Re: [0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Post by enjoyqzf »

it is okay! ! thank you very much! !

Xelan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xelan »

First of all: Awesome work. Might have been an expansion by the devs, but nope, it's a mod :shock:

But how do I use liquids like lubricant in space? Need those to produce cosmic water and the like. I can't build pumps in orbit to empty barrels, so I don't see how I'm supposed to get usable forms of liquid into space.
I'm quite sure there is a way, but I don't see it. :(
Last edited by Xelan on Thu May 23, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Author question
The author, but you can not do the planet without restriction on the size?
or each. the planet can also be in size? planets infinite or limited?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

There is a planet size slider, which presumably does most of what you want.
If it were set to have one more level, being "Infinite" that might make sense. But if planets are infinite, whats the fun in going to other planets then?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

---X-Ray---
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ---X-Ray--- »

Sorry for bad english.
First of all, the idea and the initial implementation of the mod is just a bomb, I’ve played for 400 hours.
Reached two bugs, version 0.1.67
in production:
- subatomic data
- quark data
resources are consumed, nothing is output.
Russian localization does not turn on, or I do not understand how to turn it on.
Will the mechanics be thought through Space capsule and broken Cargo pod? the first ones do not pick up automatically, the second ones stop it when they return to the factory.
and also, for some reason, empty Cargo pod is not selected by arranging a huge dump together with Space capsule
update 0.1.68 problems remained

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 am
There is a planet size slider, which presumably does most of what you want.
If it were set to have one more level, being "Infinite" that might make sense. But if planets are infinite, whats the fun in going to other planets then?
:D
I understood, I just test my computer at the same time, can I somehow remove the restrictions? code?

Question
and by the way the question of resources I have some type of quartz and thorium from a Bob mods does not generate

and 2 Question
how many planets are there?
only 500 or unlimited *?
and 3 Question
Is it possible to carry 1 to the planet? or make the Earth, where to supply all the resources. according to the logic of the game

as an idea
make planet earth open.
And there to send resources, fuel, and more. And to make planet 1 unlimited something like this. and there resources and base rebuild.
Last edited by Airat9000 on Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xelan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xelan »

Okay, so I can't built decon-facilities on a planet, just in space (intended?). How am I supposed to get water off planet? Heavy oil (and therefore lubricant) I can manage to get in space by getting steel into orbit, making barrels, scrapping and then recycling them (which seems more than suboptimal).

Is cosmic water supposed to be produced on planet? Would kinda make sense, given the description of the decontamination facility "...prepares liquids for use in low-pressure conditions". If yes, then why can't I built the decon facs on Nauvis? :cry:

Same with chemical gel. I see no way to make it without some way to transport petroleum into space. And since you have no liquid storage tanks for the rocket and can't build pumps to empty barrels in space, you have no way to get petroleum into space :/

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Earendel wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:54 am
Light wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 pm
Earendel wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:43 am
Light wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 pm
I'm curious to know if there's any timeframe for release of multiplayer worlds. The idea of everyone starting on their own planet is very enticing for my multiplayer group, with everyone having a different experience from each other for better or worse.
It was pretty low down on the priority list, but as you have a strong interest in this feature I can move it much higher up. I can't really give an estimated date right now because, to be honest, it involve some things I've never had to deal with before so I have no idea what is involved or how long it will take. Also it is often a struggle to find people to help with multiplayer testing.
It would mean a lot to us. We also understood that it would take a fair bit of time, which is why we're not really planning our final family game until late June when we can all get together as a large group for the summer vacation.

Other parents may also intend to do the same with their kids. If we could help in any way to ensure a fun Factorio filled summer, then feel free to let us know.
It would help to have a clear outline of how you'd like the player/planet distribution to work. The intention of different planets for players was mainly for PVP, different enemy teams could start on a different planets. It sounds like you'd want it to potentially be more cooperative.

Would you want to put every player on a different planet?

Would would every player be on their own force?

Each player starting planet would be around a different star to make it fair, but that would limit it to 30 starting planets max, is that enough?

