[MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.7

Post by L0771 »

I builded for... years here, i have everything, this world is mine, but i can't continue...
This mod contains

Mines:
- Cursed drill evolve with pollution and electricity, if haven't one of these cursed drill can regress
- Cursed drill only can be obtained by talents, if it is destroyed, you lose this cursed drill
- Cursed drill consumes pollution, each level consumes more pollution
- Cursed drill has a start but haven't a finish (Level 50, but i only can up to level 8 ...)
- Can see experience of each one in builds > mines interface

Turrets:
- Works like the mines
- Don't uses ammo or electricity, but have less damage at low level

Blood:
- When you kill, enemy's blood continues with life.
- You need a blood tank to call the living blood and store this
- Living blood "run" to your tanks
- Each blood tank has 64 x 64 of range
- Blood is deleted after 5min

Talents:
- You gain a talent each general level (unbalanced)
- You can exchange all talents, but is expensive
- You can create talents, but is sooo slow (needs TreeFarm by drs9999)
- You need 10 talent parts, each one cost 5 litres of blood (You can produce more with talents 4)
- Each talent is so OP

Donation:
- You can give your blood to tanks.
- Each 50 health points, deposit 2.5 litres of blood
- You can donate 2 times for day

Trees:
- Cursed tree can be created with a normal seed and 1 litre of blood
- Takes about 1 day to grow
- Harvesting gives a heart
- A heart produce 1.2 litres of blood (unbalanced?)
- Cursed tree produce pollution.
- Cursed trees are ugly

Only gain experience if you work with my items :3
Commands
To Do list
Special thanks to
- rk84 (very helpful responses)
- drs9999 (Make TreeFarm)
- Roricorn (Bugs report and solutions)

Require TreeFarm

I worked much hard on this mod, please comment what you thinks, if you have a better code, a better name, a better style, or something who you think should be different, i really appreciate.
My first mod ^^

Download:
For Factorio 0.11.3 - Cursed Exp v0.0.7
Changelog
Last edited by L0771 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:15 am, edited 18 times in total.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.1

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can you pack your mod in a zip, please? factorio can only read zips.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Is ready, thank you.

Darhak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darhak »

Welp, it seems the mod didn't like when you open a stat (mining for example) when another is already opened (Factorio freeze, then crash).

Crazy and awesome starting mod :)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

i sometimes have this problem, usually at 5 or 6 time when i click a stat, i'm working on it now.

EDIT: I was missing an "e", no more crashes.
Fixed on v0.0.2

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.3

Post by L0771 »

v0.0.3
- Growth time halved
- Now can upgrade turrets (Max level 50) - Gains exp killing enemies and loses every minute
- Can change the name's mines and turrets
- Mines animation changed
- Can craft blood potions with hearts for healing
- Kill enemies generates pollution
- Now starts with 10 talents level 1
- Multiplayer supported ... i'm not sure
I can't test multiplayer, i have no friends :cry:

Old drill, changing then name

New drill:

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiapha »

Keep getting an error when trying to load an old world with this mod active. Does it only work on new games?
"Error while running the event handler: ...\Factorio\mods\Cursed-Exp_0.0.3|control.lua:467: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Kiapha wrote:Keep getting an error when trying to load an old world with this mod active. Does it only work on new games?
"Error while running the event handler: ...\Factorio\mods\Cursed-Exp_0.0.3|control.lua:467: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
Thanks you, fixed on v0.0.4 (should be fixed)
v0.0.4

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.4

Post by Kiapha »

Thanks for the quick patch, I will check it out after work and see if I can find anything else. Looks interesting, certainly want to see how it plays.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Kiapha wrote:Thanks for the quick patch, I will check it out after work and see if I can find anything else. Looks interesting, certainly want to see how it plays.
Thanks you for report, i don't play since I started with this mod

I have problems with GUI and load stats in MP (after reconect) and a problem with game core in singleplayer (player.name = ""), but you can play without problems

Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Roricorn »

some bugs
Anyway, great mod.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.5

Post by L0771 »

Roricorn wrote:
some bugs
Anyway, great mod.
Thanks you very much, is really helpful!
i add, when destroy a turret crash because on event when destroy tower, need change all "1" for "2" on guis names, and i forget a ".name" on getplayerbyname, all other code is perfect, better than my code, and faster, and optimal, and pretty... :cry:

Updated v0.0.5
v0.0.5
For all: Not is needed explicit report of bugs, or whatever, if you thinks something may be different, please write me, i really appreciate all you can comment me.

Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Roricorn »

No problem. Glad to help.
Some bugs still occures

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Roricorn wrote:No problem. Glad to help.
Some bugs still occures

:lol: sorry for that, yesterday i've uploaded a version without this bug, but same name and i made the mistake with the names...
Thanks you for report.

i've changed link, i'm now working for multiplayer.

Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Roricorn »

If you need someone to test multiplayer
with
i'd be glad to help.
Argentina is kinda far though
yet again

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Thanks Roricorn, I'm using a simulated multiplayer, I think i can't play online, I don't know where are you but Argentina have a very bad international service... [Random click to Europe] (I pay 12mb)

The problem now is that it work but don't know why... I tried to copy this code, but after a few hours i downloaded the v0.0.5 and starts again with my own code (i don't feel good when I copy a code when it doesn't works for me)
Some pics
Obviusly have a lot of bugs, but it works for now... In a time i'll upload 0.0.6, i need a little test of some talents, mines and turrets

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.3] Cursed Exp - v0.0.6

Post by L0771 »

A very big update v0.0.6 for MP, but have some desyncs still... I don't know why, and if i don't print on load this crash, and sometimes crash when I do nothing... I blink and crash again.
v0.0.6
More bugs...

Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Roricorn »

The non-multiplayer seems stable so far. About multi, you've said it yourself.
Yet, you can break your tool or, if its intentional, you don't have "bought" tool/armour at the begining of each game. Also, what do you think of self-repair items? Tier 5 talent. +(1-100)% to all items in inventry durability each 3 hrs?

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiapha »

Seems I broke it again. I have two blood tanks connected together at an outpost to try to harvest blood at high speed. The outermost is fine, but when I mine the one on the inside of the outpost I get an error.

"\Cursed-Exp_0.0.6|control.lua:614:attempt to index field '?'(a nil value)"

Other than that, I have not found any bugs, though I am curious as to how to get more turrets/mines, as it shows a limit of two when I start, and at the moment somehow went to four? Very confused on that one.

Edit: Found another one. Wearing plain old iron armor and it broke during an attack when the durability on the armor wore out.
"\Cursed-Exp_0.0.6|control.lua:767:attempt to index field '?'(a nil value)"
I then reloaded the save and made a second suit of armor, and it turns out it only crashes if your last set of armor runs out.

Edit again: Might be a mod conflict, not sure, but I started using the mod's armor after leveling it up to level 12. The three bottom-most rows of its inventory do not allow placement of items into them, though items can overlap into them from the rows above. When it reaches 8x10, only the bottom two are unusable. Not sure about any higher than that. Mods that may impact it: dytech, advancedequipment.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Roricorn wrote:The non-multiplayer seems stable so far. About multi, you've said it yourself.
Yet, you can break your tool or, if its intentional, you don't have "bought" tool/armour at the begining of each game. Also, what do you think of self-repair items? Tier 5 talent. +(1-100)% to all items in inventry durability each 3 hrs?
Since v0.0.5 you can buy a new axe or armor with 1 Tier 1 talent, if you have a good tool (level 50 or better) don't break easy. And Tier 5 talent is so expensive. You only can lose your items using it, if you gives your tool to other player, this tool is removed.
And I like more "Tier 1" than "Level 1".
Kiapha wrote:Seems I broke it again. I have two blood tanks connected together at an outpost to try to harvest blood at high speed. The outermost is fine, but when I mine the one on the inside of the outpost I get an error.

"\Cursed-Exp_0.0.6|control.lua:614:attempt to index field '?'(a nil value)"

Other than that, I have not found any bugs, though I am curious as to how to get more turrets/mines, as it shows a limit of two when I start, and at the moment somehow went to four? Very confused on that one.

Edit: Found another one. Wearing plain old iron armor and it broke during an attack when the durability on the armor wore out.
"\Cursed-Exp_0.0.6|control.lua:767:attempt to index field '?'(a nil value)"
I then reloaded the save and made a second suit of armor, and it turns out it only crashes if your last set of armor runs out.

Edit again: Might be a mod conflict, not sure, but I started using the mod's armor after leveling it up to level 12. The three bottom-most rows of its inventory do not allow placement of items into them, though items can overlap into them from the rows above. When it reaches 8x10, only the bottom two are unusable. Not sure about any higher than that. Mods that may impact it: dytech, advancedequipment.
Thanks for report, all bugs has been fixed, this problem with armor is the same if you mine without tools, fixed now
Blood tanks has 64 x 64 of range, you can have a blood tank every 64 blocks

The problem with armors, no is a problem with mods, is a core problem, you only can use square grids (ej 5x5,8x8,6x6), fixed.
Dytech is compatible with 0.11.13? i don't installed because i believed it shouldn't be compatible with 0.11.13 and my mod don't works with 0.11.12
v0.0.7
I repairs the grid of armors and I upload this version

I have other problem, this mod can be perfect, without crashed, very completed, but i have a problem with resources used...
I like all mods, i has some like 30 mods installed...

NOTE: This mod not works with replicator, i have no idea why.

EDIT: You can buy more mines and turrets every 5 updates, you can have a max of 12 mines and 12 turrets, but you need pollution if you want betters mines, but every mine level 50 is like... Dytech's Mining drill MK6 x2.5 :o

EDIT again: v0.0.7 reupload, after upload I had a little problem with a puddle blood. Fixed :lol:

Return to “Mods”