[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
User avatar
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:53 am

Zaflis wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:26 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:06 am
all the leech function does is allow a burner inserter to take fuel out of a assembler/furnace to feed its self if its set to pull items out from that entity
But it will only ever pull fuel from the input side of inserter. If it puts in an assembler that already has coal in, it can't take it out.
That's how Wube made it work.

jefw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by jefw » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 am

Hello Deadlock, I am tinkering with my first factorio mod. I wanted to make a mod to closer integrate Klonan's Total Automization mod with Industrial Revolution. One of my ideas was to make a steampunk combat bot for the early game. I wanted to ask your permission to modify your steampunk bot for the purpose of this. Additionally, permission to publish the modified version as part of this mod should I choose to release it.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by ukezi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 pm

I made a mod for burner radars https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_burner_radar
and one to aligns the speed of short and long inserters by tier https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_ins ... eed_change

User avatar
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm

ukezi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 pm
I made a mod for burner radars https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_burner_radar
and one to aligns the speed of short and long inserters by tier https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_ins ... eed_change
There is a burner "radar" in IR 1.0.7, and the inserter speeds are also changing. Waiting for next Factorio stable release.
jefw wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 am
Hello Deadlock, I am tinkering with my first factorio mod. I wanted to make a mod to closer integrate Klonan's Total Automization mod with Industrial Revolution. One of my ideas was to make a steampunk combat bot for the early game. I wanted to ask your permission to modify your steampunk bot for the purpose of this. Additionally, permission to publish the modified version as part of this mod should I choose to release it.
Sorry, I don't give permission to use my graphics assets in other people's published mods.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by ukezi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm
ukezi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 pm
I made a mod for burner radars https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_burner_radar
and one to aligns the speed of short and long inserters by tier https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_ins ... eed_change
There is a burner "radar" in IR 1.0.7, and the inserter speeds are also changing. Waiting for next Factorio stable release.
We don't know when the next stable comes out. The inserter thing are 4 lines. Also you said your burner radar will not do scanning so I made a mod with one that does.

Edit: Also I have thoughts on the early game balancing of building cost: To have full throughput in for Big Iron Chassis you need 6 assemblers. For copper and Bronze you need because of the lots of rivets and the wood 16.5, if you round up you need 18. I would fix that by changing the recipes a bit. 16 ingots+4wodden beams+4 rivets ->6 clad beams @2s(saves 6 factories from ingot to plate, 2 from capped beams, 0.5 from wooden beams and 0.5 from rivets and 0.5 from rod. The new build would require 7 factories instead of 18.

Also is there a reason oil wells need small chassis when everything else needs big ones?
Last edited by ukezi on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyralessa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Kyralessa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi, Deadlock,

I would just like to say that this mod is amazing. The plethora of items is bewildering at first glance, but everything makes sense in terms of what it's used in, and the complexity ramps up gradually at a perfect rate. On default settings I do find it difficult to keep up, technology-wise, with defense in terms of the speed at which the biters evolve. But it's not impossible, it's just difficult, and this is the first time I've played the mod this far. Some 80(!) hours in, I finally achieved the full logistics system, and I still have plenty more to do.

I like the electric train option; I just switched all my locomotives over to battery power. I appreciate how you can tell on the train display by the color whether they're conventional or electric, so it's easy to see which ones I haven't changed out yet.

In conjunction with the train, I discovered I could replace my armor generators with battery dischargers. I like having a reliable power source for the armor, with my pocketful of batteries, that doesn't depend on "pocket fusion" magic.

I also was glad to have the scrapping mechanic, disposing of old slow items like yellow belts in a way that lets me feel like I'm recycling them, not just throwing them away.

I'm using a few other mods, most notably Factorissimo2. I never found a need for it before, but I've found that it fits perfectly with IR, making it easy to encapsulate bits of my factory and keep the spaghetti from getting too far out of hand. (The Factorio equivalent of object-oriented programming. :D )

Oh, and also, it's beautiful. The amount of time you've spent on the graphical assets is obvious. Everything fits right in to the Factorio aesthetic and makes it a pleasure to play. I love my monowheel and still keep it around to take it for spins around my base. I practically shed a tear when it was finally time to say goodbye to my faithful punkbots and move up to construction bots. I could watch the miners for hours moving up and down on their giant hinges.

