[0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Topics and discussion about specific mods
leitk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Post by leitk »

I just posted a mod to make boilers and heat exchangers start with 10 water. It could be used in combination with this mod to jump-start power production in space.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/start-with-water

pinkhorse
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pinkhorse »

It would be cool if you could convert from Cosmic Water back into normal water. Currently I'm producing a lot of Cosmic Water from all the Bio processes. I'll probably fix it by stopping the feed of normal water.
But if might be nice to have alternatives, even if they're not the most efficient.

Aepervius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aepervius »

I have two questions:
1) I have already researched the lab research (in the debris I found 10 electronic ship which allowed me to research some electromagnetism and electrochemical lab). But after I reactivated the crashed research lab it tells me to use it to "research laboratory"... Picture looks like the electromagnetic lab I think. It never "detect" that I already researched that lab. Does that mean i am stuck ?
2) There is something pulsating energy every few ticks or so , damaging me if i stay nearby. Will that be useful later down the line ? I assume so but sicne I am stuck by 1) I have no idea.

shihsaikwok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shihsaikwok »

pinkhorse wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:59 pm
It would be cool if you could convert from Cosmic Water back into normal water. Currently I'm producing a lot of Cosmic Water from all the Bio processes. I'll probably fix it by stopping the feed of normal water.
But if might be nice to have alternatives, even if they're not the most efficient.
As i remember, the cosmic water is consumed to produce biosludge. Which process do you produce excess cosmic water?

nurofen127
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nurofen127 »

Hi there. I've noticed that my concrete pavement degrades tile by tile leaving dents. Also some structures near my rail network are constantly getting damaged. I know for sure it's not related to biters because their bases are quite far away. It should not be meteor strikes: my base is defended by a dozen of meteor defence installations.
I have played Factorio over 800h so far and had not encountered concrete degradation and random structure damage until I have installed Space Exploration. So I presume it is somehow related to this mod. Am I right? Are there any settings to switch off such behavior?

Playing Factorio 0.18.15, my mod list is in attached pics.
Attachments
mods-2.png
mods-2.png (37.16 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
mods-1.png
mods-1.png (55.72 KiB) Viewed 9021 times

pinkhorse
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pinkhorse »

shihsaikwok wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am
pinkhorse wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:59 pm
As i remember, the cosmic water is consumed to produce biosludge. Which process do you produce excess cosmic water?
Yep, just checked again. Biosluge consumes Cosmic Water, yet Experimental Biomass will produce Contaminated Cosmic Water, which gets turned into Cosmic Water.
What I didn't notice was that I had ~20k Biosluge Barrels in storage. They all got consumed by the Experimental Biomass production (and other processes), which in the end produced a large amount of Cosmic Water Barrels.
Once the Biosluge Barrels cache was consumed, the Cosmic Water Barrels were also eventually consumed and now production has stabilized. :D

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Is there anything in space with a positive feedback loop? I thought absolutely everything there, aside, presumably, from asteroid mining, had a net negative due to all the 99% returns on one or more things, and forbidden productivity modules.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

shihsaikwok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shihsaikwok »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:22 am
Is there anything in space with a positive feedback loop? I thought absolutely everything there, aside, presumably, from asteroid mining, had a net negative due to all the 99% returns on one or more things, and forbidden productivity modules.
There should be no positive loop, as there is no void machine in SE.
For example, the biosludge is produced with consumption of cosmic water.
Therefore, you need to supply resources by rockets, or mining the ice water or ice methane at space.

shihsaikwok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shihsaikwok »

nurofen127 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:17 am
Hi there. I've noticed that my concrete pavement degrades tile by tile leaving dents. Also some structures near my rail network are constantly getting damaged. I know for sure it's not related to biters because their bases are quite far away. It should not be meteor strikes: my base is defended by a dozen of meteor defence installations.
I have played Factorio over 800h so far and had not encountered concrete degradation and random structure damage until I have installed Space Exploration. So I presume it is somehow related to this mod. Am I right? Are there any settings to switch off such behavior?

Playing Factorio 0.18.15, my mod list is in attached pics.
For the random damage, do you have robot flying nearby? they would crash randomly and damage your buildings.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I would like to know where to set the size of the planet? I want to say let's make a larger planet for myself. and in general it can be very huge :D

and question
RSO mod
Bulk Teleport
Item Teleportaion not comportible.. and why?

