[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
LUXIIUS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by LUXIIUS »

I'm currently facing a problem with productivity modules in ore washing plants -- the productivity modifier (+40%) applies to the dirty water as well, so there is a net gain of water in the system.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

LUXIIUS wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:11 pm
I'm currently facing a problem with productivity modules in ore washing plants -- the productivity modifier (+40%) applies to the dirty water as well, so there is a net gain of water in the system.
If you're going off of Helmod or some other third party tool, it's wrong.

Dirty water is marked as a catalyst so it's not affected by productivity.

trashfan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trashfan »

Ah I see (prod mods & pollution). Thanks for the info and quick response!

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

Man I love the experimental graphics, great work as always, especially on the iron/steel-age(?) monowheel.
Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 pm
If you're going off of Helmod or some other third party tool, it's wrong.

Dirty water is marked as a catalyst so it's not affected by productivity.
Just FYI, this problem should be addressed in the newer versions of Factory Planner.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

I've been going through various mod combinations to make sure nothing is interfering with IR. In doing so I've found these mods that seem to be fundamentally incompatible with IR:

Expanded Rocket Payloads (interferes with Automation 2 and 3 as well as as deadlock-iron-age, etc)
Long Inserters (automation, deadlock-inserters-1, and automation again)

I've also found other mods that have issues:
Geothermal (brings up "Key "icon" not found in property tree", so it's likely an issue with Geothermal instead and/or its Alien Biomes interaction)

And then when I add in AAI Industry it throws an error saying "Error in assignID, tile with name 'stone-gravel does not exist" and it wants to disable Industrial Revolution, Alien Biomes, and Industrial Revolution. No idea what's going on with that, but when I disable Alien Biomes and keep AAI Industry it works though then it wants to kill WhistleStop Factories.

Otherwise, everything has worked.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:18 pm
Geothermal (brings up "Key "icon" not found in property tree", so it's likely an issue with Geothermal instead and/or its Alien Biomes interaction)
That one is the same as the one on the previous page with Rampant, typical rookie icon copying error.
And then when I add in AAI Industry it throws an error saying "Error in assignID, tile with name 'stone-gravel does not exist" and it wants to disable Industrial Revolution, Alien Biomes, and Industrial Revolution. No idea what's going on with that, but when I disable Alien Biomes and keep AAI Industry it works
That one is Alien Biome's incredibly aggressive approach to placeable tiles from other mods, i.e. it literally, consciously, deletes tiles from other mods to install its own mahoosive set and still stay within the 255 tiles limit. From my own tests, IR+AB+AAI loads, but add literally any other mod that adds tiles as well and it's probably hit the limit and the point where AB goes a bit psycho on tiles. Not touching that with a radioactive barge pole.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm pretty sure that's a new behaviour - in 0.16.51 if you were to run, say Alien Biomes + Dectorio + Asphalt Roads (+ AngelBob ?) it just crashed due to overflowing the 255 tiles limit.

In 0.17 it seems to smartly (?) disable the marked Asphalt Roads tiles, leaving only the plain Asphalt. Alien Biomes also IIRC has an option to remove vanilla/unused tiles (maybe it's on by default in 0.17 ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

AlexGreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution. Stacking items.

Post by AlexGreen »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:30 pm
It's possible but would require composite entities. These can be broken quite easily by other mods. Non-square entities that aren't usually rotatable are also a pain, again, doable with dummy/proxy items/entities but it's an ugly hack imo. I did have plans to do something like this for an update to Crating Machine but tbh I'm just not feeling it at the moment. See Klonan's Belt Buffer to see how it was done there and some of the issues involved. It uses a composite loader/container/loader. You'd be using a furnace-like entity instead of the container. Timing is important.
Started to work on a stacker. I've took a look at badway's Belt Buffer which is an updated version of Klonan's Buffer. It uses a composite entities indeed but I don't really like the proxy transport belt approach. Initially I also started to implement a composition entity but then I've found that extending a basic simple-entity is a better way to do it. No hidden entities are required. Simply pick items from input belt, do whatever you want, put some items on output belt. This also gives a useful general purpose entity with built-in input, output and some logic in between.

Although I'm still considering the combined entities approach. Just trying to find the best way to do it.

Darkwhistle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkwhistle »

About 40 hours in a run now since version 0.99 (and consistently updating), love the mod, amazing graphics, absolutely my favorite overhaul by far, really amazing job :D

animagus_kitty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by animagus_kitty »

Updated to 1.06 today and it set us back a lot of researches. We had Future Tech (or whatever the research is that unlocks the titanium/gold alloy) researched, as well as everything that didn't require military or space science, but when I logged in after the update it had deleted all of our storage depots because suddenly we didn't have them researched anymore. We had a lot of things researched, but even Bronze Age wasn't researched, and the missing techs didn't seem to follow any sort of logic.

