[MOD 0.12.x] Slipstream Chests - 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
lordfwahfnah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Slipstream Chests - 2.0.0

Post by lordfwahfnah »

same here, i'm having troubles setting up the chests. sometimes they work out of the box. sometimes i place them in different orders (chests, belts, power poles) and they still wont connect.

playing 0.12.10 with mod version 2.0.0
not sure if there is a problem with some other mod. i hope not

Ashnoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashnoom »

It seems that this mod is broken with 0.12.20.

Whenever I try to load a map (both new game and existing save) the game throws me a notice:
__Slipstream__/control.lua:15: attempt to index global 'game'(a nil value)

And then the map fails to load. This both happens with, and without other mods.

Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Duros1394 »

I'm getting the same error as Ash is there a way to fix this>?

Ashnoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashnoom »

Duros1394 wrote:I'm getting the same error as Ash is there a way to fix this>?
I've dived in to the code and fixed it for personal use. I don't know if I am allowed to re-share that code though

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi,

The author of the mod stated it was unter MIT license. Here it what it says :
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holders>

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
Source

So as long as you don't change the licensing and keep a link to the description of the MIT license, it should be OK.

[Edit] : typos
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Why not just share the solution?

Which is replacing "game.on" with "script.on" iirc.

Ashnoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashnoom »

Foxy_Boxes wrote:Why not just share the solution?

True, and don't forget to remove script.on_save and replacing all the occurrences of sschests and schedule with global.sschests and global.schedule because script.on_save was removed apparaently and the script used to use two local variables to hold the sschests and schedule variable which now seems to be needed to be accessed directly through the globals variable.

Anyway, I just uploaded that version of the things I changed above, upped the minor/bugfix number and hopefully the author can pick it up and make it an official release.
Attachments
Slipstream_2.0.1.zip
fixed version
(8 KiB) Downloaded 478 times

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Ashnoom wrote:
Foxy_Boxes wrote:Why not just share the solution?

True, and don't forget to remove script.on_save and replacing all the occurrences of sschests and schedule with global.sschests and global.schedule because script.on_save was removed apparaently and the script used to use two local variables to hold the sschests and schedule variable which now seems to be needed to be accessed directly through the globals variable.

Anyway, I just uploaded that version of the things I changed above, upped the minor/bugfix number and hopefully the author can pick it up and make it an official release.
Thanks! I was scratching my head as to why i got the game.on_load (or script.on_load) error, as i was not aware that was removed (a few other mods that were "updated for 0.12.11+ have this issue too.) I don't know Lua so the fixes other than changing game.on_ with script.on_ are beyond e ;)

Kingoftime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kingoftime »

Does anyone have this working on the current build? (0.12.24) i downloaded the file from ashnoom, the game loads the mod and starts up no problem but they do not pick up or drop items on conveyors...

Ashnoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashnoom »

I would recommend not using the mod. I used it a bit after fixing it, but it gave me more headaches, rather than making things easier. Sometimes the chest wouldn't eject or accept items leaving my conveyor belts empty.

I would wait for the mod author to first fix the mod. It still is ac cool mod/idea though :-)

Kingoftime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kingoftime »

ok thanks for letting me know.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Doesn't work on 0.12.21 (ssc 2.0.0)
game.on_event -> script.on_event
game.on_save - event removed in 0.12
...and so on. And even after fixing these bugs chests don't operate with belts...
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

.12.21's an old experimental release anyway, and I wouldn't expect that it would.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

gaza9422
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gaza9422 »

does not work for 0.12.26 either on steam
says "__Slipstream__/control.lua:15: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"
please fix as this mod looks great and i really really want to use it

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

gaza9422 wrote:does not work for 0.12.26 either on steam
says "__Slipstream__/control.lua:15: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"
please fix as this mod looks great and i really really want to use it
I get the same error. Love Slipstream Chests and I'm curious if there's an update planned.

Edit:
So I have very, VERY little experience in programming and lua, so I'm sure I've probably just made a mess of things. I tried tweaking a few things in control.lua, I was able to get it to work... kind of. Works great as long as you never have to reload the save.

-Redefined schedule as a global variable
-removed game.on_Load and transferred it's internal code to game.on_init (on_Load was removed in 0.12.11)
-all game.on_init and game.on_event have been changed to the proper script.on_init/on_event
-removed game.on_save (on_save is was also removed)

All chests function properly on the creation of a game, but when you reload, all the chests stop input/output. Any newly placed chests function properly. Additionally, when you pick up one of the broken chests the chest and battery part have become separated. The battery part is indestructible and cannot be mined, thus creating a permanent object/obstruction in the middle of your belt.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Is there interest in this mod?

Was combining it with instant void chest mod to clean up some belts that got mixed and spread mixed coper/iron through my whole factory.

Slip stream did not work directly but I think it would just need the new transport belt lua functions which I did get working with void chest. Is original dev around or someone interested in maintaining it?

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Peppe wrote:Is there interest in this mod?

Was combining it with instant void chest mod to clean up some belts that got mixed and spread mixed coper/iron through my whole factory.

Slip stream did not work directly but I think it would just need the new transport belt lua functions which I did get working with void chest. Is original dev around or someone interested in maintaining it?
I am very interested in this mod or something similar. Inline belt storage is something I am constantly wishing I had in my builds.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Adalonus wrote:
Peppe wrote:Is there interest in this mod?

I am very interested in this mod or something similar. Inline belt storage is something I am constantly wishing I had in my builds.
Here is my first build on a mod around the inline concept, viewtopic.php?f=93&t=22955

Haven't made a release thread yet was trying to take screenshots and record some gifs.

Interacts with belts, and also trains+logistics chests. Put a logistics chest, wagon or locomotive then my interface chest. If the interface chest has belts inputting into it will transfer to the train/ logistics chest. If it has belts out it will pull from them instead.

If you red x all the slots it becomes a trash chest that deletes things you place in it or belt into it.

Also all works with splitters and underground belts.

kaleb_boren
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kaleb_boren »

I need help i recive this error upon loading any save

Pic Link: //drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vpLA_AoPDfdVgwSEJFX3IxWkk/view?usp=sharing

(Copy paste link)

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

kaleb_boren wrote:I need help i recive this error upon loading any save

Pic Link: //drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vpLA_AoPDfdVgwSEJFX3IxWkk/view?usp=sharing

(Copy paste link)
This mod hasn't been updated in a while. Not surprised it doesn't work correctly. You'll need to wait and see if anyone wants to take a crack at fixing it.

Return to “Mods”