[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Post by fishycat »

I found it. Apparently I had both values (vanilla biter generation and rso generation) unticked somehow. As soon as I ticked vanilla in startup, it just works fine.
Sorry for the hassle guys, my fault :P

Question: If I turn RSO on now in my existing game, it should work for undiscovered junks, right?

inputfish
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by inputfish »

@Deadlock989 Really enjoying the mod so far! Love the mechanics and style; almost feels like an expansion to the original :)

Would you be able to share a high level overview of your graphics workflow? I love the work and have been tinkering with Blender as a hobby and would love to learn more. No worries if you can’t share or go into detail.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Could you add ironman starting kit? (a.k.a. start with nada)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

cpy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:00 pm
Oof. That's hardcore. Possibly?

OBXandos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by OBXandos »

cpy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:00 pm
How about an Ironman Kit that gives you power armor, defense lasers and nanobots ;)

Played your mod for about 8 hours and I have to say it has been a very enjoyable experience. I haven't played Factorio since .16 times because I did not like the direction things were going. Your mod has nearly everything I am wanting from this game.

I read through this entire thread and the one on the general forums about mod licensing and I wanted to voice my opinion here. I love your mod and I am very happy that you chose to put the time and effort into it for us all to enjoy. Please know that you have fans that will really be sad if you chose to shut down the project because of issues with the streaming community. They definitely are not the only people that enjoy your work.

I know you said you don't want or need any money for your modding work but if you ever change your mind i would be happy to toss some dollars your way.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

inputfish wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 pm
@Deadlock989 Really enjoying the mod so far! Love the mechanics and style; almost feels like an expansion to the original :)

Would you be able to share a high level overview of your graphics workflow? I love the work and have been tinkering with Blender as a hobby and would love to learn more. No worries if you can’t share or go into detail.
Thank you very much.

I've been asked a few times now if I could write up something about making sprites for Factorio. I definitely will at some point but it will take a while to get to. Bear in mind I am not an artist, am completely self taught, cannot even draw, and am a completely self-taught coder too (though I started the latter a long time ago). So it's hard to know what's worth sharing. There are some nice guides to specific and practical Blender issues already on these forums - for example, though that one and some of others are maybe a bit too specific and a bit too step-by-step - so I was thinking of writing up something a bit different, more like a "mistakes I made with Blender so you don't have to" thing.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

OBXandos wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 pm
I know you said you don't want or need any money for your modding work but if you ever change your mind i would be happy to toss some dollars your way.
Thanks for the (moral) support, it's appreciated.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

fishycat wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am
I found it. Apparently I had both values (vanilla biter generation and rso generation) unticked somehow. As soon as I ticked vanilla in startup, it just works fine.
Sorry for the hassle guys, my fault :P

Question: If I turn RSO on now in my existing game, it should work for undiscovered junks, right?
I love it when users fix their problems themselves... I might need to add some warning somewhere for this case just in case.. ;)

And yes - RSO will only work for newly generated chunks. It might be a bit further then you image tho - what is a newly generated chunk depends on how far into the black game already generated.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

orzelek wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:50 am
I might need to add some warning somewhere for this case just in case.. ;)
It shall be known as the fishycat-conundrum :lol:
orzelek wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:50 am
And yes - RSO will only work for newly generated chunks. It might be a bit further then you image tho - what is a newly generated chunk depends on how far into the black game already generated.
In the end I decided to start all over again. Only two hours in, and the weekend ahead... Totally worth it in my opinion and a must have for the best train experience.

SanSanii4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SanSanii4 »

Hello, Deadlock989! You made beautiful mod, but I have some questions about license.
1. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with ON monetization on YouTube (ads during video by Google)?
2. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with ON partnership on Twitch/Youtube (paid subscriber and other cheers)?
3. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with direct common donation to streamer (Donationalert, Patreon and others)?
4. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with donation by events within game (similar HSK mod for rimworld)?
Thank you

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

SanSanii4 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:39 pm
Hello, Deadlock989! You made beautiful mod, but I have some questions about license.
1. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with ON monetization on YouTube (ads during video by Google)?
2. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with ON partnership on Twitch/Youtube (paid subscriber and other cheers)?
3. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with direct common donation to streamer (Donationalert, Patreon and others)?
4. Can streamer/videoblogger show game in your mod with donation by events within game (similar HSK mod for rimworld)?
Thank you
You need a lawyer to answer these questions correctly.

My wish and request is that the mod is used non-commercially. To me that clearly answers these questions with a "no".

Exactly the same terms that I signed up to when I used some of the software tools that I used to make this mod. I am bound by non-commercial terms as well. But I would not want other people to profit from this mod even if that weren't the case.