EDIT:: I apologize for the size of the photos, I don't know how to spoiler them or make them smaller
Attachments
Further proof that some techs remained researched
Further proof that some techs remained researched
IR research bug 3.PNG (191.83 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
Robot speed 6 is researching, but Bronze Age is not researched
Robot speed 6 is researching, but Bronze Age is not researched
IR research bug 2.PNG (365.5 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
Dependencies are not researched, but following techs are
Dependencies are not researched, but following techs are
IR research bug 1.PNG (851.75 KiB) Viewed 5284 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

animagus_kitty wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 am
Updated to 1.06 today and it set us back a lot of researches. We had Future Tech (or whatever the research is that unlocks the titanium/gold alloy) researched, as well as everything that didn't require military or space science, but when I logged in after the update it had deleted all of our storage depots because suddenly we didn't have them researched anymore. We had a lot of things researched, but even Bronze Age wasn't researched, and the missing techs didn't seem to follow any sort of logic.

EDIT:: I apologize for the size of the photos, I don't know how to spoiler them or make them smaller
Nothing changed in 1.0.6 that could have caused any of this. Certainly the part about "deleting all the depots" sounds massively suspicious to me - toggling a technology enabled state would not delete entities from the world, so some other mod must be interfering. Without a detailed bug report or being given a way of reproducing this, there is nothing I can do.

animagus_kitty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by animagus_kitty »

Understood.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Hi!

I think I'm ready to truly try this, up to rockets, beacons and all, but the last question is to RSO or not?

It looks like newer versions of RSO give more vanilla like maps (or is it the other way around?), only with far less resources. Even cranking size and richness to 200% gives less resources than vanilla.

I need to figure out the perfect settings for someone who loves to build but hates outsposting. I want my large bases to have 20 or fewer trains. I have no idea what resources are actually needed and in which proportions :).

jamesthe1st
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamesthe1st »

Zyrconia wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi!

I think I'm ready to truly try this, up to rockets, beacons and all, but the last question is to RSO or not?

It looks like newer versions of RSO give more vanilla like maps (or is it the other way around?), only with far less resources. Even cranking size and richness to 200% gives less resources than vanilla.

I need to figure out the perfect settings for someone who loves to build but hates outsposting. I want my large bases to have 20 or fewer trains. I have no idea what resources are actually needed and in which proportions :).
Just use the vanilla railworld setup.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Zyrconia wrote:
Mining productivity research is massively delayed, but on the other hand, the technology chain that eventually leads to ingot doubling begins very early, so you get more metal for your ore beginning with an effective 25% boost from the Bronze Age alone. All miners also have larger coverage than their vanilla counterparts, so unless you're the most strident min-maxer, you'll be placing fewer miners for longer lifetimes. Most playtesters reported needing far fewer miners and furnaces, at least as far as the end of mid-game. I play railworld myself most of the time and also find mining outpost construction very tedious, so IR reflects that to some extent. You can easily get 60 SPM up to chemical science without moving off a single yellow belt per resource.

I'm not discouraging the use of RSO - I personally believe that in 0.15 and 0.16 RSO was basically compulsory - but in 0.17 I don't believe that's necessarily the case any more.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Zyrconia wrote:
This map is 100% default settings and in my opinion worked really well for how many outposts I needed. I launched 1 rocket with the resources you see, and can produce about 60 SPM.
map view of base
As you can see, most of my outpost are oil, so maybe turn that up a bit if you want less trains. The tin and the uranium outpost are both built post rocket. That leaves one of each iron, coal and stone outpost that were needed to launch the rocket. In my opinion, that's just the right amount of trains for my medium sized base.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Suggestion: make Utility Science Pack research depend on Automation 3. This isn't captured by the automatic generation, and I didn't notice that I needed Laser Assemblers for the Optical Controllers.

I would also like to second the idea that Utility Science Pack should consume High Capacity Batteries, to give more of a sink for lead.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Therax wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:24 am
Suggestion: make Utility Science Pack research depend on Automation 3. This isn't captured by the automatic generation, and I didn't notice that I needed Laser Assemblers for the Optical Controllers.

I would also like to second the idea that Utility Science Pack should consume High Capacity Batteries, to give more of a sink for lead.
The first suggestion seems sensible, I'll look into it when I get some enthusiasm/time for modding back.

The second - they were high capacity batteries before, and people complained about that, so they changed to regular batteries.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I have a suggestion: make the discharge defense require a field effector.

Tartignolle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tartignolle »

Hi, I've been playing a new map with Industrial revolution + Krastorio and I just wanted to say that IR is awesome :)
Ty

Return to “Mods”