Topics and discussion about specific mods
Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.2.0

Post by Speadge »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to Railtanker 1.2.2
  • upgrading removes invalid tanks
  • fixed error in remote interface (wrong readouts in FatController and SmartTrains)
Serenity wrote:Is there any way to see how much oil is in the tanker? I think it's working because I get the oil drop when it stops, but I'm not sure how much oil is loaded. At the moment I have the time set to 30 seconds. Should probably be longer
Mouse roughly in the same position as in the picture:
Picture

Hey Chou,

just checked 1.2.2 and the readouts are fine now. even with external sensors other than FAT and SmartTrains
Thanks!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.2.2

Post by steinio »

Wow thanks for your quick response.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Hey im having trouble with your mod. It worked fine until i used map editor to build long railway. Now whenever i load the scenario i get this error:

I tried removing the only tanks and pumps i know from rails but it still happens.

Mods i have:
- Biter-Friendly Rails_0.1.0
- Crafted Artifacts_1.2.3
- endless-resources_0.3.0
- Landfill_2.1.7
- RailTanker_1.2.2
- rso-mod_1.5.3

It worked fine until i moved the train (Testing tracks from 1 station to another).

Here is scenario i try to load:

Code: Select all

http://www.speedyshare.com/wNrd6/ManualSave.zip
Here is scan for scenario:

https://virustotal.com/en/file/04b48b7fece9d8746e184aa470fd8e7d50f5285a4b674e4038d78f0b3dc36de4/analysis/1461105597/

Cortical
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cortical »

First of all, thank you for making this mod :)

I have encountered a bug in my play through when first setting up my rail network.

/Edit: nvm, using debug mode, I found that the unloading station was blocked by ghost tanks that I just hadn't noticed. Removing them solved the issue. However it still remains that the ghost tanks continue to be an issue in 1.2.2

A tanker will load just fine, but then when it gets to the unloading station, nothing happens.
The pump will just sit there, doing nothing.
However, when you remove and replace the unloading pump, it will unload the tanker just fine.
The same happens when you rotate the pump 360°, or if you reload the game.

Now if you move the train a away from the pump, and back to the pump, it will again just ignore the tanker until you rotate it, replace it, or reload the game.

However, if you advance by about one tile, the unloading pump will successfully engage the secondary port, and unload just fine.

This happens when the train is on automatic schedule as well as when you drive it manually.

Since this happened on my regular playthrough with tons of mods, I decided to test it out in a sandbox environment with only the RailTanker mod enabled, and the same thing happened.

Additionally, in both instances, the very first time a tanker was being filled it created a ghost tank that just hung in mid air above the rail (the bug that was reported earlier in the thread).
On my regular playthrough they disappeared when upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, but in the sandbox that I started in 1.2.2 I had to manually remove it.
They don't seem to appear once a tanker has been filled for the first time however. So out of my sample size of 2 it would seem that that particular bug will only ever happen once per world.

Here is a sandbox save, where I've set up a train going in a circle loading and unloading oil:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/172 ... kerBug.zip

I would make it a url, but since it's my first post on this forum, it won't let me -.-

/Edit: And it makes it a clickable link automatically, so why all the inconvenience...

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here a proposal for a german translation:
https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/pull/1

PS: Thanks for this awesome mod.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i guess this is a bug, but it's just my humble opinion :)
Driving backward with loco, 1st wagon parked
Driving backward with loco, 1st wagon parked
Rail Tanker.PNG (409.78 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Coupling distance with placing by hand
Coupling distance with placing by hand
Rail Tanker 2.PNG (271.58 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Coupling distance, if loco and 2nd wagon have proper distance
Coupling distance, if loco and 2nd wagon have proper distance
Rail Tanker 3.PNG (403.78 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Driving backward with manual control (loco and wagon, 2nd wagon parked)
Driving backward with manual control (loco and wagon, 2nd wagon parked)
Rail Tanker 4.PNG (320.41 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Note: the described behavior is caused by the game engine, not rail tanker. I reported my post for moving to game bugs.

View unread Posts

Arphahat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arphahat »

I just installed 1.2.2 and I'm not seeing the indicator on the tank for how much liquid is there. Do I need to install something else?

EDIT: Ah, it is a precise location on the tanker! Sorry, I missed that, it works great, thanks!

Poots556
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Poots556 »

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this error code? im running 0.12.29
Attachments
factorio.png
factorio.png (28.62 KiB) Viewed 7282 times

Kamel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamel »

I have the same error message. Just enabled the mod for the first time on a running game.

