[0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Post by ztn » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 pm

do we have a single player who achieve this 20 black science/minute result? in my game i make 0.7 black science packets/minute and gave up... :( really want to see save game file or at least several screenshots of such base.

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TumakWartorn » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Okay, let's try a different question: is the end game for Space Exploration finished? i.e. do something with the "anomoly." Or is that still WIP too?

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Location via triangulation

Post by TumakWartorn » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:18 pm

By setting up dummy ships (command console only, no engines) in three locations on the star map I've been able to determine what stars the planets and moons orbit, without a planetary/solar system map. Would still rather have the solar system map.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:02 pm

The meteors seem to come way too often for me. In the intro I read they're supposed to be rare, but I get like 20 per in-game day, all over my factory. I first tried defending myself with 4 Meteor space defense installations (with ammo, charged full) but they don't even try to stop a single meteor. I never see them use ammo or recharge, so it's not as if they fire and miss.

At least, I'm assuming that the random damage to my base is meteor strikes right?! Sometimes leaves copper ore or so.

Since that didn't work, I figured it's buggy and I tried to disable the meteors altogether with the setting, but I can set it only to 2880. Fine, 2880 it is, I'll figure this bug out later. But the rate hasn't slowed, at least not noticeably.

What do?

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TumakWartorn » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:15 pm

I have 5 meteor defense installations. Rarely get a meteor strike that hurts anything. If that helps.

Episode922
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Episode922 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi all.
i m playing this great mod with another great one called Hellmod.
when navigation uplink is opened, if a right click on the button s name of any planet or moon, i ve got a recipe selector windowed which opened.
I post this on hellmod forum too.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:00 pm

TumakWartorn wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:15 pm
I have 5 meteor defense installations. Rarely get a meteor strike that hurts anything. If that helps.
I guess it confirms that it is a bug and that a few meteor defense installations should usually do the trick, but for some reason not in my save.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 pm

luc wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:02 pm
The meteors seem to come way too often for me. In the intro I read they're supposed to be rare, but I get like 20 per in-game day, all over my factory. I first tried defending myself with 4 Meteor space defense installations (with ammo, charged full) but they don't even try to stop a single meteor. I never see them use ammo or recharge, so it's not as if they fire and miss.

At least, I'm assuming that the random damage to my base is meteor strikes right?! Sometimes leaves copper ore or so.

Since that didn't work, I figured it's buggy and I tried to disable the meteors altogether with the setting, but I can set it only to 2880. Fine, 2880 it is, I'll figure this bug out later. But the rate hasn't slowed, at least not noticeably.

What do?
A goddamn meteor landed right in the middle of my base, destroying a box with precious 400 iron plates in the process ! :lol:
(Way earlier than I could research meteor defence...)
I don't mind much though, I think I got that iron back from the meteor leftovers at this point...

Gouldukat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gouldukat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello

Something that is bugging me, why white belts underground are shorter then the blue counterpart, same with space pipe so short ! i cant jump under buildings !!!??? (if nothing come up i will look in to mod the mod :-p)

i looked if someone posted already this and did not found it

Thanks Earendel

AlexMBrennan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexMBrennan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 pm

The game still crashes when trying to return to the surface in a capsule in version 0.1.145 with the following error message:
Error while running event space-exploration::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid
stack traceback:
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/capsule.lua:193: in function 'callback'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:14 in function
<_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:12>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '_ _index'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/capsule.lua:193: in function 'callback'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:14: in function
<_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:12>
Gouldukat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm
Something that is bugging me, why white belts underground are shorter then the blue counterpart, same with space pipe
Because that is how the mod author wanted the space logistics to work. Note that the pipe description explicitly points out the "limited range".

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:50 pm

just a thank you post. Having such a blast with this mod after my previous sadomasochistic playthroughs of stuff like Sea block / BA. Very nice alternative playstyle when you want a bit more 'gameplay'

germanridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by germanridge » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere else, I did not see it. My Crafting Menu only contains the default 4 categories, Logistics, Production, Intermediate and Combat. In watching some of the playthrus on YT, another category shows... Space. Does it appear after a certain research item? I believe I have all the mods required correctly installed.

Thanks

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by CorBlimey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:59 pm

germanridge wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm
Apologies if this is addressed somewhere else, I did not see it. My Crafting Menu only contains the default 4 categories, Logistics, Production, Intermediate and Combat. In watching some of the playthrus on YT, another category shows... Space. Does it appear after a certain research item? I believe I have all the mods required correctly installed.

Thanks
yeah I think categories only show when you have at least one recipe unlocked. The earliest item is probably rocket fuel or heat shielding. You can double check everything is ok by checking valid filters on a filter inserter or a combinator and seeing that it has space stuff. Also if you can make glass then yea, its fine

germanridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by germanridge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm

CorBlimey wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:59 pm
germanridge wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks
yeah I think categories only show when you have at least one recipe unlocked. The earliest item is probably rocket fuel or heat shielding. You can double check everything is ok by checking valid filters on a filter inserter or a combinator and seeing that it has space stuff. Also if you can make glass then yea, its fine
Heat Shielding research allowed the Space category, as you said. Many thanks!

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:58 pm

For Core Mining, is there a recipe that lets you "delete" a product? (bit like in Seablock flaring a gas or liquid clarifier)
I suppose part of the challenge is to efficiently compact the resources to a suitable product for interplanetary shipping

Return to “Mods”