[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by nosports »

Hello, Deadlock it seems that i can't PM you - so now here ....
(if you don't consent with this - tell me i will delete it )

i wanted to say again thanks for the fine mod.

I find it very good that you made the LDS with an Carbon fiber part
But I feel its too short as in the base, so I made carbon fiber recipe change for the panel and therefore the LDS.
I have setup 3 recipes (from coal / heavy-oil / wood)
I find this much better and logical

I also find the forestry very under utilized especially the building.
As I have a recipe for the carbon fiber from wood I want to utilize the forestry more.
Added a recipe with coal-gravel as fertilizer (20% faster)
I am thinking to an additional recipe for wood with adding water(and/or carbon dioxide) for further speeding growth.
This would be a good oppurtinity to add a 3th forestry (steel) with some fluid input/output
Input water or cabongas
Output then for waste water (oxygen?)
This would be a nice progression just in the manner of the smelting
But to date I have not managed to include the fluid boxes

And i have trouble getting sapphires for the quantum-rings....
There i whipping up some sapphire-growth mechanism
(sapphire -> sapphire-seed -> smelting with some powders -> finishing sapphires; maybe powders needs to be cleaned with some dilutic acid)
As for ruby i have enough, and diamond i think also but never used them. But there one can also make some production chains.

I know you stated that you will not expand the mod, and I can relate (I have played Elite:Dangerous before Factory, but ever since not played E:D anymore)
I hope that maybe you find your lust for factorio again and maybe you can include fluidboxes to the iron forestry or for an additional forestry.

Best regards

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

All chip production - green, red, blue, do not allow productivity modules, so in IR mod those chips are not intermediate product, while in original Factorio the are.
wiki ref

Also some other items, like Reinforced Iron Plate, also is not an Intermediate product. Why?

In Factorio it's quite clear, that "end product" can be used by it self - placed on a terrain or inserted in other device (in case of speed/prod module), while all other things, that are used in recipes only are intermediate.

Is it a bug or intentional? If second, any logical explanation?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Because that's the way I wanted it.

Andor14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Andor14 »

Hey, really enjoying the mod so far!

Ran into an issue however, maybe someone here can help:

I use IR together with the AAI Industry mods + a few others and I am unable to start research on the High performance engine. It lists Steel age as its only pre rec., which I have researched. I tried console command to research the tech, but I couldnt figure out the name to use.

What should I do/where can i find the tech names?

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

Andor14 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 am
Hey, really enjoying the mod so far!

Ran into an issue however, maybe someone here can help:

I use IR together with the AAI Industry mods + a few others and I am unable to start research on the High performance engine. It lists Steel age as its only pre rec., which I have researched. I tried console command to research the tech, but I couldnt figure out the name to use.

Unzip the IR mod, go inside that folder to locale/en/main.cfg, scroll down to the [technology-name] section and it has all the internal name -> English mappings. Looks like most of IR's techs have a deadlock- prefix.

Andor14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Andor14 »

Solinya wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 am
Unzip the IR mod, go inside that folder to locale/en/main.cfg, scroll down to the [technology-name] section and it has all the internal name -> English mappings. Looks like most of IR's techs have a deadlock- prefix.
Thanks!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Andor14 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 am

IR+AAI is supposed to work. But if an additional mod has changed things then it's out of my hands.

What is a "high performance engine"? Do you mean the red "electric engine"? I can confirm that it unlocks properly with just AAI+IR. Its prerequisites are Steel Age, Combustion Engine and Batteries & Charging.

Karelzarath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Karelzarath »

I think I found a bug with the Robotowers. If you place one where it connects to others but is unpowered and let the bots charge off of it until it’s fully drained, when you do power it up, it won’t reconnect to the network. The red blinky “no power” icon just keeps flashing even though it’s fully powered. I haven’t built any full-sized Roboports yet, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t do the same thing. I know this doesn’t happen in vanilla, so it’s likely something to do with the “disabled when underpowered” change.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Karelzarath wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:33 pm
I think I found a bug with the Robotowers. If you place one where it connects to others but is unpowered and let the bots charge off of it until it’s fully drained, when you do power it up, it won’t reconnect to the network. The red blinky “no power” icon just keeps flashing even though it’s fully powered. I haven’t built any full-sized Roboports yet, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t do the same thing. I know this doesn’t happen in vanilla, so it’s likely something to do with the “disabled when underpowered” change.
Confirmed. It doesn't happen with roboports (in IR or vanilla). I don't know why it happens. Robotowers are just roboports with all the stats scaled down. They have a buffer of 20MJ (a fifth of vanilla roboports) and an input flow limit of 2.5MW (half). It may be that there is a fault in the vanilla "reconnect a roboport" logic, that it is assuming some kind of property of vanilla roboports, that the robotower never reaches. But roboports also have a smaller buffer in IR than they do in vanilla, so it might not be that. I'm not sure how to fix it except by dicking with numbers and restarting the game twenty times and frankly, sod that for a lark.

