[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Post by fishycat »

Philip017 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm
i know it says incompatible with squeak through, but i mainly use squeak through because trees are such a pain to walk through, i dont suppose there is an alternative mod that will work but fix the tree issues? thanks for the mod.
I use Picker Tweaks. It has startup settings for squeak through and smaller tree boxes.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ThreePounds wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:21 pm
mrvn wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm
Since there are long burner inserters you can power them from the input belt if you put input and output belts on the same side.
Sounds interesting but I don't quite understand just by your description. Could you make an example for me, please?
Ignore the errant coal on the output belt:
ir-assembler-coal.png
ir-assembler-coal.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 5129 times

Instead of the bulges you can also use splitters. Splitters are expensive but then you only have one tile separation between assemblers. Later that tile can hold a power pole.

MiiNiPaa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MiiNiPaa »

For some reason, inserters forget to feed fuel to furnaces smelting stone, other furnaces are unaffected.
ThreePounds wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:21 pm
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm
Since there are long burner inserters you can power them from the input belt if you put input and output belts on the same side.
Sounds interesting but I don't quite understand just by your description. Could you make an example for me, please?
Other two ways to power output inserters I use. Coal is the fuel, bricks are the product. Second approach also lets you power input inserters without sacrificing one side of the belt.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I don't have a screenshot for it at the moment but when you have a grid of e.g. furnaces you can have the ore/ingots flow in alternating rows and the coal in columns (90Β° to the input/output bets).

MiiNiPaa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MiiNiPaa »

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:54 pm
I don't have a screenshot for it at the moment but when you have a grid of e.g. furnaces you can have the ore/ingots flow in alternating rows and the coal in columns (90Β° to the input/output bets).
I mostly use it for mines, but it will work well for smelters too.

ImageImage

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

MiiNiPaa wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:42 pm
For some reason, inserters forget to feed fuel to furnaces smelting stone, other furnaces are unaffected.
This is probably not a bug. The furnace is simply faster than the inserter. See also viewtopic.php?t=75421

Quasar_0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Quasar_0 »

Fen1kz wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm
That's a nice mod, it's in a perfect place between vanilla and angelbobs madness. I do like it, however there's one thing that bugs me - combat. First turrets feel very weak and low range and the latter are all energy based.

And whats worst - I cannot seem to find balanced mods for that. The closest thing is Rampant Arsenal, but it has a bug with shotgun turret (and overall adds a bit too much). But even this is way off balanced because for modded turret you need like 10 steel plates, 10 copper plates and some easy thing. Like, it's easier to craft than basic inserter.

Does anybody knows any good mods for warfare that could work with this one? I'm trying to hold off Rampant + Natural Evolution biters.
Krastorio add mid-late game weaponry and has a mod option to balance Bob ennemies so they have less health but more speed to match the damage of weapons/turrets of Krastorio. I also use AAI vehicles/Aircraft/Helicopter mods with Krastorio and Bob ennemies.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.99.3
Date: 11. 09. 2019

Balancing:

- Military Science (grey science packs) now depends on Improved Laboratories 1, like blue science, because you can't use military packs in copper labs anyway.
- This has no actual effect on military progression in terms of timing, but it does automatically result in slightly increased military research costs from the mid-Iron Age onwards.

Fixes:

- The smelting recipe overload change in the last version was reverted, it didn't achieve the desired goal and just created new problems.
- Fixed that logistics storage depots would return the wrong item when deconstructed.

Compatibility:

- Loader Redux compatibility was added, and it was added to the list of mods that are supported.
- PyCoalProcessing was marked as incompatible for the time being (at their request).
- Omnipermute was removed from the incompatible mods list, as it depends on Omnilibrary which remains incompatible.
- Deadlock's Larger Lamps now required to be version 1.2.7 or above.
- If IR hides any vanilla item that places a vanilla entity, the "next_upgrade" property of the entity is now automatically set to nil, instead of listing specific next_upgrade cancellations manually.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

richarnd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by richarnd »

Quasar_0 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Fen1kz wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm
That's a nice mod, it's in a perfect place between vanilla and angelbobs madness. I do like it, however there's one thing that bugs me - combat. First turrets feel very weak and low range and the latter are all energy based.