Thank you for your extraordinary hard work.

nosports
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by nosports » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 pm

I launched my rocket - with satellite *yay* 8-)

its definitely a very nice and smooth play...
Got some troubles with biters in mid game, but after research of laser and use of titanium ammo in conjunction with the steel walls i managed to protect my home land from the filtihy biter hordes......
And i liked the progression of the smelting best...
not to mention this very fine spagehtti cookbook :lol:

As then i have two suggestion :

Wall :
Stone wall has 350hp and steel wall has 1000hp.
There i would more suggest to have the steel wall around 700hp (still doubling up from stone wall) and adding a titanium wall with 1000hp and increased acid resistance (if this is possible)
I have no objection for my play to use the steel wall as it is, but in midgame i assembled too much titanium (i solved this by using titanium ammo instead of steel ammo to have a sink for the piling titanium to get my steel flowing) and i think it would be a good enough titanium sink to use it as wall plating
Also i may feel a spacious line of gun turret with steel ammo and the steel wall plus dragon teeth is more then enough protection at least to behemoth aliens, so a slightly weaker steel wall will make the battle ground more level (biter friendly - give the enemy a real chance :D )

Ammo:
Copper: 5/6
Steel: 8/9.6
Titanium: 12/14.4
all has the same range
Copper heavyst and Titanium the lightest of theses three

as impact is a sum of mass & velocity i would suggest for Titanium the same damage as steel (or close) and a added range to make this more 'physical' ( lighter --> faster bullet; same impact energy so more range...

As for uranium i don't have used them in my play but i would change the needed material from titanium to steel, because i don't get why titanium is used because use of depleted uranium is just the weight for more impact damage, and then conteracting this with use of lighter material.

so now going of to reseach artillery and building some photon cannons.... :mrgreen:
Last edited by nosports on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PTTG
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by PTTG » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm

nog wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:05 pm
mrvn wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 am
There should be a nuclear battery that you can reprocess instead of charge or electric trains could simply accept nuclear fuel cells and return spend fuel cells. The difference between 120% acceleration and 200% is just too big to keep electric trains otherwise.
"nuclear battery" ? You're just distorting reality.
Nuclear batteries of a sort do exist (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_battery). That said, we already have nuclear rocket fuel, which is apparently made by cramming highly enriched uranium into solid rocket motors. So a nuclear enhanced battery isn't worse than what we have already. Plus, it'd give a use for the large quantities of uranium around the map in most games.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by ukezi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 pm

nosports wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 pm
As for uranium i don't have used them in my play but i would change the needed material from titanium to steel, because i don't get why titanium is used because use of depleted uranium is just the weight for more impact damage, and then conteracting this with use of lighter material.

so now going of to reseach artillery and building some photon cannons.... :mrgreen:
DU in bullets is actually an alloy with minimal amounts of titanium in them, 0.72% by mass. Titanium isn't a good material for ammo anyway. To light and not hard enough compared to steel. If you want an upgrade to hardened steel core, you use DU or Tungsten (carbide).

nosports
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by nosports » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:43 pm

ukezi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 pm
nosports wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 pm
As for uranium i don't have used them in my play but i would change the needed material from titanium to steel, because i don't get why titanium is used because use of depleted uranium is just the weight for more impact damage, and then conteracting this with use of lighter material.

so now going of to reseach artillery and building some photon cannons.... :mrgreen:
DU in bullets is actually an alloy with minimal amounts of titanium in them, 0.72% by mass. Titanium isn't a good material for ammo anyway. To light and not hard enough compared to steel. If you want an upgrade to hardened steel core, you use DU or Tungsten (carbide).
Yes thats just what i mean.....

My suggestion is making the Titanoum ammo not better as steel, maybe more range.
It would also be sensible to remove Titanium ammo due to said reasons
The uranium ammo uses a titanium ammo as base in it recipe -> that i would switch (back) to steel ammo as a base in the recipe

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by ukezi » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:21 am

nosports wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Yes thats just what i mean.....