Are starting planets around different starts too far away?

If you'd like to help the most helpful thing would be to join my discord and sign up for the tester role so you can participate in multiplayer testing. The biggest struggle I have is finding players to jump onto a test game for a few minutes so I can test a specific multiplayer feature or bug (like desync issues).
Sorry for the very late reply.

1. The plan is to have one adult with one or two children, so that's three starting planets in our case. With the adults on their own planets I could teleport the kids to join them.

2. Separate forces could be done, but given how we're not going to be together for so long there's no need for the mod to do so. PvP isn't the goal considering the winner would be the first one into space anyhow, as that player could attack constantly while their planet remains safely out of reach by players who aren't close to space technology yet.

3. I don't know the distances between planets but visiting each other isn't the priority over obtaining resources. Trade vessels could be created in the future, but such a feature isn't required for our game until 300+ hours into it when space travel should be much easier. Do not stress over that sort of thing if we can already build refueling stations on asteroids for long voyages.
----

While I mention it, how viable are refueling stations on asteroids? Is it possible to create fuel using space resources or must we manufacture fuel on the planet and transport them into in tanks for servicing? I'd imagine such a station would be necessary for long voyages with bigger transport ships, so it would be good to know if planet fuel production should be larger than usual to accommodate that demand.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Bug: With Space Exploration enabled, I can no longer mine in sandbox mode without spawning a character for myself.

Rubypoker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rubypoker »

Amazing mod :)
I just played just enough to start up in space, and getting the space science going.
But I do have some questions. Lunching a cargo rocket require 100 expensive parts that uses high teck components. I was wondering if there are any other ways to transfer items from planet to planet or planet to space? A cost efficient way?
Lets say I go to a moon/planet that are rich on oil to make plastic there. And I want to transfer that plastic to another planet. It seems I would have to load a rocket full with 500 of that expensive part to deliver it to the plastic planet, so that I can send up to 5 rockets of plastic from that planet before I need to deliver more parts. This means that the average cost to launch a rocket is 120 parts. And the part stack size is only 1, So I would have to lunch a rocket from planet 1 to planet 2 with the components that's required to make the part, and make the part on planet 2. that way I get more than only 500 / 5 lunches. If it is that expensive it just seems that expanding on the starting planet is just way more effective and that it is really no reward building on multiple planets. So I was wondering if it really is worth it?

[EDIT] Never mind, Just found out there is a science upgrade letting you get some of the resources back.

Karelzarath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Karelzarath »

Light wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:04 am
While I mention it, how viable are refueling stations on asteroids? Is it possible to create fuel using space resources or must we manufacture fuel on the planet and transport them into in tanks for servicing? I'd imagine such a station would be necessary for long voyages with bigger transport ships, so it would be good to know if planet fuel production should be larger than usual to accommodate that demand.
Short answer is not really, no. Space is a net-loss on materials regardless of what you're trying to do and nothing is sustainable without regular infusion of materials. For the low cost of 1070 solar panels, 899 accumulators, 16 fuel refineries, 16 offshore pumps, 1 electric miner, and 1 electric furnace, you can use the "Rocket fuel from water" reaction to generate just as much fuel as the ludicrous setup below. That's just 45 MW of power and 4 copper plates per minute on a planet/moon with water and copper.

That said, you can get close if you really want to. It takes a sprawling complex of 78 machines using 267 Speed2 modules and drawing 293 MW of power to produce 4.17 solid fuel per minute.
  • 7 Growth facilities
  • 14 Genetics Laboratories
  • 19 Biochemical laboratories (3 for Basic Oil Processing since we don't want to haul water)
  • 19 Decontamination facilities
  • 3 Fuel refineries
  • 3 Supercomputers
  • 5 Recycling facilities
  • 3 Space manufactories
To feed this, you'll need (per minute):
  • 22.83 barrels of petroleum gas
  • 84.3 advanced circuits
  • 222 glass
  • 361 iron plates
  • 23 empty barrels
  • and a little bit of sulphur (or water and a smidge more petro to make it on site)
The glass and iron could easily come from mining if you're setting up in an asteroid field. If you add in core fragment processing, you could cover the water needed for advanced oil processing and heavy oil cracking as well as supplement the crude oil production, but exactly how that changes the equations is left as an exercise to the reader. Core fragment production is too slow to rely on reasonably, IMO.

