[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.32

Post by binbinhfr »

Supercheese wrote:Is it possible to overlay icons dynamically? You could overlay the fluid icon atop the rail-tanker icon, to give an easy visual distinction between the two.
Yes I think that the mod Omnibarrel is doing this ! Overlay a barrel for any fluid icon.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Why not just ignore all fluids with "-in-tanker" in the name?

I see here more a problem in Black Market and less in Rail Tanker.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Well Choumiko will do what he wants. I understood that these fluid-items cannot be hidden, but I just thought it was strange to have the same icon for 2 different things in the game. It's not me that rise the problem but players using RailTanker. They could also want to buy these special fluid-items ; they just want to make the difference between both type.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

But as far as I know, the items are supposed to be used only inside tankers. They are meaningless when used outside. So I would prefer having a black list of items in the black market mod.
Choumiko can provide an interface for getting the items in tankers, then you get the items and remove them from market.
It is unfortunate that we don't have a flag for hiding items from the logistic slots but not in circuit signal.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Nevermind, I don't need an interface, because I don't like to insert exception with specific mods in my code. I prefer to make something generic. Anyway I found a turnaround. But users will still be abused by this shared identic icon in circuit.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

binbinhfr wrote:They could also want to buy these special fluid-items ; they just want to make the difference between both type.
Don't know why they would want to buy them, they are essentially useless :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Nexela wrote:
binbinhfr wrote:They could also want to buy these special fluid-items ; they just want to make the difference between both type.
Don't know why they would want to buy them, they are essentially useless :)
They don't want : they confuse both objects. People essentialy look at icons to recognize and object. When trying to look at the price of crude-oil, they first found this crude-oil-item with the same icon, and told me that the price was wrong... (which is normal, because it was not the original crude-oil object).

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Every programmer wants their code to be generic that it can solve every problem without ad hoc, but I don't see there is anything wrong to add special compatibility to a mod that has over 14k downloads on Mod Portal.
And if you still want to sell these tanker items, you may need to consider about game balance as well. I think players can purchase the items and then put them inside a tanker to get fluid from pumps. This way, they can get the same product with different price.

Anyway, that is your mod, so I won't say too much. :mrgreen:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.33

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Railtanker 1.3.33
  • changed icons to overlay the railtanker icon
  • dynamic locale creation for the fake items
Mooncat wrote:And if you still want to sell these tanker items, you may need to consider about game balance as well. I think players can purchase the items and then put them inside a tanker to get fluid from pumps. This way, they can get the same product with different price.
Nope, bying those fake items doesn't help, since Railtanker only updates in one direction: "real" tanker -> fake item. So you can't put fake items in an empty tanker and next update the tanker is suddenly filled with the actual liquid :D

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

thx for the change Choumiko.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

R3CONN3R made an awesome texture replacement for the rail tanker. I have taken his wonderful changes and put them into a mod for ease of installation and use. Just drop the attached file into your mod directory and you are good to go. I also sent R3CONN3R a message about putting this on the mod portal for even easier installation. Please note this is just a texture change and requires the Rail Tanker mod to be installed also.

[edit] Removed file, it is now available on the mod portal
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/R3CONN3R ... AltTexture
Last edited by Nexela on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

And how does it look?

View unread Posts

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Ah that yes i remember.
Sorry not my taste.

View unread Posts

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I like it. But I like also the old one. Maybe Choumiko could use the new one as a design for a bigger railtanker ? So we will have both designs available. ;)

Yemto
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yemto »

Note: Inserters can remove the used fake items from the railtanker, so be sure to not have inserters at a station where a railtanker might stop! Currently there is no way around it
So that's why it's happening, then sadly this kills the mod for me, since I have relied on the fact that inserters won't interact with the tankers.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yemto wrote:
Note: Inserters can remove the used fake items from the railtanker, so be sure to not have inserters at a station where a railtanker might stop! Currently there is no way around it
So that's why it's happening, then sadly this kills the mod for me, since I have relied on the fact that inserters won't interact with the tankers.
You could use filter inserter to only remove the wanted items.

View unread Posts

Yemto
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yemto »

steinio wrote:
Yemto wrote:
I don't think there is enough slots in the filter for that, I have a few stations which is meant to empty everything in a train. Unless factorio get a inserter which move every items except the ones on the list, and in that case, there is not much point to not use the vanilla barrels instead.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Yemto wrote:
steinio wrote:
Yemto wrote:
I don't think there is enough slots in the filter for that, I have a few stations which is meant to empty everything in a train. Unless factorio get a inserter which move every items except the ones on the list, and in that case, there is not much point to not use the vanilla barrels instead.
With a constant combinator set to fake item -20k or so and my inventory sensor you can easily set up inverted filters where they will unload all except those fake items.

neetzow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neetzow »

Is an updated version, compatible with 1.14, coming out any time soon?
I simply hate the barrels for no reason at all... love the tanker... bugs and all...

hope you keep updating it (actually, would love seeing it becoming vanilla, but, I know it won`t happen...)

Return to “Mods”