Apparently the old version is nil when there is no old config and the code is missing the nil-check

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... on_changed
-- When a mod version is changed:
mod_changes = {["Mod name"] = {old_version="x.x.x", new_version="x.x.x"}, ...}
-- When a mod is added:
mod_changes = {["Mod name"] = {old_version=nil, new_version="x.x.x"}, ...}
-- When a mod is removed:
mod_changes = {["Mod name"] = {old_version="x.x.x", new_version=nil}, ...}

oldVersion = data.mod_changes[MOD_NAME].old_version
if oldVersion < "1.2.2" then  <<< Error comparing nil with "1.2.2"

But how is that even supposed to work? Comparing two strings with < will never work - or will it in lua?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Railtanker 1.2.21
  • fix error when adding Railtanker to an existing save
  • added german translation by ST-DDT
Kamel wrote:But how is that even supposed to work? Comparing two strings with < will never work - or will it in lua?
It will, and under certain circumstances it will be what you'd expect :D

1.2.2 < 1.2.21 -- true
1.2.2 < 1.19.2 -- false
1.2.2 < 1.20.2 -- false
As long as the first two numbers are only one digit it works, if i ever need 2 digit numbers for those (unlikely) i have to change the comparison.
To see it in Factorio: /c game.local_player.print(serpent.line("1.2.2" < "1.19.2"))

HalbergM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.2.21

Post by HalbergM »

Choumiko,

Firstly, I am absolutely loving the mod, it's literally a game changer, and such a wonderful addition to the core game.

If I may be so bold, I would like to make a humble suggestion that I believe would improve your mod.

I think that adding a tanker loader and unloader would be a nice addition to the the aesthetics and functionality of the tanker cars. and replace the need for pumps in a tanker car supply network.

Here's a mockup I did to illustrate my thought.

But I thought that maybe stealing the code for the way rail signals are placed and combining them with the functionality of pumps that this may make more accurate and complicated setups possible.

Again, I really appreciate all of your work on such a fantastic mod for such a fantastic game.

Also, if I can be of any help, please let me know.

Cheers,
HalbergM

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Nice, but the unloader would look like the loader:

View unread Posts

HalbergM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HalbergM »

steinio wrote:Nice, but the unloader would look like the loader:
Thanks, I went away from the syphon method of unloading to give a different look between the two items.

Something like this:

But having one model to serve both purposes would also be possible.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Interesting concept. If you consider this, that it must be obvious which rotation is used for filling and draining.
Also please connect only to one rail for unloading, so you don't accidentally fill a nearby train on a different rail close by. (Ref: HalbergM's Image Top right)

Also nice graphics.

Oceanel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oceanel »

Choumiko, thank you for the work on this mod, and please add a russian localization (ru):
Attachments
RailTanker_locale.zip
(767 Bytes) Downloaded 99 times

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I have literally worked with the equipment in that illustration, and had trained using that illustration.
Not that it's particularly relevant, but the info's available if wanted.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Siepie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Siepie »

Hi,

I was on last night trying out the tankers [version 1.2.21] and noticed I have phantom rail tankers appearing when trying to fill it with oil. After playing about with it I was able to repo it in my case 100%. If you are filling the tanker and select the train and delete all known stations from the list as soon as the last station is removed and you get the global warning with it having no known stations the phantom carriages are created and the oil starts being filled into those instead of your actual tankers.

Not sure if it makes any difference but it was a double ended diesel train with 2 rail tankers in the middle.

Cheers,

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to RailTanker 1.2.22
  • fixed ghost proxies created when train lost it's path (158498)
As a result of this fix railtankers now can only be filled/emptied if the train is waiting at a station or is in manual mode and not moving. This behaviour is in line with how normal cargo wagons behave with inserters.
A minor downside is that trains that are waiting at a signal don't show their contents anymore.
Siepie wrote:If you are filling the tanker and select the train and delete all known stations from the list as soon as the last station is removed and you get the global warning with it having no known stations the phantom carriages are created and the oil starts being filled into those instead of your actual tankers.
Let's hope a variation of that case was the reason for all the phantom tanks appearing. :D Thanks for the report

Siepie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Siepie »

Choumiko wrote:Let's hope a variation of that case was the reason for all the phantom tanks appearing. :D Thanks for the report
Wicked! Thanks for the patch :D

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.2.22

Post by Supercheese »

I've been working on a way to get the rail tankers to display what fluid they're carrying at all times, even when in motion. I've come up with three options:
Option 1 - Color-coded percent icons
Option 2 - Color-coded bar à la storage tanks
Currently, the amount-icons only appear when the tanker is in transit; when it is filling/discharging at a station, the amount-icons are removed, since you can mouse over the proxy-tank that appears to get the fluid information.

And Option 3 is just have the fluid icon with no indicator of the amount inside. I'm very interested in everyone's thoughts on the matter. :)

Return to “Mods”