[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Post by Deadlock989 »

A minor heads-up - you might want to feed any stockpiles of bronze pistons and heavy gold cables into a scrapping machine before 1.0.0 is released. They are both being removed from the mod.

Heavy gold cables are being replaced with a new component (junction boxes, resurrected from an early version of IR) but they have no gold in them so they will not be migrated. Bronze pistons were only used in two recipes and have been replaced with other bronze components.

fusionfan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fusionfan »

Hey! Just wanted to say that this mod is absolutely awesome, and you Sir are a steely-eyed missile man. Which is great, because I am having tons of fun. And bad because again I can't get factorio out of my head (tetris effect). I have set out to build a 1k SPM base with IR -> eventually. See how long it takes and how large it will get in the end, should take me a few months. I was just about to scale up a bit farther away from my bootstrap base, but then I will probably postpone some parts of the factory if you say you'll get to 1.0 in polynomial time.

Keep up the good work! And many thanks.

jamesthe1st
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamesthe1st »

Hi Deadlock, not sure if this was intentional or not, but a noticed a minor inconsistency with the turret damage technologies. 4 uses red green and blue science, while 5 and 6 use only red and green.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Not sure how much other's struggle with this issue but maybe for 1.0.0 you could have a look at chrome production? I'm playing with Krastorio but currently the only way I can seem to get chrome is by washing crushed iron ore and hoping for that 2% chance of getting one. Then again the refined platinum from gold ore washing seems only to be used in advanced refining....

Hopefully above might already be fixed, as you said there's some proccess coming which allows more circuit control over the outputs?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

fusionfan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:11 pm
... but then I will probably postpone some parts of the factory if you say you'll get to 1.0 in polynomial time.
My main issue at the moment is staying on the real timeline and not straying off into the imaginary time axis and ending up with complex time.

But yes, it will be either a matter of days, or a number of weeks countable on the toes of one foot.
jamesthe1st wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:17 pm
Hi Deadlock, not sure if this was intentional or not, but a noticed a minor inconsistency with the turret damage technologies. 4 uses red green and blue science, while 5 and 6 use only red and green.
This is part of a more general bug that I introduced in the last patch or two when trying to tweak the tech tree builder to be more compatible with a bunch of other mods that I couldn't care less about if I'm brutally honest, but that's me all over, generous and empathetic to a fault. The chaining of non-recipe-unlocking IR technologies in general is currently a bit screwed up, with Generic Upgrade Technology 2 not chained to 1, 3 not chained to 2 etc. It has been fixed for the next version.
BHakluyt wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 pm
Not sure how much other's struggle with this issue but maybe for 1.0.0 you could have a look at chrome production? I'm playing with Krastorio but currently the only way I can seem to get chrome is by washing crushed iron ore and hoping for that 2% chance of getting one. Then again the refined platinum from gold ore washing seems only to be used in advanced refining....

Hopefully above might already be fixed, as you said there's some proccess coming which allows more circuit control over the outputs?
It's 10% for chrome in IR without Krastorio, but yes, this is indirectly addressed in 1.0.0 by the new ore refining technology, very loosely based on "leaching".

PTTG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PTTG »

Has anyone found any conflicts between IR and Rampant?

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

PTTG wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:03 am
Has anyone found any conflicts between IR and Rampant?
I've played with IR + Rampant twice now. Always island world's so they're far out and didn't attack until about the 28 hr mark. Otherwise it all seems good....

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Irsmert »

Ok after getting a fair amount into IR I have a few comments, overall I'm still really liking it.

1) Why can't I put excess wood into the incinerator? Pre-explosives, post greenhouse set-up I find not much use for the lumber I harvest as part of base expansion, I would like to just burn it up in the incinerator rather than bothering to use it for fuel. Something I have not looked into is if IR is compatible with a charcoal mod. Seems like I always have more than enough lumber with only a few greenhouses, with rubber use ramping up I would like to possibly see a bit more regular wood usage options early-mid game or at least the ability to just burn the stuff.

