[0.17+] Central Rails

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jessea2010
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Central Rails

Post by Jessea2010 »

So I have another request...How about spacing between the 2 center rails. So I have quite a few BPs with a spacing of 3 rails between them or 6 squares instead of 4. But still 2 rails between the outside rails...Does that make sense...

Oh and thanks for the changelog. :D

Oh and "Color Coding" has multicolored concrete...might be interesting.

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

Jessea2010 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:48 am
So I have another request...How about spacing between the 2 center rails. So I have quite a few BPs with a spacing of 3 rails between them or 6 squares instead of 4. But still 2 rails between the outside rails...Does that make sense...

Oh and thanks for the changelog. :D

Oh and "Color Coding" has multicolored concrete...might be interesting.
no prob.

Not sure what you mean. But I'm guessing you just want to be able to insert more buildings, eg two solar panels, in the gap between the two directions.

I'm thinking I'll add this as a setting with the default being 4 tiles to provide backwards compatibility. When you previously mentioned substations I looked into adding solar panels between the rails and other infrastructure. One solar panel creates a 1 tile gap that wouldn't exist with a 6 tile spacing.

While solar panels and other things are still out of scope for this mod, I have a plan for another mod to integrate with this one to provide these kinds of addons. That mod will allow for substations, solar, radar, roboports etc.

cheers

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

Zaflis wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 am
Does "central rails" mean something specific? It's hard to imagine what the mod does. Puts some rails down assume, in what shape and density, how far from the spawn, does it have signals, crossings, stations, anything else? The description is void and i don't have time to test mods that seem too vague, even if they seem interesting ;)
This mod is called "Central Rails" because it is intended to create a central set of rails for your base. It generates those rails as far as you explore.

The idea is that you then build your base along that central rail line. This lets you gather resources from afar in an accessible way.

It provides rails, signals, power, wiring, concrete automatically. Other than that it is up to you to build crossings and everything else.

I'd suggest you download and run it on a fresh world but it can also be added to an existing world. Its pretty quick to see how it works in operation and has plenty of configuration settings if you want to dig further but that isn't required.

It supports the use of other mods as I add them.

We've played this mod with ribbon worlds and a few other set ups. Seems to be fun on deathworlds as well.

Jessea2010
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jessea2010 »

Ya I want to use this, or something like it.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (238.99 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

0.0.8 up. more rails. more floors. spacing.

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

0.0.9 up. first attempt at surface tile interpolation: beats grass-1.

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

0.0.10 up.
rail signal spacing added. defaults to 30. minimum 2.
power pole spacing limit increased to 32. defaults to 30.

adamius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by adamius »

0.18.0 is up. A few known bugs but the thing is much faster.

0.18.1 is in progress. Not sure how many are still on 0.17 so the next release will have a .17 version as well.

Return to “Mods”