[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Battery charger

Post by nosports »

Hello deadlock or all which experience for this fine mod and battery charging

on the picture is my proposed battery charger at an outpost......
2019-10-23 12_55_02-Factorio 0.17.jpg
2019-10-23 12_55_02-Factorio 0.17.jpg (98.65 KiB) Viewed 5514 times

high capacity batterys are deliverd outmatical because top station is only related to total batterys in the system.

it loads the battery also - so no problem here....

but i want to restrict the loading to daytime only (assuming the loading is fast enough)
I use an accumlator as sensor to switch on power for the carger (only charge when accumulator A > 10) means that the accumulator is loaded which is when daytime through solar. but even in the nighttime its loaded even wihle only the left pole touch the carger, which haves no connection to the general network

anyone could try this or guide me where i am missing something ?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 »

nosports wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am
I noticed a grafical bug with the advanced furnaces - there are some glitches)
2019-10-23 08_57_46-Factorio 0.17.jpg
This happens when you have "Texture compression: Low quality" set in graphics settings. I don't know why it happens, there is nothing different or unusual about the advanced furnace working animation except the size of the sprite, otherwise it's the same method as every other furnace glow. Have attempted to fix it and failed. Workaround: use high quality or no texture compression if your GPU can handle it.

Edited to add: devs have confirmed that this is a bug with low quality texture compression, they are working on it.
It seems that i found a bug in research-defintion (not that i mind, helps with the pest contol 8-) )
2019-10-23 09_07_58-Factorio 0.17.jpg
Not a bug. Utility science was added to level 6+ weapons bonus research in version 1.0.4.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teris »

I have a crash on game start with Factorio 17.72, Industrial Revolution 1.0.6 and Rampant 0.17.28. The screenshot says the problem is with Rampant, but disabling Industrial Revolution fixes the problem as well, so I'm not sure which mod is causing the problem and if I should report it here or on the Rampant thread. I think the problem may be with IR, but please let me know.

Screenshot of error code: https://imgur.com/a/VvarWG3

Teris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teris »

I just saw a thread about this and how to resolve it. Sorry about that.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Teris wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 am
I have a crash on game start with Factorio 17.72, Industrial Revolution 1.0.6 and Rampant 0.17.28. The screenshot says the problem is with Rampant, but disabling Industrial Revolution fixes the problem as well, so I'm not sure which mod is causing the problem and if I should report it here or on the Rampant thread. I think the problem may be with IR, but please let me know.

Screenshot of error code: https://imgur.com/a/VvarWG3
This has been reported before. The bug is in Rampant. It is copying some vanilla item or icon prototype that IR has modified to use a high res 64x64 icon, and set a new sprite for the icon, but does not set the correct icon size (32x32) for the sprite that it sets. I am told you can work around it by loading Rampant without IR and disabling the specific biter faction that produces the "crystal drain thief" or whatever it is.

FWIW, every mod on the portal that makes this kind of mistake is going to break when the vanilla icon set eventually goes to all 64x64 pixels. If you set a new icon for an item, always set the icon size to match your sprite, because you don't know what other mods might have set a different icon size.

LUXIIUS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LUXIIUS »

With the rarety of diamonds, it'd be cool to have a way to produce synthetic diamonds - maybe with coal and explosives?

Thar0l
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thar0l »

LUXIIUS wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:22 am
With the rarety of diamonds, it'd be cool to have a way to produce synthetic diamonds - maybe with coal and explosives?
I agree with LUXIIUS it can bee a good addition. Diamonds are needed for improved minig machines in count of 36. It can be done like uranium processing where you need to create first items with long way (raw ore processing) and then can move on a massive production (Kovarex). Maybe synthetic diamonds production process should consume diamonds (like Kovarex) or machines for it should be crafted with diamons...

P.S. And thank for your mod one more time :)

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

LUXIIUS wrote:
I also support this point....
I had the same thought and i sincercly hope deadlock finds the fun again to extend this fine mod .......

I only thought of having more of a squeezing-machine somewhere down the crom age which much power need (and maybe a good deal of heat).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:12 pm
BlueTemplar wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Hmm, I guess each mod author could add a function that ...
Yeah, good luck with that ...

Steel Age pre-logistic-bot sushi mall. Slow as you like but gets the job done.

steel-sushi.png
At the top the belt will be filled with iron plates. And then assemblers start consuming it. I fear the later assemblers won't get enough iron plates. Wouldn't it be better to mix up the recipes so that a producer of iron plates is followed by a consumer directly? Should make the belt more responsive as iron plates stay on the belt for a shorter time.

Same for every other intermediate. Sort the assemblers so producers are near consumers.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

LUXIIUS wrote:
Reminds me of ye olde GT5 implosion compressor.

This would be worth it if there were any other uses for diamonds. I ran out of time / inspiration.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

LUXIIUS wrote:
Condensing from carbon plasma is the RL method I think.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Some experimental stuff:

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

cool man :-)

i find the mono wheel very intriguing, it adds just the right amount of insanity to this mod :P

is this an early age flame thrower ?

Thar0l
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thar0l »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:33 am
Some experimental stuff:

Monowheel is cool. I thought about it. Why this cool vehicle exist only in bronze age but there is no modern versions in next ages. Steel one looks great. Will it use burner fuel or batteries?
And what are this steel towers? Roboports?
I am glad that you continuing developing this mod.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

Thar0l wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 am
Monowheel is cool. I thought about it. Why this cool vehicle exist only in bronze age but there is no modern versions in next ages. Steel one looks great.
I think it fits the bronze age very well ....
I am thinking always about this : https://www.wired.com/2014/04/monowheels/

But i would whish for a crome age monowheel as fast around factory zipper, which may be the fastest vehicle in this mod.
Last edited by nosports on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

deleted - how happend this double post :oops: :P
Last edited by nosports on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

A water-spray turret combined with a well ? Cool !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

trashfan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trashfan »

hello Deadlock,

Thank you for making such a fantastic mod.

I have a small bug to report: all prod modules (1-3) increase pollution by 10x the tooltip amount (i.e. 50% instead of 5%, 70% instead of 7%, 100% instead of 10%).

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

trashfan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:10 pm
hello Deadlock,

I have a small bug to report: all prod modules (1-3) increase pollution by 10x the tooltip amount (i.e. 50% instead of 5%, 70% instead of 7%, 100% instead of 10%).
That is part of the base game. Energy use is directly tied to pollution. Prod modules don't just increase pollution, they also increase energy use. (efficiency modules will reduce pollution as well as energy use)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Cribbit wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 pm
trashfan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:10 pm
hello Deadlock,

That is part of the base game. Energy use is directly tied to pollution. Prod modules don't just increase pollution, they also increase energy use. (efficiency modules will reduce pollution as well as energy use)
Cribbit is correct. The statistics of productivity modules have not been changed by IR. Mods have almost no control over the information displayed in module tooltips. I expect/hope this is going to get a refresh when the tooltip update drops (see recent FFF).

Return to “Mods”