I don't wish to be rude, but I have answered these questions a hundred times now, sometimes under very hostile conditions, and will simply be ignoring them in future, either on these forums or by private message or by carrier pigeon. "Non-commercial" is non-ambiguous in my view. The license terms are functionally exactly the same as several other big popular mods - Angel's, Py's, Bob's, Earendel's - but their wishes may be different, I don't speak for them.

This thread will remain drama-free or I will ask the moderators to lock it permanently.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Hi Deadlock. Your mod is beyond amazing! I would love it if the devs could give you a kickback and incorporate the burner lamps, mono wheel and sign thingies into the main game. The mono wheel is just too cool for words and fits in so nicely with the game's vibe. Just wanted to give a shout out.

And sorry for screwing with your habits when requesting for the active topics button to the forums...

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

BHakluyt wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi Deadlock. Your mod is beyond amazing! I would love it if the devs could give you a kickback and incorporate the burner lamps, mono wheel and sign thingies into the main game. The mono wheel is just too cool for words and fits in so nicely with the game's vibe. Just wanted to give a shout out.

And sorry for screwing with your habits when requesting for the active topics button to the forums...
I would dearly love to see a Wube version of the monowheel. Those guys have proper artists so there is no doubt in my mind that it would be even more adorable. That said, there's not really a clear need in the vanilla progression for an earlier vehicle.

The most likely of those is the burner lamp, it comes up time and again - my one is a bit of a cheat (shhhh - it's a furnace, don't tell anyone) but it does the job. Again, not a clear need for it in the base game. There is sometimes talk of rejigging energy sources or other behaviours for current entities that don't support them (e.g. no burner roboports currently), so you never know what might end up in the base game, or what commonly requested thing might get mod API support ... Little birdie tells me there might be a snippet like that coming up sooner than you think ...

CDCobra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CDCobra »

[MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Hello Deadlock989,

First of all, I apologize for this imperfect English.
I use "Google translation" to write to you.

I discovered your mod "Industrial Revolution" following the post of the
developers. I thank them because I find it very interesting.

I am for my part French streamer "CDCobra". I have understood very well the
phenomenal work you have done on this mod and I would therefore not like to
participate in your work with a donation.

Of course, the basic game is 30 euros, I see very badly pay you more.

Could you inform me of the possibilities and the amount that you want so
that I can spread it for the French community?

Cordially.

CDCobra

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

can this still be an issue with Dectorio? Wondering why nobody else has it.

Code: Select all

166.545 Mods to disable:Fehler beim Laden der Mods: Error in assignID, tile with name 'stone-gravel' does not exist.

Source: stone-gravel (item).

Mods, die deaktiviert werden müssen:
• IndustrialRevolution
• alien-biomes
• IndustrialRevolution
Edit: Could just be to many tiles by not your mod.

119.486 Script @__alien-biomes__/data-final-fixes.lua:252: More than 255 tiles are defined, the game will not load unless some are removed.
Cu, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

steinio wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Edit: Could just be to many tiles by not your mod.

119.486 Script @__alien-biomes__/data-final-fixes.lua:252: More than 255 tiles are defined, the game will not load unless some are removed.
If I remember right from poking around in Alien Biomes (to sort out another issue), AB takes the slightly drastic approach of killing off any placeable tiles it can in order to load up its many, many, many terrain tiles and fit them into the 255 limit. On the one hand, this is a good plan because saved games are completely invalid if they reference terrain that no longer exists, while placed tiles just vanish. On the other hand, get your mitts off my tiles, jesus christ, or at least take the place_result parameter off their item as well.

This is one for Alien Biomes I'm afraid.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Deadlock, the Comfy server launched a few probes, but they're not tracked as satellites in the GUI? Seems like an oversight. Not sure if it's fixed or not because all of these servers can't be bothered to stay up to date or if the gui is even yours because it might be Comfy's softmod.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Mylon wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 pm
Deadlock, the Comfy server launched a few probes, but they're not tracked as satellites in the GUI? Seems like an oversight. Not sure if it's fixed or not because all of these servers can't be bothered to stay up to date or if the gui is even yours because it might be Comfy's softmod.
It's likely an oversight. I didn't think to look at the GUI, I just assumed it would track the launch of anything that qualified as a satellite. If I can get a report from them (preferably on mod portal) I will add it to the list to look at, but since it doesn't affect actual game world mechanics in any way I can think of, likely to be given very low priority right now.

frugal10191
Inserter
Inserter

Post by frugal10191 »

I have to say, it is the little attentions to detail that I really love about this mod. Not just that each tier of machine has a different set of models (not just the same model recoloured), but the little touches: I smile every time I hear the Clockwork Punkbots ticking gently as they work, and having their mechanisms wound as they recharge.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I'd like to say the sounds you've picked for this mod are phenomenal. I've found myself sitting in silence listening to machines run a few times.

I don't have much else to offer besides that other than great work.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Return to “Mods”