[MOD 0.17.x] Atti's Bonus Tech

Topics and discussion about specific mods
attitude
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.17.x] Atti's Bonus Tech

Post by attitude »

Atti's Bonus Tech

Short description: Adds beneficial bonuses for the player with or without research trees. A total of 19 bonuses are included in this release.
License: MIT
Factorio version: 0.17.x
Mod version: 0.2.5
Stage: Beta!
Release date: 04 May 2019
Last update: 12 May 2019
Mod portal link: Atti's Bonus Tech

Screenshots:
Image Image

Long description:
While i know there are some mods out there that basically do the same thing, none of them did what i wanted. They either lacked bonuses i wanted or they couldn't be disabled or they were way too easy or way too hard. This is the result of my frustration.

The mod has a total of 19 bonuses as of now and every single one of them can be disabled and you can set the amount you want to increase with every research you do, you can select how many levels of research you have or you can just ignore all of that and set a flat bonus that's gonna be there when you load a map thus disabling all the research needed for it.
The recipe cost of every bonus is calculated by the amount you have in settings, so having a big increase on a bonus will result in a high amount of science packs needed to research it.
The mod also disables all the tech that gives the same bonuses from vanilla game and bobs for now for balancing reasons. This only happens if the bonus is enabled in settings or you set a flat one.
It has an expensive mode made for people like me who like a challenge and don't want everything to come easily. It will increase the cost to big amounts, so be warned!

Current bonus researches are:
  • Crafting speed
  • Mining speed
  • Running speed
  • Health increase
  • Reach distance
  • Bonus inventory slots
  • Bonus logistic and trash slots
  • Laboratory research productivity
  • Laboratory research speed
  • Weapons shooting speed & damage
  • Lasers speed & damage
  • Explosives damage
  • Flammables damage
  • Turrets damage
  • Worker robots speed & cargo capacity
  • Non-stack & stack inserters capacity
Please keep in mind that the mod is in beta stage, there might be bugs here and there, not game-breaking ones, but small errors. I tested it as much as i could, but well...

Changelog for 0.2.5:
Optimisations:
- Fixed the on_tick function to run just once on a game load (to apply the fixed bonuses)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug where a function wouldn't be available if crafting speed was disabled (thanks slay_mithos)

Tags: bonus tech, research bonus, tweaks, helper mods
Last edited by attitude on Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] Atti's Bonus Tech

Post by slay_mithos »

I discovered a pretty important problem, the "overwriteContent" function is only defined in "prototype/crafting-speed.lua", so if we disable crafting speed in the mod options it doesn't do the "require" on that file and the game throws an error because other files try to use the function that is not defined.

The "dirty" workaround is to move that function at the top of data.lua instead, a cleaner one would be to make a new file for that fuction (and maybe others) and put the require before all of the prototype ones.

(It shouldn't impact anything said above but factorio 0.17.38 and attistech 0.2.4 are the version I used)

attitude
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by attitude »

slay_mithos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:04 pm
I discovered a pretty important problem, the "overwriteContent" function is only defined in "prototype/crafting-speed.lua", so if we disable crafting speed in the mod options it doesn't do the "require" on that file and the game throws an error because other files try to use the function that is not defined.

The "dirty" workaround is to move that function at the top of data.lua instead, a cleaner one would be to make a new file for that fuction (and maybe others) and put the require before all of the prototype ones.

(It shouldn't impact anything said above but factorio 0.17.38 and attistech 0.2.4 are the version I used)
Thanks for that, i'll fix it later this day.

Fargorn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fargorn »

I got this problem with multiplayer. Any fix?
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (81.23 KiB) Viewed 1281 times

Return to “Mods”