My suggestion is making the Titanoum ammo not better as steel, maybe more range.
It would also be sensible to remove Titanium ammo due to said reasons
The uranium ammo uses a titanium ammo as base in it recipe -> that i would switch (back) to steel ammo as a base in the recipe
I would get rid of titanium ammo altogether. Instead add bronze ammo and move iron and later one tier up. Maybe do something with diamonds.

nog
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by nog » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:34 am

PTTG wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm
Nuclear batteries of a sort do exist (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_battery).
Oh, OK. I ignored this.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 3:02 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by CMH » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Is this mod still being worked on?

Just wondering if there's gonna be more uses for chrome...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 2338
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Bilka » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm
There is a burner "radar" in IR 1.0.7, and the inserter speeds are also changing. Waiting for next Factorio stable release.
With 0.17.79 being declared stable, I'm really looking forward to this and the racing monowheel :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by toddchitt » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm

I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble balancing my copper ore washing line. It appears that the clean water/dirty water throughput adds up to the point where I can't get more than a handful of ore washing machines connected to the same output (dirty water) manifold before the water backs up and additional washers simply don't run.

Any chance of scaling back the water requirement a bit? Like 50 or 20 instead of 200?

Solinya
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Solinya » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm

toddchitt wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm
I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble balancing my copper ore washing line. It appears that the clean water/dirty water throughput adds up to the point where I can't get more than a handful of ore washing machines connected to the same output (dirty water) manifold before the water backs up and additional washers simply don't run.

Any chance of scaling back the water requirement a bit? Like 50 or 20 instead of 200?
Do you have the same problem when using pumps? I haven’t gotten to ore washing in IR yet but pumps helped with a similar problem in Krasterio. I added a single pump from my output line into a dirty water tank and it moved the water faster.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Cribbit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:00 am

Solinya wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm
toddchitt wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm
I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble balancing my copper ore washing line. It appears that the clean water/dirty water throughput adds up to the point where I can't get more than a handful of ore washing machines connected to the same output (dirty water) manifold before the water backs up and additional washers simply don't run.

Any chance of scaling back the water requirement a bit? Like 50 or 20 instead of 200?
Do you have the same problem when using pumps? I haven’t gotten to ore washing in IR yet but pumps helped with a similar problem in Krasterio. I added a single pump from my output line into a dirty water tank and it moved the water faster.
It's not that sort of throughput issue.

In IR you can turn 400 dirty water into 380 clean water and some sand/gravel. Great, I'll just loop that water back into my production facility. The issue is that since it loses water you still need a water input. The issue with that is then your water cleaners can't output water when your water buffer (pipes/tank etc) is full, similar to how oil can back up.

There are various solutions which I won't spoil but it's a nice twist on a throughput problem.

And on top of that you have normal throughput issues, since that's 400 fluid/s per cleaner, and one water cleaner only cleans enough for 4 ore washers. And just general piping issues, since the liquid hardpoints are set in stone.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Cribbit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 am

toddchitt wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm
I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble balancing my copper ore washing line. It appears that the clean water/dirty water throughput adds up to the point where I can't get more than a handful of ore washing machines connected to the same output (dirty water) manifold before the water backs up and additional washers simply don't run.

Any chance of scaling back the water requirement a bit? Like 50 or 20 instead of 200?
Hint: It's not your dirty water that's backing up, it's your normal water. Look at the output boxes on your water cleaners. You'll notice that the clean water is full. Your water plants aren't able to outflow the clean water they're producing, so the whole loop stops.

Flowsama
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:46 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Flowsama » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:52 am

Hello Deadlock,

I just wanted to express my appreciation for your dedication and hard work to the modding community for Factorio. I chuckled when your description said "But don't want to sit through a Chemistry lesson." Mainly cause you hit the nail on that one.

You wanted to achieve an experience akin to those of Minecraft Mods, while maintaining the "nature" of Factorio. Kudos. I really feel as if I'm enhancing my gameplay with a different take, but nostalgia, without having to ask myself "okay so how do you pronounce that."

There aren't enough thanks to give to show my appreciation to you, but I hope it means just as much.

Thank you.

User avatar
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:26 pm

You're very welcome.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users