2) Steel gear wheels allow the productivity module, which is unusual for intermediate products, I'm assuming it's an oversight?

3) Will there be future power generation improvements? I'm a big fan of how PY mods makes power generation a really interesting part of the game; here like most mods it's a fairly small and boring part of the game. It would be cool if power generation fit better into the tiers generally introduced with better and better options becoming available, with the first ones being fairly inefficient and pollution heavy. As is it's pretty vanilla burner-steam-nuclear. I understand this is potentially a far-off expand the mod request, however even something relatively simple like Bob's Mk system for steam generators I would like to see added at some point if possible/reasonable.

Thanks!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Irsmert wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 pm
1) Why can't I put excess wood into the incinerator?
Because items that have a fuel value cannot also have an incineration recipe, because of burner inserters being dumb. If you could incinerate fuels, then burner inserters would first fuel themselves and then feed your entire wood stockpile (or your entire coal mine output) into the incinerator. Since there are burner inserters, burner incinerators and also burner foresters, it has to be this way. This is also the reason that saplings don't have a fuel value.

If you want to get rid of excess wood, use it as fuel in a boiler and at least get some power out of it.
Irsmert wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 pm
2) Steel gear wheels allow the productivity module, which is unusual for intermediate products, I'm assuming it's an oversight?
You must have some other mod installed that is enabling that. No gear wheel recipe is productivity-enabled in the current version of IR.
3) Will there be future power generation improvements? I'm a big fan of how PY mods makes power generation a really interesting part of the game; here like most mods it's a fairly small and boring part of the game. It would be cool if power generation fit better into the tiers generally introduced with better and better options becoming available, with the first ones being fairly inefficient and pollution heavy. As is it's pretty vanilla burner-steam-nuclear. I understand this is potentially a far-off expand the mod request, however even something relatively simple like Bob's Mk system for steam generators I would like to see added at some point if possible/reasonable.
I don't have any current plans for that, no. I massively dislike the Bob approach of having to replace machines with identical versions with different numbers slapped on them. I would rather see module support in the game engine for power generators, but the whole module system would need an overhaul first.

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Recipes from mod not appears in existing save

Post by Reygan »

Mod's new recipes for steel and electric furnaces is not applies to existing furnaces. They staying act like old furnaces, with no way to change current recipe.
Could you advice any console commands to re-enable new recipes functionality for old furnaces?
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Recipes from mod not appears in existing save

Post by Deadlock989 »

Reygan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Mod's new recipes for steel and electric furnaces is not applies to existing furnaces. They staying act like old furnaces, with no way to change current recipe.
Could you advice any console commands to re-enable new recipes functionality for old furnaces?
You shouldn't be able to access vanilla furnaces. The only way this can happen is if you load the mod into an existing vanilla save game. IR requires a new game start. To quote the mod portal page and advice in the changelog:
A new game is required. Loading this mod with a pre-existing vanilla or modded save will likely wreck it.
There is no way of making vanilla furnaces support IR furnace recipes - if there were, I would have used vanilla furnaces. ;)

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

Hi
I'm playing on version 0.99.7 and the research line for turret damage is odd. Namely rather than following a single progressing line each of the modifiers links directly to the technology Turrets 2. Screenshot below.
research turrets.png
research turrets.png (848.01 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
After a quick check the same thing happens for Photonic damage, Cannon fire rate and Rocket fire rate.
It does not appear for with the following technologies: Beam damage, stronger explosives, Projectile fire, Projectile damage.

If you aren't able to reproduce it might be the effect of another mod I'm using:
Autodeconstruct 0.1.12
FNEI 0.2.7
Todo List 17.3.0
Power-grid-comb 0.17.3
My factorio version is 0.17.69.

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

There was a comment earlier that he accidentally broke technologies that don’t unlock recipes in .99.6 or .7 and should have it fixed for the next version. Based on those tech names I assume that’s what happened here. Presumably the worker robot battery capacity techs (which have a similar display and inconsistent science pack requirements) would also be fixed by that fix.

