[MOD 0.11.7] Offshore Dump (1.0.1)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.11.7] Offshore Dump (1.0.1)

Post by Kirk »

Need to get rid of all that pesky light oil? Why not act like a true industrial, and dump it all in the lake! But beware, the pollution of dumping anything other than water will turn this thing into a total biter magnet.

http://www.w00tass.com/dump/factorio/of ... _1.0.1.zip

Known issues:
  • Offshore dumps give off light during the night. I was unable to fix this.
  • Offshore dumps display an iron plate icon when the overlay view is enabled. Try to ignore it.
Changelog:
    • Fixed a small issue due to new placement calculations in 0.11.7.
    • Added the Offshore Dump. It can be placed similar to an offshore pump, but will act as a liquid sink instead of as a source. If anything other than water is fed to the dump, it will produce 100 pollution. It is available as a starting technology, and costs one pipe and five gear wheels.
Last edited by Kirk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Offshore Dump (1.0.0)

Post by KrzysD »

Great mod! You should make one to burn off liquids like they do for oil fields.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

you can take a dump in there to deflate and then to introduce the technology of waste-to-energy

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Something about this isn't working after I load my save. To be more precise, it works till I save/load. Simply removing and placing the dump again gets things going. (Maybe because it was running when I saved? I'll experiment with a clean save later and work out some reproduction steps if I can.)

EDIT: Weather it was on or off doesn't matter. Once I load a save I have to remove and replace all the dumps before any of them will operate.
Last edited by MasterBuilder on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Fitheach
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fitheach »

I have some Troubles getting this mod working in Mp am i doing something wrong or is the mod just not working in Mp (yet), hopefully)

The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

Can you do this in vanilla with a boiler into steam engines?

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

Well, save/load and multiplayer have always been the more complex parts of modmaking, and as this was my first one that wasn't really... high priority.

I'm quite busy with work but maybe I can look into it sometime.

BlackMoon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlackMoon »

I would love to see this support Dytech 'cleaned' water, in that dumping clean water would lower pollution.

Ackbarspiff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ackbarspiff »

This looks promising. It will help you get rid of the water when making stone/sand.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

BlackMoon wrote:I would love to see this support Dytech 'cleaned' water, in that dumping clean water would lower pollution.
I asked Bob about something similar, turns out pollution is locked to a single value for a building, rather than being dependent on its recipe, so this isn't really possible at the moment.

If clean water is anything like normal water, you should be able to pipe it unheated into a steam engine, which will just consume it since it has no inherent energy so can't be wasted.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

The dump produces pollution by running an invisible furnace. Theoretically this allows swapping in the required furnace for the required pollution amount.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

I am still using 0.10.12, so would it be possible to still give a link to the older version? I seriously need this, and am not fortunate enough to update yet (dad is admin on my computer and lost his password :evil: :x )

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

MrDrummer wrote:I am still using 0.10.12, so would it be possible to still give a link to the older version? I seriously need this, and am not fortunate enough to update yet (dad is admin on my computer and lost his password :evil: :x )
If you use the non-installer version and copy your saves from your current version (0.10.x) into the extracted version (extracted/saves/save1.zip) then you can use the updated version without having to have the admin password.

Alternatively you can use this (Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor) to overwrite the admin account password.
It's a live CD. It can overwrite any local user password with a new one. It WILL invalidate any and all saved passwords for that user and it will not work for any domain account. (The user must be in the local SAM. [Security accounts manager])

Disclaimer: Use responsibly. I fix PCs for a living.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

rioninnimo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.7] Offshore Dump (1.0.1)

Post by rioninnimo »

Mmm , new ways to pollute environment and waste resources on global scale. :twisted:

the_noisies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_noisies »

MasterBuilder wrote:Something about this isn't working after I load my save. To be more precise, it works till I save/load. Simply removing and placing the dump again gets things going. (Maybe because it was running when I saved? I'll experiment with a clean save later and work out some reproduction steps if I can.)

EDIT: Weather it was on or off doesn't matter. Once I load a save I have to remove and replace all the dumps before any of them will operate.

Same here. I have to replace all the pumps every time I load the game. Is there a way to fix this?

PS. Love this mod - brings biters and spitters in from all over the map by pumping oil into a lake!

EurypteriD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EurypteriD »

If you only need petroleum use the tech and convert it to petrolium instead of dumping it. Or convert to solid fuel to power Boilers or furnances.

Sorry i dont see a need for a mod like this perhaps for other liquids that mods adds but not for the vanilla.
Let's Play Youtube Channel

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

maybe not a need, but it gives the player an option which is meaningful, which they did not have before installing the mod. That makes it a good one, IMO.

Its also a great way to get rid of for example red mud from NARMod.

Daxxed
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Daxxed »

Fixed for 0.12.25+

It might not be the prettiest fix, but for now it works. I have only yet tested it for a few minutes though.
Attachments
entity.lua
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
control.lua
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

der krieger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by der krieger »

when i put it in my mods file and ran the game it did not work and informed me that this mod was the problem. this mod looks great and i would love to use it so pleas help

Return to “Mods”