The factory also produces an excess of 2338 cosmic water per minute (46.76 barrels), which is where the empty barrels come in. I have no idea how to sink this extra fluid. Maybe in a full 4-science production facility, this is balanced by consumption elsewhere. I haven't gotten that far in my own game.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hi,
As mentioned on Discord, the condenser turbines in the setup are stuck at 99.9 steam and won't produce power.

I have tried lifting up and putting down the turbines by hand when they have stopped and they end up running for a few cycles before stopping. The number of cycles before stalling is indeterminate. I have also mined and built by hand the heat exchangers with no effect.

I have not run any other mods except your mods. so no nanobots / bluebuild / creative mod etc.
I started playing with S.E. 0.1.61 (and supporting mods) and upgraded to 0.1.84 when I noticed the issue in hopes that it may have been fixed.

Thanks for the awesome mod.
Attachments
SpaceExploration.zip
(16.91 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

Kaiku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kaiku »

This mod looks amazing. Fantastic work! I'm currently in the middle of a playthrough so I'm giving it a bit, but I can already tell that I will enjoy this a lot.

I was wondering if these different worlds also had different day/night cycles? (Is such a thing even possible?)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

0.1.87 and 0.1.86,
0.1.85 bug 1.1.84
work oldest
2019-06-06_17-09-38.png
2019-06-06_17-09-38.png (38.68 KiB) Viewed 8204 times
Find 2 bug conflicts in
AII Industry 0.3.19 0.17

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Planning on any integration with Angel and Bob in the future? Because I am a masochist. :lol: :twisted:

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

It's a wonderful mod with so many cool feature's i din't think was possible to mod into the game.
In general it feels a to grindy. I like when I have to build complex stuff but the space stuff is to expensive and take to much planning and resources to setup. It's also hard to get good bot's to build all the stuff. I like when it's easy to build complex things.
So I suggests
1. To lower the science pack requirement for bots and bot upgrades. (Requester chests could be even harder to get to and be nerfed (like 1 request slot) if you want to balance it up.
2. Make space machines and space things cheaper.

Small stuff that would be good if fixed (you are probably already aware of it)
1. There is no triangle to show liquid input in alt mode for the rocket silo. (took me some time to figure out the input works to refuel even with no icon...)
2. Closing various dialog boxes don't work with Esc as the vanilla dialogue (is there any other way to close them?)

An another annoying thing you probably have to be solve in the base game is how to change request when travel from planet to orbit. I have to remove the request so I don't take space stuff with me down to the planet and then I need request different stuff (so it takes a loot of clicking and fixing that sort of stuff to play the mod)

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Xelan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm
First of all: Awesome work. Might have been an expansion by the devs, but nope, it's a mod :shock:

But how do I use liquids like lubricant in space? Need those to produce cosmic water and the like. I can't build pumps in orbit to empty barrels, so I don't see how I'm supposed to get usable forms of liquid into space.
I'm quite sure there is a way, but I don't see it. :(
You can empty barrels with the space assembly machines. You can recycle some of the stuff needed to produce the science packs in space so you don't need to ferry up that extreme amount of resources.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

The technology cycle error occurs with ScienceCostTweaker. No conflicts occur when it's disabled despite the other mods in the error.

Error

ravenbs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ravenbs »

Need Help for Biosludge:

After a long long long time of playing this great mod, I still figured no way out for automating Biosludge:

- Producing trees on the ground is not possible
- Producing Trees or Fish in space is a net consumer of biosludge and does not create one

So the only way is to harvest Trees/Fish by hand and send it 10K per Rocket to space and consume it. No way to automate this, because trees/Fish can not produced in a way what consumes less Biosludge as it creates.

Any tipps? Have I done something wrong?

Return to “Mods”