Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Liono2010
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20] Cursed Exp - v0.2.1

Post by Liono2010 »

darkshadow1809 wrote: Its weird. well the fact is that you shouldn't play sandbox mode with mods.
What made you say that? Each other mod is working fine in sandbox mod, so this mod should. Please don't talk about that thing which you don't know. Its the developer's will that make mod compatible (if he want to). But if some reason one mod has not been made compatible to sandbox then its not apply for all mod writers to do so.
darkshadow1809 wrote:as factorio sandbox itself doesnt work with the mods unless the mod particularly supports it..
Base game is itself a mod and it works fine with sandbox cause it had been made so. So all mods can be made compatible. As I said before its mod writer's will to do so. But it is best to made a mod which doesn't break in anywhere in game.
L0771 wrote:v0.2.1
Thank you for the update. I really appreciate your hard work.
L0771 wrote:This is because, i can't set dependency of "treefarn" or "treefarm-lite" and one of this...
On the next versions maybe i only work with treefarm-lite.
Is it also not possible to make this mod that it doesn't throw error on starting Factorio. An alternative approach can be that the mod doesn't do anything (mans run the mod code) if it doesn't find Treefarm (mod or objects) which is required for this mod to work. You can have better idea than me.

Liono2010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liono2010 »

Now it doesn't throw error on creating sandbox game. But buying most of the talents throws error. I think it is the same related to character. As (I think) sandbox doesn't have any character. See the screen shot. This is just one item error other talents also throw error.

http://prntscr.com/6rjz5c

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Liono2010 wrote:But buying most of the talents throws error.
Maybe i should activate only talents tier 3 for sandbox, all others are useless

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Hello,

You have small but potentially annoying print left in control.lua that fires after robot builds any building.
I'm not 100% if it's only print or also some code is executed there.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

hmmm sorry, i've started to fix a bug with construction with robots.
I'll update it when i back from university, you can delete lines 3590-3592 from control.lua if you want this before.

Thanks for report :)

LINKS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LINKS »

i am crafted arrows for assemble machine but this arrow (arrows inv ) not have damage. this is bug ? sorry for my bad english :|

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

I found, that cursed is an interesting Mod, i like the leveling. I have made a german translation for cursed, feel free to integrate it into the mod. :)
Download:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=f ... file%2czip
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20] Cursed Exp - v0.2.2

Post by L0771 »

LINKS wrote:i am crafted arrows for assemble machine but this arrow (arrows inv ) not have damage. this is bug ?
Yep, it's a bug, i need modify this, i don't know how do it :p (it's because i have 1001 diferents arrows, the arrow with 0 dmg is the default arrow, i don't want make 1000 differents recipes for this)
Lishget wrote:I found, that cursed is an interesting Mod, i like the leveling. I have made a german translation for cursed, feel free to integrate it into the mod. :)
ty, i'll add this for 0.2.2, i've changed "cursed-Mine" for "cursed-drill", i knows nothing about german, i trust you Xd
v0.2.2
Now just store yours arrows on main inventory and this arrows automatically changes by your range level :)

LINKS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LINKS »

thanks you for repair bug to arrow but bug with robots is stayed.Repair robot to collect my cursed hearth and put him storage chest.but they should do transport robots.sorry for my bad english

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

LINKS wrote:Repair robot collects cursed hearths and puts it at storage chest, but transport robots should do this.
hmmmm i think this isn't my bug, i don't edit robots and cursed hearths are item...

ZenThorn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZenThorn »

Hi there,

My wife and I have been excited to try and play factorio with your mod but have been unable to thus far, is it completely compatible in multiplayer? We have found that it functions fine up until one of us interacts with the cursed GUI which instantly causes the other persons game to crash, if I click on the GUI it will crash her game and if she clicks on the GUI it will crash my game but the person who clicks it stays in the game. We have tried troubleshooting, with and without other mods and have narrowed it down to it only occurring in multiplayer. If you need the error report from the log I can provide that for you, I just don't want to flood this post with excessive data unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think it's a great mod and awesome concept to bring to the game, you have done a really nice job on it, I only hope you can help me with this problem so that I can play it with my wife :).

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

ZenThorn wrote:Hi there,

My wife and I have been excited to try and play factorio with your mod but have been unable to thus far, is it completely compatible in multiplayer? We have found that it functions fine up until one of us interacts with the cursed GUI which instantly causes the other persons game to crash, if I click on the GUI it will crash her game and if she clicks on the GUI it will crash my game but the person who clicks it stays in the game. We have tried troubleshooting, with and without other mods and have narrowed it down to it only occurring in multiplayer. If you need the error report from the log I can provide that for you, I just don't want to flood this post with excessive data unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think it's a great mod and awesome concept to bring to the game, you have done a really nice job on it, I only hope you can help me with this problem so that I can play it with my wife :).
Ty for feedback :)

You and your wife have different nicknames?
I think is fully compatible with multiplayer, I can't test, but no one has reported a problem with MP.
Cursed are on ShadowsMegaModpack and no one reported this issue.
Any button crash your game?

I've tested on old versions, with same nickname, if player1 click button1 on the gui, all others player1's button1 are clicked.

