !

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Would reconsider making a hard pack again :) Thats what it was all about a constant threat :d Ill see what I can do to make a more challenging modpack again :d
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.3

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:I was scared with this massive atacks, when about 20 biters fight my 20 laser turrets... In about 2-3 directions same time... At night... With low energy...
And its awesome!

Thanks you, issue solved on v0.3.3.
Next time i'll remember ask for the nick, i need more time taking the old name than solving the problem :lol:
and more time opening the game, i've deactivated dytech to start, my pc have more than 8 years without changes :(
UberWaffe wrote:
L0771 wrote: I'll add a condition, but if you have problem with v0.3.2, open the console and write
I've updated to v0.3.2, and used the command /c remote.call("cursed","resetgui"), but I am still getting the same error (only now on line 4671 instead of 4670).
I've created a new game and tried to break it by saving and loading, disabling and re-enabling the mod, but it works fine.
I've found this when i'm trying to solve the problem with mines, is because you've changed the name in the game, but that isn't a problem now.
try with

or if this don't work, try with
/c remote.call("cursed","changename","yourname","yourname")
yourname is your nickname (from options>others), and quotes are needed
with version
StanFear wrote:about the tree polution, I don't think it is a problem in itself, but then the trees must not be there when we start a new map !
Yes it is cool to be able to have some heart from the start, but it doesn't add much !

and maybe you could change what you say in the "this mod does not contain" concerning adding trees to the map if you want to leave it there !
i've removed pollution only in the last state of the tree, but with a farm of trees, the pollution is on :P
i need change the first page, thanks.
darkshadow1809 wrote:Would reconsider making a hard pack again :) Thats what it was all about a constant threat :d Ill see what I can do to make a more challenging modpack again :d
You don't like 1 update /day, with 2 modes, are 2 updates/day :P
v0.3.3

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

L0771 wrote:
flexoleonhart wrote:I was scared with this massive atacks, when about 20 biters fight my 20 laser turrets... In about 2-3 directions same time... At night... With low energy...
And its awesome!

Thanks you, issue solved on v0.3.3.
Next time i'll remember ask for the nick, i need more time taking the old name than solving the problem :lol:
and more time opening the game, i've deactivated dytech to start, my pc have more than 8 years without changes :(
UberWaffe wrote:
I've found this when i'm trying to solve the problem with mines, is because you've changed the name in the game, but that isn't a problem now.
try with

or if this don't work, try with
/c remote.call("cursed","changename","yourname","yourname")
yourname is your nickname (from options>others), and quotes are needed
with version
StanFear wrote:about the tree polution, I don't think it is a problem in itself, but then the trees must not be there when we start a new map !

i've removed pollution only in the last state of the tree, but with a farm of trees, the pollution is on :P
i need change the first page, thanks.
darkshadow1809 wrote:Would reconsider making a hard pack again :) Thats what it was all about a constant threat :d Ill see what I can do to make a more challenging modpack again :d
You don't like 1 update /day, with 2 modes, are 2 updates/day :P
v0.3.3

BAM SUPAFAST. uploaded new pack lol.
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

L0771 wrote:I've found this when i'm trying to solve the problem with mines, is because you've changed the name in the game, but that isn't a problem now.
try with
Updated to 0.3.3, and this worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

MaroZz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaroZz »

shadow megamodpack 7.0.4

when one player access to cursed menu, other player crashes.
host or client, no matter.

cannot play in MP :( so sad....
Attachments
factorio-current.zip
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

MaroZz wrote:shadow megamodpack 7.0.4

when one player access to cursed menu, other player crashes.
host or client, no matter.

cannot play in MP :( so sad....
Ok, i'll test in MP, thanks for report :)

sniperxblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sniperxblade »

hello there question does it work for 0.11.18 cause i keep getting errors with older version

sniperxblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sniperxblade »

also forgot to mention that im using For Factorio 0.11.5+ Cursed Exp v0.1.12 for 0.11.18. and when i toggle it off and load game i weirdly have the crafting section of cursed exp and if its fixed in later then ill just get rid of it cause im playing with a few mods i like and dont know if they will be compatible

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

sniperxblade wrote:hello there question does it work for 0.11.18 cause i keep getting errors with older version
Try with the last version, if you have a error, tell me what it say

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

L0771 wrote:
sniperxblade wrote:hello there question does it work for 0.11.18 cause i keep getting errors with older version
Try with the last version, if you have a error, tell me what it say
I have one, Factorio 0.11.22, error is:

Code: Select all

Error Util.cpp:43: Error when opening ./factorio_0.11.22/mods/Cursed-Exp_0.3.3/graphics/entities/base/cursed-base.png for reading: No such file or directory
EDIT: It looks like there is a file named "cursed-base.PNG", but none named "cursed-base.png", I renamed it and that fixed that error, but found more, be careful with filename casing. ;-)

The next was:

Error Util.cpp:43: Error when opening ./factorio_0.11.22/mods/Cursed-Exp_0.3.3/graphics/entities/drill/cursed-drill.png for reading: No such file or directory
Now to fix that one and any others that may be found... >.>

A full listing of '*.PNG' files are:

