[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by vanatteveldt »

I agree, great mod. Barrels are annoying, especially because of the complexity of making sure every outpost has enough empties and preventing drained outposts or their trains from binging on empty barrels.

Seeing the liquid level would indeed make balancing a lot easier.

Blue_Lucario
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blue_Lucario »

Nice!!!

Dawnchaser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dawnchaser »

I agree that this mod would be much improved with a better way to tell how full the tankers are, it gets kinda difficult sometimes to read how full they are. Though today I got an interesting bug, when my oil train left one of my stations it left the oil hitbox-things at the outpost, and my pumps kept pumping into it, when my train had left the station. When I stopped the train it still showed the oil inside the train, with the old ones still there.
Could this have anything to do with me changing the length of the tankers in the entities.lua file?
I changed

Code: Select all

connection_distance = 3.3,
    joint_distance = 4,
to

Code: Select all

connection_distance = 3.4,
    joint_distance = 4.6,
so it would match up with all my other trains after I installed the train length fix mod.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Dawnchaser wrote:.....When I stopped the train it still showed the oil inside the train, with the old ones still there.
Could this have anything to do with me changing the length of the tankers in the entities.lua file?
Known bug.
For time being, just shoot them for quick fix.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 45#p108445

Dawnchaser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dawnchaser »

Thank you! I was worried I broke the mod in some way, and I hadn't read quite that far into the thread to see that yet.
I am off to shoot some floating oil now :)
EDIT: I found something that may prove useful for fixing this bug (if you do remove it, because I accidentally found a way to duplicate liquids using this :P )
The floating oils always get created when i delete the station the train is currently at from its schedule, and they have the same amount of oil that the tankers do at the time you move the tanker, it creates a new railtanker object without deleting the one already there.
Since the train never actually started moving when the station got deleted, it didn't delete one of the railtanker objects before making a new one.

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

had the same bug today. Driving slowly didn't help, shooting also not. Had to deinstall the mod and reinstall it and research again.

ikke009
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ikke009 »

On the latest version of the game I can't seem to unload the train without replacing a pipe or pump every time the train arrives. Apparently this is a known bug but do you have any idea when you can fix this?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

ikke009 wrote:On the latest version of the game I can't seem to unload the train without replacing a pipe or pump every time the train arrives. Apparently this is a known bug but do you have any idea when you can fix this?
I have heard of this before but never experienced it.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

ikke009 wrote:On the latest version of the game I can't seem to unload the train without replacing a pipe or pump every time the train arrives. Apparently this is a known bug but do you have any idea when you can fix this?
I have the same problem. I'm using a ton of mods, including squeak through. I think that one might mess things up as it modifies collision boxes for things. I'll have to remember to check it next time I play.

[edit]

I just commented out the line dealing with small pump from sequak through and now railtanker pumps trigger properly.

Sothix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sothix »

Hey guys, I got a little problem here and I woundered if anybody could help me. Everytime I load my save, following error appears: _ _ RailTanker_ _/control.lua:130:attempte to index global 'game' (a nil value)
I'm running Factorio version 0.12.25, but it already didnt work before the update today.
Also running a few mods: Aircraft, Double Furnace, Orbital Ion Cannon, Side Inserters, Simple Teleports,
Satellite Uplink Station, WaiTex, Warehousing Mod and of course Rail Tankers. Really want this mod, pls help :(

PS: sry for my bad english

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Sothix wrote:Hey guys, I got a little problem here and I woundered if anybody could help me. Everytime I load my save, following error appears: _ _ RailTanker_ _/control.lua:130:attempte to index global 'game' (a nil value)
This sounds like you are using an old version of RailTanker, try the latest release here: https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/releases

I'll message a mod to maybe remove the outdated link in the first post and add a working one for the stable 0.12 releases

Sothix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sothix »

Nice it works, thank you so much, now I can go on with the construction of my little factory^^

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tankh »

Yeah I got that problem trying to download from www.factoriomods.com

They don't seem to have the latest version

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

I was tinkering with my local copy and I found that changing the selection box on the tank proxy to {{-2.0, -2.0}, {2.0, 2.0}} makes it so much easier to mouse-over the tank to see its contents, and thanks to the Z-order you can still select pumps and other entities within that area.

Arduin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arduin »

hoho wrote:
I have the same problem. I'm using a ton of mods, including squeak through. I think that one might mess things up as it modifies collision boxes for things. I'll have to remember to check it next time I play.

[edit]

I just commented out the line dealing with small pump from sequak through and now railtanker pumps trigger properly.
Thanks so much for this hint! That solved the problem :)

Chruschtschow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chruschtschow »

Hey, there seems to be an incompatibilty between this mod and Orbital Ion Cannon 1.0.9. I cannot load my savegame when both are active at the same time.

I would love to haul lots of oil and strike stuffs with blasts right out of the sky at the same time. ;)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New release: Rail Tanker 1.1.3

Changes:
  • optional dependency for SqueakThrough: It will revert the collision box of small pumps back to vanilla, since that seems to solve the issue of them not connecting to the tank
  • increased selection box of tanks, so they are easier to select
Thanks hoho and GotLag for the reports.

If anyone has a save where the problem of tanks staying behind is reproducable i'd appreciate if i can get my hands on it to try and fix it.
Chruschtschow wrote:Hey, there seems to be an incompatibilty between this mod and Orbital Ion Cannon 1.0.9. I cannot load my savegame when both are active at the same time.

I would love to haul lots of oil and strike stuffs with blasts right out of the sky at the same time. ;)
I installed Orbital Ion Cannon, loading old saves, starting a new game all worked. What other mods are you using? Getting any errors?

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

first post still mentions 1.1.2 as current release.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Grey wrote:first post still mentions 1.1.2 as current release.
Fixed it, since i now have ownership of the thread.

thebacon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.1.3

Post by thebacon »

It appears liquids are handled somewhere behind the scenes? I was looking at a way to make it work more like a Storage Tank, but haven't seen any way to apply liquids to an entity. Suppose that is the reason for the proxy tanks?

Return to “Mods”