[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.1

Post by Phantum »

I have my pumps set up like this, and it'll only seem to work if I manually remove and replace a pump along there, does 8L train mod, or FARL interfere with yours?

its really weird, I can get it to load/unload with pipes or pumps when I place them manually, but the moment the train leaves, and then returns, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of weird update mechanic.

Edit:
edit2:
this is what it does whenever I place something next to the pipes or pumps. once this happens they unload no problem, but only then.
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I haven't had a problem with rail tankers filling up. Maybe it's a mod conflict, or maybe it's due to you having so many pumps next to each other. If you want to make sure the pumps are at the right spot, just tell the train to go to the station, then line up the pump with the middle band on the tanker.

I have found that these rail tankers can fill up in about 1m30s, so one tanker can deliver 2500 water with a round trip time of about 4 minutes. A steam engine uses 6 water per second at full power, or 1440 per 4 minutes. It takes 6 tanker cars and 6 storage tanks to maintain 10 steam engines running at full capacity.

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Metalface7 »

I've noticed that you can only view the contents of one of the tankers (in the entity info window) if it is moving. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Metalface7 wrote:I've noticed that you can only view the contents of one of the tankers (in the entity info window) if it is moving. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?
When it is stopped, the fluid transfers to the square-shaped entity underneath the rectangular entity on top. If you move the cursor to the right position over the car, you can see it.

patka076
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by patka076 »

So I've had this issue with ghost tanker hit boxes causing pumps at stations not to work properly. While you can disable and enable the mod to fix this, it causes a lot of work to set things up again. To just remove the ghost hit boxes you can use the following console command (standing close to them).

Code: Select all

/c for _,entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{game.local_player.position.x-32, game.local_player.position.y-32},{game.local_player.position.x+32, game.local_player.position.y+32}}, name="rail-tanker-proxy"}) do entity.destroy() end

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.2

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Railtanker 1.3.2 for Factorio 0.13
  • updated for 0.13
  • added swedish translation

Tanker graphics are not adjusted (yet), so it looks kind of crappy, but should work like before. Due to the wagon length not being adjusted you'll have to experiment with pump placement a bit more.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

The Train changed state event now fires when a train goes from stationary to moving or from moving to stationary while under manual control.
I came across this in the 0.13 changelog and thought it might be useful for improving performance for the manual-train-control checks in this mod. :)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Supercheese wrote:
The Train changed state event now fires when a train goes from stationary to moving or from moving to stationary while under manual control.
I came across this in the 0.13 changelog and thought it might be useful for improving performance for the manual-train-control checks in this mod. :)
Yep, right now i'm still in the "make each mod load and work" phase. (Ab)using the new API will follow :D

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

When this mod gets updated to the new standard lengths, can you make the fluid containers snap to a 2x6 accessible area (or 3 connected 2x2 containers)?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

With 0.13 it would be great to have the cargo inventory also when standing in a station to use the until full/empty commands.

ASD_9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ASD_9 »

patka076 wrote:So I've had this issue with ghost tanker hit boxes causing pumps at stations not to work properly. While you can disable and enable the mod to fix this, it causes a lot of work to set things up again. To just remove the ghost hit boxes you can use the following console command (standing close to them).

/c for _,entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{game.local_player.position.x-32, game.local_player.position.y-32},{game.local_player.position.x+32, game.local_player.position.y+32}}, name="rail-tanker-proxy"}) do entity.destroy() end
Does not work

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Found this in a storage chest http://i.imgur.com/pe9cPlv.png

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.31

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Railtanker 1.3.31 for Factorio 0.13+
  • now works with vanilla train conditions (full/empty/item count/inactivity)
  • Note: Inserters can remove the used fake items from the railtanker, so be sure to not have inserters at a station where a railtanker might stop! Currently there is no way around it
ASD_9 wrote:
patka076 wrote:

Does not work
Try the same command but replace "rail-tanker-proxy" with "rail-tanker-proxy-noconnect". And if you are on 0.13+ replace game.local_player with game.player
Instructor wrote:Found this in a storage chest http://i.imgur.com/pe9cPlv.png
Looks like you had an inserter at a trainstop and somehow the item didn't get removed when the railtanker stopped. Even with versions below 1.3.31 it's best to have railtanker stops have no inserters.
With 1.3.31 it's a must, since i need to keep the fake items in the inventory to make train conditions work.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

1st BUG - Crash to desktop

In this setup the train is at the station in automatic mode..
Not that anyone in their right mind would attempt to do this but............ Don't try to attach a circuit wire to your rail tankers!