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Irsmert »

Ok after some basic testing it turns out simply disabling Krastorio disables the ability to place productivity modules in steel gear wheel assembly machines. That said easy enough to leave it on and just not use said modules. Might be something else I have interacting with Krastorio, I have a few others, mostly QOL, didn't test just IR and Krastorio.

Didn't even think of burning the excess wood for power somehow, easy fix.

As far as future power plant models I don't really understand how implementing them would be any different than what you've already done with furnaces and assembly machines, not just a replica with new ingredients i.e. Bob's but more of a new level of tech thing that's new and cool and better fleshes out the base game a little. That said I get it's a lot of work and if it's not in your vision of the game whatever, I can live without it, it was just my attempt to find what else might be worth expansion as everything presented is done with a lot of quality, no big deal.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Untitled WIP

Post by Blu3wolf »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am
Experimenting with scattergun (i.e. shotgun) turrets and changing all bullets to be physical projectiles:

Im not sure if anyone else has seen it, but Ive had an interesting edge case with the new turrets relating to diagonals. In particular, turrets shooting at stationary enemies (generally spitters), but the ammo not *quite* reaching the enemy. Seems not to happen on cardinal headings. But sometimes on subcardinal headings, the turret will be sitting there, using up my precious Steel Magazines, and achieving nothing.

Has anyone else seen this in just IR? Im hoping its not another IR + Krastorio issue. Seeming more and more like the hassles Ive had have stemmed from Krastorio not supporting IR that well yet.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Riktol wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:31 pm
I'm playing on version 0.99.7 and the research line for turret damage is odd. Namely rather than following a single progressing line each of the modifiers links directly to the technology Turrets 2.
Known issue with some of IR's non-recipe-unlocking researches, fixed for next version.
Irsmert wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 am
That said I get it's a lot of work
This. I just don't have time to develop the mod any further, and I'm not inspired by power generation options anyway. I wasted a whole week on trying to get fluid power generation going (abandoned because of the issues with balancing oil-based fluid fuels which are pointless anyway when solid fuel is a thing, and a long run of uninspired graphics for the "diesel generator").

After 1.0.0 goes out (hopefully this week) it'll be maintenance mode until at least Christmas, maybe permanently.
Blu3wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:37 am
Im not sure if anyone else has seen it, but Ive had an interesting edge case with the new turrets relating to diagonals. In particular, turrets shooting at stationary enemies (generally spitters), but the ammo not *quite* reaching the enemy. Seems not to happen on cardinal headings. But sometimes on subcardinal headings, the turret will be sitting there, using up my precious Steel Magazines, and achieving nothing.

Has anyone else seen this in just IR? Im hoping its not another IR + Krastorio issue. Seeming more and more like the hassles Ive had have stemmed from Krastorio not supporting IR that well yet.
No, never have. If you could come up with steps to reproduce, or a saved game that showcases the issue, I can take a look.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

A save game, I can do - as well as pics. Steps to reproduce so far have been place turrets and wait. Bugs will attack on diagonals and bullets miss.
This little guy has just been sitting right there for a while now. Quite irksome.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Blu3wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:18 pm
A save game, I can do - as well as pics. Steps to reproduce so far have been place turrets and wait. Bugs will attack on diagonals and bullets miss.

This little guy has just been sitting right there for a while now. Quite irksome.
Pending a save game, I loaded up Krastorio and checked. K sets gun turrets to have a range of 22 but leaves all the IR magazines on range 18. Sorry, not my fix.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Untitled WIP

Post by Redstylt »

Blu3wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:37 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am

I got same with IR + Aircraft. Really annoying with aircraft lots of bullets going for nothing :'( Really easy to reproduce the situation.
Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am
After 1.0.0 goes out (hopefully this week) it'll be maintenance mode until at least Christmas, maybe permanently.
No ! Where is the late game you promised us :?: :|
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Return to “Mods”