[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by JamesOFarrell »

New version in for 0.12 is in the first post. There were some changes in 0.12 to make modders lives easier but I haven't really taken advantage of them yet so I expect to release another version later on. This should get you up and running though.

Any moderators, feel free to move this thread to the 0.12 items forum.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Mod 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by Koub »

Topic moved to Mods for 0.12 ‹ New Items, Entities, Extensions (0.12)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Koub wrote:[Topic moved to Mods for 0.12 ‹ New Items, Entities, Extensions (0.12) by Koub]
Thanks Koub!

TeDeum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transpor

Post by TeDeum »

Thanks for fast update!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved to convenience, I think this is more game-changing, than just adding items.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

ssilk wrote:Moved to convenience, I think this is more game-changing, than just adding items.
I believe this is a bad move. It's a mod that adds a new entity and should be categorized as such. If mods start being categorized based on opinions of how useful they are, it starts becoming a mess.

That said, I love this mod and don't play without it anymore. Keep it up!

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Does anyone else experiencing a sudden stutter every couple seconds (when moving) after activating this mod ?
It's registered on fps count (5 fps drop, stop, then 60 fps again, stop, so on).
Affect new game.
I tested it by disabling all mods except for Rail Tanker, quit, make new game, yet the problem exist.
Also, this happen on other mod (Fluid Barrel) although very subtle, not as severe as Rail Tanker.
Maybe happen to the mod that affect liquid handling?
I posted the same report on Fluid Barrel thread.

DAVID310XD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DAVID310XD »

I have a problem with the mod, as I click on the rope car that comes to me error.I paste photo my error. I do not know what to do, please fast replay.Thans for any help :D :D :D :D :D .
Attachments
This my error.
This my error.
Error.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 9046 times

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Please update to the latest version of TFC and rail tanker, should fix your issue.

Apos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Apos »

Hello,

first of all thank you for the mod. I'm currently running RSO and BoB's Mod session and your Rail tanker is really nice addition to move oil over greater distances in realistic way :).

I've got a one question: Do you have any plans on releasing bigger versions of tanker? Higher tier carts with bigger capacity, but also more expensive in cost production? I really enjoy what BoB did to boilers, storage tanks where you use mid to late game materials, but get better and more efficient machines, so you get a progress in your game.

TeDeum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TeDeum »

There is another way to get a progress in this game: build a train with 3 locomotives and 10 tankers :)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

ThaPear wrote:
ssilk wrote:Moved to convenience, I think this is more game-changing, than just adding items.
I believe this is a bad move. It's a mod that adds a new entity and should be categorized as such. If mods start being categorized based on opinions of how useful they are, it starts becoming a mess.
I agree. Initially when a friend suggested this to me, i looked in the new items,entities and addons sub-forum. Thats where i expected to find it, as it is a new entity.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transpor

Post by ssilk »

Moved back.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Now that I can find the thread again :D I've updated the mod, the tanker now holds 2500 liquid, still not as much as a cargo wagon but twice as much as before.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Not sure if it's a report for here or for FAT, but on a train with two rail tankers, I noticed it only displayed the contents of one, even though both were filled with oil.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

TeDeum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TeDeum »

JamesOFarrell wrote:I've updated the mod, the tanker now holds 2500 liquid, still not as much as a cargo wagon but twice as much as before.
If somebody still going to complain about tanker capacity, even 1250 was fine, now it's 2500 and 50 second loading/unloading with 4 pumps, no need for more! :)

klanticus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by klanticus »

waduk wrote:Does anyone else experiencing a sudden stutter every couple seconds (when moving) after activating this mod ?
It's registered on fps count (5 fps drop, stop, then 60 fps again, stop, so on).
Affect new game.
I tested it by disabling all mods except for Rail Tanker, quit, make new game, yet the problem exist.
Also, this happen on other mod (Fluid Barrel) although very subtle, not as severe as Rail Tanker.
My friend had this problem on factorio x64 for Windows. We tried 12.4 and 12.6 and it happens even if we haven't built any liquid tanker yet, in SP and MP. On the other hand, there is no problem on my side, running factorio for linux x64

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

klanticus wrote:
waduk wrote:Does anyone else experiencing a sudden stutter every couple seconds (when moving) after activating this mod ?
Affect new game.
My friend had this problem on factorio x64 for Windows. We tried 12.4 and 12.6 and it happens even if we haven't built any liquid tanker yet, in SP and MP. On the other hand, there is no problem on my side, running factorio for linux x64
Turns out it's Vram related, i solved it by lowering the usable Vram to medium.

klanticus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by klanticus »

waduk wrote:
klanticus wrote:
Affect new game.
Turns out it's Vram related, i solved it by lowering the usable Vram to medium.
Tried that yesterday and indeed it solved the problem. Didn't knew factorio was so (video) memory hungry (his vga card has 1GB vram).
Anyway, thanks for your support

FISHMANPET
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by FISHMANPET »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
oLaudix wrote:Would it be possible to adjust size of the car so i could fit 2 pumps next to each other? Very often its like this http://i.imgur.com/MbyLGvH.png.
It is possible but it is a real pain so it probably wont happen. I would like to do it but only in theory, in practice as soon as I start thinking about opening up blender I go dead inside and life seems meaningless so I stop. Feel free to download the blender file and play with the size/render. Having it the exact same size as the cargo wagon would be the perfect solution. Once you have a render you like you can adjust the width, height, connection_distance and joint_distance in entities.lua. If you manage to get through all of that and come out the other side sane and with renders send them to me and I'll release a a new version with your name on it. If, on the other hand, you end up in tears alone on your bedroom floor wondering what has become of your life then drop by the blender IRC channel, i hear they have a support group setup now.
I looked at this a bit because I was getting really annoyed with only having one pump work on my oil tankers :D and I've got a few questions. When you say the "exact same size as the cargo wagon" are you talking about how the spritesheets for the railtanker are different dimensions than the spritesheets for the built in cargo wagon? Or could it be as simple as playing with the position values in the rail-tanker-proxy? That may be hacky way to make it accept pump connections but would it work?

It seems regular cargo wagons had this same problem previously where not everything would line up perfectly, but now in .12 that seems to been fixed for .12 so that a wagon at a station will always be accessible to 7 inserters, so hoping something is possible with Rail Tanker as well (may have to settle for being accessible by 3 pumps if is done perfectly so that it's symmetrical :D)

Return to “Mods”