2n BUG (minor as everything still works right) - Fluid item object from other mods fluid show up with unknown-key in Railtanker.
Attachments
1... 2... BOOM
1... 2... BOOM
output_nsGoiK.gif (96.93 KiB) Viewed 6440 times

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Hi Choumiko, great mod here :D

As a player, may I request that the items of fluids in tank to have the hidden flag so they are not shown in the logistic request slot and filter slot?

As a modder, I think I can help to solve the unknown-key problem as mentioned above. When creating things based on other mods, don't try to localize them yourself because it is a task without an end. Instead, add the localised_name property when creating the thing and use it to refer to the localization key of the source.
For example, in your case, you are creating items based on fluids, and in Factorio, the keys of fluids are stored in the format of "fluid-name." + fluid name. (I checked it from the language files, and I think this can apply to all mods.) So, the value of localised_name should be {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}

For your reference, in our Creative Mode, the part for creating free fluid recipes looks like this:

data:extend(
{
	{
		type = "recipe",
		name = creative_mode_defines.names.free_fluid_recipe_prefix .. fluid.name,
		localised_name = {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name},
		icon = fluid.icon,
		category = creative_mode_defines.names.recipe_categories.free_fluids,
		ingredients = {},
		results =
		{
			{type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, amount = 50}
		},
		main_product = "",
		subgroup = creative_mode_defines.names.item_subgroups.free_fluids,
		enabled = false
	}
})
So now I don't need to care about the localized name of any fluid. Unfortunately, if you want to add additional string in the localized name, AFAIK, the additional string cannot be localized even if the original localized string has placeholder.
Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

Edit: it turns out the additional string can also be localized. In my unreleased (but will be released soon) version, I added a key

[recipe-name]
creative-mode_free-fluid=__1__ x __2__
and changed localised_name to

localised_name = {"recipe-name.creative-mode_free-fluid", 50, {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}}
The result is "50 x Hydrotin Gas" (The gas is from Yuoki Industries)

Edit: ooooooh, bad news. Due to the change of 0.13.5 about the on_load function. Your mod causes an error when loading a save that doesn't not have RailTanker before.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Railtanker 1.3.32 (Changelog in the link)
Mooncat wrote:As a player, may I request that the items of fluids in tank to have the hidden flag so they are not shown in the logistic request slot and filter slot?
Left the flag out so i could look at the localisations for every fluid more easily and forgot putting it back in, and now i realise i forgot it again.. :mrgreen:
Mooncat wrote:As a modder, I think I can help to solve the unknown-key problem as mentioned above. When creating things based on other mods, don't try to localize them yourself because it is a task without an end. Instead, add the localised_name property when creating the thing and use it to refer to the localization key of the source.
For example, in your case, you are creating items based on fluids, and in Factorio, the keys of fluids are stored in the format of "fluid-name." + fluid name. (I checked it from the language files, and I think this can apply to all mods.) So, the value of localised_name should be {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}

snip
For some reason this doesn't work, it's always complaining about unknown key: item.name.water-in-tanker, even if i add localised_name = {fluid-name." .. fluid.name}. Looks like the localised_name is ignored. Gonna try doing it in data.lua instead of in data-final-fixes.lua

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Choumiko wrote:For some reason this doesn't work, it's always complaining about unknown key: item.name.water-in-tanker, even if i add localised_name = {fluid-name." .. fluid.name}. Looks like the localised_name is ignored. Gonna try doing it in data.lua instead of in data-final-fixes.lua
hm.... it looks like localised_name is not supported for item prototypes. :? I guess we will need to request that. I have feeling that they will add it soon for consistency. :mrgreen:

floodo1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by floodo1 »

exciting times for Rail Tanker. Really enjoying the fact that the vanilla train UI rules for item quantity work with tankers in v0.13.x! I also had dedicated train stops for my tankers so it is not a problem to avoid inserters that could take the special items out of the tanker 8-)

I enjoy this game so much more when I can build an oil outpost dedicated to Petroleum Gas production and ship that via tanker to wherever I need it!

can't say thanks enough!

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

[0.13.5][1.3.31] Fails to load a game saved with tankers. The error message says:
Error while running mod-RailTanker::on_load().
Detected modifications to the 'global' table:
The patch notes for 0.13.5 say this:
Attempting to mutate the 'global' table of a mod in the 'on_load' event handler will result in an error. The 'on_load' event handler is *only* meant for re-registering conditional event handlers and setting up meta-tables. Use 'on_configuration_changed', 'on_init', and migration scripts in all other instances.

Return to “Mods”