And whats worst - I cannot seem to find balanced mods for that. The closest thing is Rampant Arsenal, but it has a bug with shotgun turret (and overall adds a bit too much). But even this is way off balanced because for modded turret you need like 10 steel plates, 10 copper plates and some easy thing. Like, it's easier to craft than basic inserter.

Does anybody knows any good mods for warfare that could work with this one? I'm trying to hold off Rampant + Natural Evolution biters.
Krastorio add mid-late game weaponry and has a mod option to balance Bob ennemies so they have less health but more speed to match the damage of weapons/turrets of Krastorio. I also use AAI vehicles/Aircraft/Helicopter mods with Krastorio and Bob ennemies.
I had been running Krastorio+Bob's Enemies before IR was released, and I agree they're well balanced together. However, IR lists Bob's Library as an incompatibility, so I don't think it can be run with Bob's Enemies?

If you don't want to change the enemies, just adding Krastorio to IR will give you more mid-to-late-game weapons, most of which are not energy-based.

suprnova74
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by suprnova74 »

For those looking for rubber, they are lighter green on the minimap.
rubber.png
rubber.png (13.32 KiB) Viewed 4930 times

sidelia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sidelia »

Philip017 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm
i know it says incompatible with squeak through, but i mainly use squeak through because trees are such a pain to walk through, i dont suppose there is an alternative mod that will work but fix the tree issues? thanks for the mod.
I use this - it does one thing and does it extremely well.... https://mods.factorio.com/mod/tree_collision

neurodancer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.9.x)

Post by neurodancer »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:26 pm
Version: 0.9.999
Date: 07. 09. 2019
- Generator manager quickbar shortcut and keyboard control name references were still a bit wonky, fixed.
Is there any chance we could get more information on how generators work? I have two of them in my armor, with fuel, but I never see the fuel for any device topped up. They always run out and I have to manually fuel everything. With hundreds of pieces of machinery now, I spend most of my time picking up coal and refueling things.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

neurodancer wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:07 am
Is there any chance we could get more information on how generators work? I have two of them in my armor, with fuel, but I never see the fuel for any device topped up. They always run out and I have to manually fuel everything. With hundreds of pieces of machinery now, I spend most of my time picking up coal and refueling things.
Put generator into armor. Add enough fuel into it that some remains in the input slot. Activate the generator manager, it's a shortcut. It will refuel the generator in the armor if it's fuel drops below ten items. Your generator needs to have above 0 items in its input slot when the manager triggers, and you need to have that fuel item type in your inventory. If the last two conditions are not fulfilled, the generator manager will show a warning. It does this by spawning a flying text above your player. It will use that same flying text to show how many items were used for refueling, when successful.

The generator manager does not fuel things outside your armor equipment grid. It does not fuel structures in the game world.

The generator manager fuels the generator in your armor so that it can provide power to other things in the equipment grid, such as a personal roboport, without you having to manually restock its fuel.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.9.x)

Post by Deadlock989 »

neurodancer wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:07 am
Bilka describes it very precisely above, but just to add:

genequip.png
genequip.png (368.78 KiB) Viewed 4785 times
I added the above description to all generators that enable the manager shortcut, after a player suggested it. It's already pushing the acceptable limits of text length for an item description but I wasn't able to get it any shorter without making things more confusing instead of less.

Generators (in this context) are any personal equipment that provides power to your armour and other equipment in the grid by burning fuel or tapping a power cell of some kind. In IR, that's bronze generators, iron generators, battery discharge equipment, and "Mr Reactor". Solar panels also provide power but they don't need any fuel, just as in vanilla. The generator manager should also work with any other equipment grid generator another mod provides, as long as it has a fuel slot.