./graphics/entities/exchange/cursed-exchange.PNG
./graphics/entities/base/cursed-base.PNG
./graphics/entities/vault/cursed-vault.PNG
./graphics/entities/drill/cursed-drill.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-attack_01.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/cursed-turret-normal-1.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-attack_04.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-prepare_02.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-attack_02.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-prepare_01.PNG
./graphics/entities/turret/NydusCanal-attack_03.PNG
./graphics/entities/wall/nest-idle_03.PNG
./graphics/entities/wall/cursed-wall-base.PNG
./graphics/entities/fisher/cursed-fisher-east.PNG
Renaming all to be .png and will test, will report if that fixed all the issues.
I renamed them with:

for f in $(find . -name '*.PNG'); do mv $f ${f:r}.png; done
And the game now starts up, so yeah just a lot of mis-named graphics files, definitely need to be careful with the capitalization there. ;-)
Last edited by OvermindDL1 on Sat May 30, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sniperxblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sniperxblade »

check this
check this
Screenshot (3411).png (713.18 KiB) Viewed 6900 times
ok i updated to 0.11.22 and one thing it still wont work i get this (check screenshot) and one thing is i have dytech installed and i want to know if that is a problem like i have mostly some of the same mods as orbital potato in his series and it works perfect for him so please fix bug sorry for big pic i dont know how to shorten in sorry all mods were compatible for 0.11.22 also sorry about the name of the world i have to change it but have been having so much fun same here with graphic problem but this time it says File_Cursed_Exp/graphics/entities/turret/cursed-turret-spike-1.png not found
Last edited by sniperxblade on Sat May 30, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Found another error with 0.3.3 on Factorio 0.11.22, when clicking the Oxygen button and the Oxygen mod is installed:

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:4795: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)

sniperxblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sniperxblade »

found new bug there is no cursed turret spike.png which is a error i get thought i should report this cause the other guy that said he had graphic errors didnt mention this but i get it for some reason

nvm fixed it i was using 0.3.2 and it has it in 0.3.3 so i just added it to 0.3.2 so i dont have to change all the png's again

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

OvermindDL1 wrote:It looks like there is a file named "cursed-base.PNG", but none named "cursed-base.png", I renamed it and that fixed that error, but found more, be careful with filename casing. ;-)
Thanks you, i've never seen this issue :D
sniperxblade wrote:i updated to 0.11.22 and one thing it still wont work i get this (check screenshot) and one thing is i have dytech installed
You have the mod in .zip? try deszip it.
the cursed-axe don't have big changes from v0.0.1, should work perfectly.
And i think must be compatible with all mods.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

OvermindDL1 wrote:Found another error with 0.3.3 on Factorio 0.11.22, when clicking the Oxygen button and the Oxygen mod is installed:

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:4795: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)
Got another error as well when I tried to get blood from myself:

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/onplayercrafteditem.lua:36: attempt to index global 'v' (a nil value)
Did you perhaps mean `player` instead of `v` for the line of:

v.insert{name = "cursed-talent-part-" .. num, count = newtp}
<edit id="1">Tested, changing `v` to be `player` seems to have fixed it.</edit>

EDIT: As for the prior listed error when clicking the Oxygen button, unsure why this line of yours is not working:

gui.frameOxygenDet.add({ type="label", name="oxygen1c3", caption = {"gui.oxygen1c3",math.floor(remote.call("oxygen", "getoxygenofplayer",player.name))}, style = "cursed-label" })
A bug in the Oxygen mod maybe? I do have a playername set.
<edit id="2">
Tested, definitely a bug in the Oxygen mod, reported it there, though you may want to add code to check for nil to work around its bug unless it is fixed on the Oxygen mod side, which may take a while considering the dearth of updates it has had recently?
</edit>
<edit id="3">
I changed the Oxygen mods Control.lua files any lines that were:

if v[1] == game.getplayer(playername) then
And replaced them with:

if v[1].name == playername then
And that seems to have resolved the issue. Is the Player object not comparable? If so then those lines were doomed to fail. if they are comparable then somehow it is not returning the same object.
</edit>

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

OvermindDL1 wrote:<edit id="1">Tested, changing `v` to be `player` seems to have fixed it.</edit>
I have "player" in my code, i'm trying to upload no more than 1 version / day :)
code
OvermindDL1 wrote:<edit id="2">Tested, definitely a bug in the Oxygen mod, reported it there, though you may want to add code to check for nil to work around its bug unless it is fixed on the Oxygen mod side, which may take a while considering the dearth of updates it has had recently?</edit>
I've added a line:
code
OvermindDL1 wrote:<edit id="3">I changed the Oxygen mods Control.lua files any lines that were:

if v[1] == game.getplayer(playername) then
And replaced them with:

if v[1].name == playername then
And that seems to have resolved the issue. Is the Player object not comparable? If so then those lines were doomed to fail. if they are comparable then somehow it is not returning the same object.
</edit>
I think the player is comparable, i don't want add more to oxygen mod, but it's true, is easier compare 2 strings than 2 objects.

I'm working just now in MP, i don't know what is the problem :P

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Got another bug by clicking replace for a mine and on placing it down getting this:

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed_Exp__/scripts/onbuiltentity.lua:11: {
 id = 1,
 name = "mines"
} --[[table: 0x7fec3c77a350]]
The line of code it seems to error on is:

error(serpent.block(rebuild))
EDIT: Bypassing this error did not crash the game, rather it seems to have placed as normal?

Return to “Mods”