Try this with 2 both players on the game
/c remote.call("cursed","resetgui")

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Hmm so arrows damage should upgrade somehow?

I'm playing with Shadow's mod pack and I haven't noticed anything changing there. Armor&tool do change but they are very weak compared to other alternatives you can get. And I don't see how to get hundred's of talents for the upgrades.

If I understand correctly the 10 parts made from hearts should allow production of T1 talents then use the advancement recipes. 10 parts is a bit much to shuffle around tho so not really promising considering that benefits seemed minimal.
In 40+h game I managed to get maybe 100 of T1 talents from playing which is not that much. I wasn't fighting using the bow tho - it seems inferior to standard weapons at start and it's hard to level it without incentive to use it.

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HellEye »

Hey!
I like this mod thus far, using darkshadow's modpack. But i have one question. Does the turret level talent increase max turret level? I have one turret that's sitting on 3 xp more than needed to level but it's not going. Oh, and the bow is too slow early game to use it, 3 seconds of delay is too much. Well... It wouldn't be bad if I could change the weapon, but It doesn't shoot if i fire the bow by mistake. I don't think that thare's any way to overwrite it though. Great mod, Maybe a bit too unbalanced.
Thanks!

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

orzelek wrote:Hmm so arrows damage should upgrade somehow?
hmmm yep, just tested, every "bow" level adds (Damage = (6.5 + 0.5 * [Level]))
Dmg
orzelek wrote:I'm playing with Shadow's mod pack and I haven't noticed anything changing there. Armor&tool do change but they are very weak compared to other alternatives you can get. And I don't see how to get hundred's of talents for the upgrades.
If I understand correctly the 10 parts made from hearts should allow production of T1 talents then use the advancement recipes. 10 parts is a bit much to shuffle around tho so not really promising considering that benefits seemed minimal.
In 40+h game I managed to get maybe 100 of T1 talents from playing which is not that much. I wasn't fighting using the bow tho - it seems inferior to standard weapons at start and it's hard to level it without incentive to use it.
... You needs to build a farm of hearts, with 1 germling and 1 litre of blood can craft 1 Seed, with this you can farm hearts without limit.
HellEye wrote:Hey!
I like this mod thus far, using darkshadow's modpack. But i have one question. Does the turret level talent increase max turret level? I have one turret that's sitting on 3 xp more than needed to level but it's not going. Oh, and the bow is too slow early game to use it, 3 seconds of delay is too much. Well... It wouldn't be bad if I could change the weapon, but It doesn't shoot if i fire the bow by mistake. I don't think that thare's any way to overwrite it though. Great mod, Maybe a bit too unbalanced.
Thanks!
You needs buy "Updade turret", every upgrade gives 1 Level more and a bonus of exp.
The bow is a unlimited weapon, with long range, but if i gives a good weapon from begining, you don't need to choose for the "upgradeable" or another weapon, with high bow level, have higger damage and speed than all...
I don't want make a "EPIC OP WEAPON", i give another weapon, you need choose.

Thanks! :)

ZenThorn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZenThorn »

L0771 wrote:
ZenThorn wrote:Hi there,

Ty for feedback :)

You and your wife have different nicknames?
I think is fully compatible with multiplayer, I can't test, but no one has reported a problem with MP.
Cursed are on ShadowsMegaModpack and no one reported this issue.
Any button crash your game?

I've tested on old versions, with same nickname, if player1 click button1 on the gui, all others player1's button1 are clicked.

Try this with 2 both players on the game
/c remote.call("cursed","resetgui")
Thanks for your prompt reply, we did some more extensive testing and also tried what you mentioned there with the console command but it didn't change anything, yes we do have different nicknames and we also changed them again as well as re-installed the game, mods and deleted the temp folder and crop-cache.dat file. We play together using the ShadowsMegaModpack -cursed exp and we don't have any crashes so I am completely baffled as to why we are having this problem, especially being that (like you said) nobody else has reported having this problem.

What we can do is click the cursed Icon in the GUI to display the drop down menu and are able to hover the mouse over the options and highlight the buttons with no problem but once we click any of the buttons it will crash the other player.

Here is the log, I hope it helps, keep in mind this occurred after generating a new map, my wife loaded in, we did nothing but click a button on the cursed GUI and this is the error report from that, the mod setup works perfectly once cursed is removed. My next step is to create a new log file without any additional mods for the purpose of clarity.
Error Log

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20] Cursed Exp - v0.2.3

Post by L0771 »

i've posted this here.
I'm sorry, i have no idea what can it be.

And
v0.2.3

Skyswimsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Skyswimsky »

Hey,

I just wanted to tell you that I have the exact same error, if the logs help I can reproduce it later.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Latest compability patch with oxygen causes people to take damage if theres pollution around them. When they do not have oxygen mod installed. Please fix :) !
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Latest compability patch with oxygen causes people to take damage if theres pollution around them. When they do not have oxygen mod installed. Please fix :) !
It's done, sorry, i've finished yesterday, but i've sended other file to Oxygen mod's owner :)
v0.2.4

Return to “Mods”