The generator manager exists because the vanilla game does not use fuelled generators and so the UIX for them has understandably not received a lot of attention, the feature was added for the benefit of mods. Personally I found it very frustrating to have to click and right click and move the mouse around several times every single time my coal burner suddenly ran out without warning and without visual feedback, so I added the generator manager. (If a dev is reading this: pleeeeease picking up fuel from inventory and "dropping it" onto in-grid generators pleeeeeease.)

The manager will "ping" you for the following:

- If it uses fuel from your inventory, the icon is the fuel used followed by a red negative number
- If it empties out used cells from the generator into your inventory, the icon is the used cell followed by a grey positive number
- If it wants to do either of the above things but can't, because your inventory doesn't have that kind of fuel or there's no space to empty things into, you get a yellow warning
- If a generator is completely empty and it doesn't know what to stock it with, you get a red warning

You can temporarily silence and deactivate the manager by using the quickbar toggle or the bound control (CTRL+G by default).

You can configure what kinds of red and yellow warnings you get when the manager is on, and whether or not the "pings" make a sound, in Settings > Mod settings > Per player.

Outside of your armour, you certainly do not "have to manually fuel everything". Factorio is all about finding ways to not have to manually do anything, ever. In the Revolution, that's a double-plus good attitude to have. Expect a visit from the Ministry of Adjustment.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

richarnd wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:40 am
I had been running Krastorio+Bob's Enemies before IR was released, and I agree they're well balanced together. However, IR lists Bob's Library as an incompatibility, so I don't think it can be run with Bob's Enemies?
Bob's Enemies has no dependencies besides base, so you can run it fine with IR.

One thing that occured to me when I started a new game with IR and RSO + bobenemies and a bunch of QoL mods, there were no enemies on the map.
As soon as I unchecked RSO enemies were there.
I hadn't time to investigate further, as I wanted to play IR urgently :D and my playtime is limited, alas. But I will try it out these days and report back.

@Deadlock
I haven't gotten very far yet, about 2 hours in. I already am in Bronze age and an owner of a pretty sweet monowheel. Also those punkbots aren't too far away.
And while I try to automate all the things between my refill runs, which I greatly enjoy, I had no problems with the before mentioned beams.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

fishycat wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am
One thing that occured to me when I started a new game with IR and RSO + bobenemies and a bunch of QoL mods, there were no enemies on the map.
I hadn't time to investigate further, as I wanted to play IR urgently :D and my playtime is limited, alas. But I will try it out these days and report back.
Most likely means rso expects more of Bob's mods to be active for it to load Bob's stuff.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am
Most likely means rso expects more of Bob's mods to be active for it to load Bob's stuff.
I think I found it. While rso runs just fine with just bobenemies, dependencies are: "dependencies": ["base >= 0.17.33", "? bobenemies", "? bobores", "? 5dim_ores"]
I also had radarplus for rso activated which I just saw now, has no dependencies at all in info.json and maybe therefor it didn't work.

edit: So I just tested again with only IR, RSO and bobenemies activated in a new game and I get no enemies on the map.
Last edited by fishycat on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am

I also had radarplus for rso activated which I just saw now, has no dependencies at all in info.json and maybe therefor it didn't work.
Shouldn't matter. At least it didnt use to. I'll check it

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

Shouldn't matter. At least it didnt use to. I'll check it
See my edit in my last post. The error is not on your side :)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

edit: So I just tested again with only IR, RSO and bobenemies activated in a new game and I get no enemies on the map.
I can make educated guesses about this - I'm pretty sure I know exactly why it is, and why it might be more or less unavoidable - but I'm 100% sure that it's not actually connected to IR in any way. Beyond that it's only something RSO or Bob are best placed to answer.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to β€œMods”