Solarwuff
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Solarwuff »

First i want to say you made one hell of a great mod

I would like to add the following mod to the incompatibly list ( Expanded Rocket Payloads )
It will give the following error up on loading

https://imgur.com/a/vjvzv5U

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

First, Damm that is a freaking awesome mod, very well polished and with some sup graphics! Well Done!

If possible, I would request an option (Startup or possible Map settings) that allows Iron in the starter area, or if possible do it automagiclly when it detects a Death World.

Why that? because when playing with additional alien tech like Natural Evolution, Rampant, it's almost impossible to kill any base with just the shoot gun turrets, and most mods that add some "more advanced weapons" are locked behind iron tech which is usually beneath some base outside the starter area.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

You might have better chances if you request a modmod for that here :
viewforum.php?f=33
(Ideally in the most general way possible, not only for iron in DIR... could be also a RSO option ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

ok thanks for the tip, I did the request in the provided link

Tanker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tanker »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Karelzarath wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Confirmed. It doesn't happen with roboports (in IR or vanilla). I don't know why it happens. Robotowers are just roboports with all the stats scaled down. They have a buffer of 20MJ (a fifth of vanilla roboports) and an input flow limit of 2.5MW (half). It may be that there is a fault in the vanilla "reconnect a roboport" logic, that it is assuming some kind of property of vanilla roboports, that the robotower never reaches. But roboports also have a smaller buffer in IR than they do in vanilla, so it might not be that. I'm not sure how to fix it except by dicking with numbers and restarting the game twenty times and frankly, sod that for a lark.
This is due to robotower has grater recharge_minimum than it's actual buffer_capacity. It never charges to minimum value.

buffer_capacity = "20MJ",
recharge_minimum = "40MJ",

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Tanker wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:04 pm
This is due to robotower has grater recharge_minimum than it's actual buffer_capacity. It never charges to minimum value.

buffer_capacity = "20MJ",
recharge_minimum = "40MJ",
Yeah, that'll be it.

Not worth an update on its own.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Sworn wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:31 am
First, Damm that is a freaking awesome mod, very well polished and with some sup graphics! Well Done!

If possible, I would request an option (Startup or possible Map settings) that allows Iron in the starter area, or if possible do it automagiclly when it detects a Death World.

Why that? because when playing with additional alien tech like Natural Evolution, Rampant, it's almost impossible to kill any base with just the shoot gun turrets, and most mods that add some "more advanced weapons" are locked behind iron tech which is usually beneath some base outside the starter area.
You're welcome.

I don't like mods with a bewildering array of starting options. IR's weapons are not balanced for mods which increase enemy difficulty and I have no interest in balancing them for such mods. Having too many ores in the starting area just means there are more unviable maps where the ore patches obliterate each other. If you add other mods which increase enemy difficulty then it's up to you to also adjust your available arsenal or starting options to match.

Another option is to decrease the starting area size in map options. This brings enemies closer but it has the side effect of bringing iron closer as well.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Note to other modders

Post by Deadlock989 »

Note to other modders
When Factorio 0.18 is released, the sprites, icons and sounds in IR will be moved into a separate mod, so that the code can be updated without having to upload/download all 120Mb.

This will break any existing sprite/sound paths if you have referenced them directly.

Andor14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Andor14 »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:26 pm

IR+AAI is supposed to work. But if an additional mod has changed things then it's out of my hands.

What is a "high performance engine"? Do you mean the red "electric engine"? I can confirm that it unlocks properly with just AAI+IR. Its prerequisites are Steel Age, Combustion Engine and Batteries & Charging.
It was a tech added/renamed by AAI I believe, it unlocks the yellow combustion engine. Its probably something on my end with the mod list though but I havent really taken the time to check which combination it was exactly. Anyway I got past it using the console thanks to Solinya's tips, so its okay.

Thanks for such an awesome mod, im impressed with how seamless it extends vanilla gameplay and graphics!

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dae »

Hello here

factorio 0.17.79. (on Lubuntu x64)
IR 1.0.9
+IR langage

i have this error message if ion canon are enable (and all setting enable, just "bonus begin" disable)

if i disable ion canon, game start normaly

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Dae wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:34 pm
i have this error message if ion canon are enable (and all setting enable, just "bonus begin" disable)
This is due to a flaw in the ion cannon mod. It makes a copy of the vanilla gun turret and assumes that the turret has certain properties that no other mod has changed. This assumption is wrong. Can't/won't fix.

Return to “Mods”