[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by Choumiko »

Backpflaume51 wrote: __RailTanker__/control.lua:130: attempt to index global 'script' (a nil value).
This looks like you are using an older version of Factorio. Railtanker 1.1.1 will only work with Factorio 0.12.11

Backpflaume51
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Backpflaume51 »

thats strange ^^ i have played the last 5 hours with this mod and factorio was at 0.12.9 ^^ short time i left the game than started and play again the same savegame without problems ^^

no update ingame possible. can i download and update it manually

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Ok, new version is up. It is smaller and won't run on anything less and 0.12.11.

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HellEye »

Hi! So, I'm having an issue with loading/unloading the tanker. I have a pump going into/out of it but it doesn't want to load/unload until i rotate/replace the pump. If the train leaves and then comes back i have to do it again before i have the flow. maybe i'm doing something wrong... Gotta say that i downgraded 1.1.2 version to work on 0.12.10 since i couldn't find the old versions of the mod to download and i use a lot of mods that aren't yet updated, maybe it broke something. I'd appreciate if you put old download versions or look into the problem if it is a problem. Thanks.

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

i'm experiencing the same problem.
no loading/unloading is possible unless you update the pump (either rotation or replacing it)

ccik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ccik »

Same problems with not properly connecting pumps. It does not apply to all my loading stations, but for some, and if see this correctly, only after updating factorio to 0.12.13.

I tried to figure out what was causing this, and may have found the reason. I observed this behaviour happening in different stations, but the did not become affected from this bug at the same time. I tried some things and found out that this bug only happens to stations where a train is parked and connected by the time you save the game. Tried it with different stations, and everytime i had a train parked at a station, saved and loaded again, this station would become affected.

It may have something to do with this here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=17275, since this broke a lot of mods i'm using after i ugraded to 0.12.13. It should be fixed now with 0.12.14, but until the game breaking GUI bug is fixed, i won't update, and live with the small inconvienince.

Or, it could be something else entirely, who knows.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

ccik wrote:It may have something to do with this here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=17275, since this broke a lot of mods i'm using after i ugraded to 0.12.13. It should be fixed now with 0.12.14, but until the game breaking GUI bug is fixed, i won't update, and live with the small inconvienince.
It is because of the bug you linked, and no, it's not fixed for 0.12.14. At this point every mod bug you encounter after loading a save is most likely due to the deserialisation bug. In Railtankers case it simply can't find the storage tank that get's placed when a train stops, because the reference is lost.

Latest "safe" version is 0.12.12 for mods that got updated to the 0.12.11/12 api changes. If all your safes are already 0.12.13 you're doomed to wait for 0.12.15 :?

ccik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ccik »

Yeah, i'm doomed.

But thanks for your confirmation.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

ccik wrote:Yeah, i'm doomed.

But thanks for your confirmation.
Thankfully 0.12.15 is already out. :)

Erraticcyprus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Erraticcyprus »

Just updated to 0.12.15 bit of a bug get the following error

Error while running the event handler:

_ _RailTanker_ _/control.lua:275:Passed index is out of range.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

I figure i should pop up and say something at this point. Life is crazy at the moment, between work and house hunting I've got almost no time to relax. I used to play Factorio and mod in that time but these days I am messing around with some other things. I'm hoping to get back into Factorio when everything calms down but I doubt it will be for a before December. If someone wants to have a crack at patching Rail Tanker (or any of my other mods) feel free to. The code is on github, i'll eye the code and accept the pull request. If you want to post a new version just upload it to this tread and I'll link it in the first post.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Erraticcyprus wrote:Just updated to 0.12.15 bit of a bug get the following error
Was the save from Factorio 0.12.13 or 0.12.14? In that case you will probably need to disable Railtanker, load the game (and loose a bit/lot of oil/rail tankers) save it, reenable railtanker and load again. In the little playing i did on 0.12.15 my save worked with Railtanker.
JamesOFarrell wrote:If someone wants to have a crack at patching Rail Tanker (or any of my other mods) feel free to. The code is on github, i'll eye the code and accept the pull request. If you want to post a new version just upload it to this tread and I'll link it in the first post.
I'll probably maintain Railtanker, since my save(s) kind of depend on it. If you want you can link https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/releases in your OP for the time being. I'll add my releases there and you get the pull requests.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Choumiko wrote:I'll probably maintain Railtanker, since my save(s) kind of depend on it. If you want you can link https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/releases in your OP for the time being. I'll add my releases there and you get the pull requests.
Thanks Choumiko. Glad someone is keeping it alive. I've updated the first post in both this thread and the TFC tread with your releases.

Erraticcyprus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Erraticcyprus »

Choumiko wrote:
Erraticcyprus wrote:Just updated to 0.12.15 bit of a bug get the following error
Was the save from Factorio 0.12.13 or 0.12.14? In that case you will probably need to disable Railtanker, load the game (and loose a bit/lot of oil/rail tankers) save it, reenable railtanker and load again. In the little playing i did on 0.12.15 my save worked with Railtanker.
JamesOFarrell wrote:If someone wants to have a crack at patching Rail Tanker (or any of my other mods) feel free to. The code is on github, i'll eye the code and accept the pull request. If you want to post a new version just upload it to this tread and I'll link it in the first post.
I'll probably maintain Railtanker, since my save(s) kind of depend on it. If you want you can link https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/releases in your OP for the time being. I'll add my releases there and you get the pull requests.
Yeah it was a 0.12.13 save - that fix worked thanks

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

For choumiko (and others): As said in https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 50#p115251 I will help out, if this threads needs to be updated. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

I just added Rail Tanker to my 0.12.12 installment and tried it out by pumping some liquids in and out of the tank cart. I've noticed that there's no indicator for how full the cart is. There's only the icon indicating what kind of liquid is inside. The pumping is working fine so far as the storage tanks fill up/empty accordingly.
Is this expected behavior?

Edit: I've found that the Fat Controller mod is able show me how full a tank train is. I guess that's gonna work for now.

Extrien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Extrien »

Thanks for updating! :D

side note for the guy posting above me, mouse over the oil icon at the lowest points of it and you should be able to find it's hitbox and get a readout

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Extrien wrote: side note for the guy posting above me, mouse over the oil icon at the lowest points of it and you should be able to find it's hitbox and get a readout
Got it. Thanks for the advice.

Behemothy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Behemothy »

HellEye wrote:Hi! So, I'm having an issue with loading/unloading the tanker. I have a pump going into/out of it but it doesn't want to load/unload until i rotate/replace the pump. If the train leaves and then comes back i have to do it again before i have the flow. maybe i'm doing something wrong... Gotta say that i downgraded 1.1.2 version to work on 0.12.10 since i couldn't find the old versions of the mod to download and i use a lot of mods that aren't yet updated, maybe it broke something. I'd appreciate if you put old download versions or look into the problem if it is a problem. Thanks.

I'm having this problem aswell?

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

like the mod.. way better to fill tankers than tons of barrels.
anyway, one thing could be fun, if possible, is liquid level in the tanker.. a way to know if the train leave with a full cargo ..or just 2 drops
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Return to “Mods”