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:22 am
Biosludge loop is positive provided you have enough biomass growth facilities, and one or two biosludge from biomass plants. Genetics labs needed, a net negative data card loop. The decontamination facilties are needed in the loop.

What seems evident is that every time you expand such as by expanding from tier 1 bio science to tier 2 bio science, you deepen the chain of materials and so the whole system needs to be increased. Hence more biosludge needed to be input even if you have a positive feedback on that. More data cards to feed more labs.

These feedback chains get really deep. The mod maker should be commended! Lots of fun here.

Once you top up the system with the new science youve done, it stabilizes a bit and you dont need to expand as badly.

Seems iron, glass, copper, petrol and advanced circuits are the most expensive operations inputs.

If you need to top up biomass as you mess up or expand too fast then import trees and grow it.

Arthillidan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arthillidan »

Hi I´m trying to figure out how to use the electric boiler but the steam created by it is not accepted by steam engines and I found no other way to find answers to questions such as this.

jinsediaoying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jinsediaoying »

There is conflict with angel's industry fully enabled (which mean check all the mod setting options)
Is it possible to fix it?

jyf15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jyf15 »

Hello,
After starting a new server-based game with SE and m default settings for days, I just happened to read that it is recommended to set resource spawning rate to less than 100%. I wonder if there’s a way to change this mid-game? Thanks.

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

Arthillidan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi I´m trying to figure out how to use the electric boiler but the steam created by it is not accepted by steam engines and I found no other way to find answers to questions such as this.
Can you hover over the steam? Is it steam or condensed steam? The condenser turbines generate an internal steam type that gets removed from the system within the building. Maybe the boiler was intended for different purposes?

I was building a coal liquefaction plant and considered using a boiler, but I had access to coal for regular boilers anyways. It would be a shame if the electric boiler had strict limits on its applications.

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

Anyone reach Foenestra yet?

Short story says "I soon start experiencing spatial distortions. Space is getting weird..."

So we anchor down at the place, and it's like the empty orbit of a planet. nothing there. We do get "Travel Status: Navigation spacial distortions" in the ship console, but there's nothing to do. Odd numbers appear for time to other locations, but its like we're missing something, or the content isn't finished.

Thanks!

KudoBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KudoBear »

Hi, I'm doing a run with all bob's(no angel's), and when I tried to launch rocket, found that rocket engine item (required for nav rocket parts) from bob's warfare costs tungsten plate, which is now locked behind rocket science meaning I can never launch nav or cargo rockets. Bypassing it for now by changing its cost to steel.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

BUG: Upon placing a Stone Brick under a Mining Depot (Klonan's mining robots mod), the Mining Depot and all it's mining drones are destroyed. A tile of Road (Klonan's transport drones) is spawned at the location of the Mining Depot. This piece of road can not be successfully mined, neither by bot or hand.

I'm posting the report as it's my understanding that SE affects tile placement, as in placing stone brick over ore will destroy the ore etc.

@Klonan (I hope this is the right syntax), maybe this is something you want to have a look at too.

Cheers

Attached is the savefile. To reproduce, just place a stone brick path under the mining depot to your left. Observe how it and it's bots are destroyed and an unmineable road tile placed.
Attachments
ExplorationS004.zip
(5.59 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I am looking for a thermal-water source in our heavily modded server.
Just saw that Core Fragmentation can generate it. So I tried to place a core-miner on the fissure-patches, and guess what? no `core fragment (fissure)` as expectet - only the normal one =/ So I destroyed the core-miner (took it with right click) and taaadaaaa: fissure was gone. Could reproduce it on 2 other Fissure-patches. Guess thats not intendet?

And how can I get `core fragment (fissure)`? since FNEI wont show me more info, and core-miner has no gui I have no clue atm. But just wanted to report that you can destroy your thermal-water-patches -.-

PM me for savegame/mods.7z if needed :)

playing with following settings:

- factorio 0.18.31
- space exploration 0.2.18
- space exploration graphics 0.2.1
- space exploration postprocess 0.21
- space exension mod 0.5.1
- & all bobs&angels mod in newest versions
- & like thousands of little QoL mods - can upload a zip if needed

Return to “Mods”