[MOD 0.17]AE Industries Sentry Guns

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.17]AE Industries Sentry Guns

Post by MnHebi »

Description:
Presenting to you the Automated Extermination Industries Sentry Guns. As of now we can offer you the Series 352 Automated Sentry Gun, that fires 10x28mm explosive tipped caseless rounds. Craftable with the most basic materials, these completely automated sentry guns can turn 90 degrees to either left, or right of their initial facing. Their magazines hold 100 cartridges each, however bear in mind they will deplete them quickly as they fire 18.3 rounds a second, and their range is rather short, they are designed for defending key locations. Do not deploy these units behind walls or other objects that may block their line of fire, they will hit them.

Cartridges which hold the rounds, and magazines are crafted separately. Cartridges, and magazines are not compatible with other turrets, and cannot be outfitted into handheld weaponry.

Thanks to darkfrei for providing the Blender render scenes & various other help that led to the creation of this mod.
Thanks to Arch666Angel for the icon for wood breadboard circuit(sourced from viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40923#p241737 )
Thanks to Bilka for providing technical assistance
Thanks to Boodals for providing technical assistance

Bear in mind there might be some bugs.

Details:
  • Name:AE Industries Sentry Guns
  • Latest Release:v1.1.1 July 4th 2019
  • Factorio Version: 0.17
  • Download: Here
Changelog
To-Do
Last edited by MnHebi on Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:19 am, edited 17 times in total.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16]AE Industries Sentry Guns

Post by Sworn »

Nice work!

If possible, add a check to bob, angel, pyaddon mods, if they are present, reduce the circuit level required, otherwise it became late tech :(.

I think you need to look only for bobs, as angel and pyaddon work on top of it

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

Sworn wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:36 pm
as angel and pyaddon work on top of it
Well Pyanodon also works totally solo these days. But I'll look into that Bob's recipe change.

[edit]And as of now V 1.0.3 is on the mod portal that alters the recipe on the presence of Bob's Electronics so it requires basic circuit boards.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Sup! Thanks

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

The HR graphics now load, there are still some issues with the muzzle flare positioning but that will take me a while to sort out...very hard to look how off it is when you are being attacked by biters. :x

[edit]Come next version the bug with multiple muzzle flare graphics is fixed, and the muzzle flare is properly aligned. Also, low res sprites will be revised to be twice the size they are now.

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17]AE Industries Sentry Guns

Post by MnHebi »

Just to update, I am working on the next version of the mod with two additional Sentry Guns, but atm I am fighting Blender on how to get the "mask" parts on the models to render without anything else being visible except their shadows on the mask parts(everything else but mask should be transparent but still cast a shadow like they were there so the mask is shaded properly). These "mask" parts are needed to get the Sentry Guns to color certain parts of themselves according to which player they belong to just like the Factorio Gun Turret.
Attachments
s604_s354_s352.png
s604_s354_s352.png (44.71 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17]AE Industries Sentry Guns

Post by Deadlock989 »

MnHebi wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:20 pm
Just to update, I am working on the next version of the mod with two additional Sentry Guns, but atm I am fighting Blender on how to get the "mask" parts on the models to render without anything else being visible except their shadows on the mask parts(everything else but mask should be transparent but still cast a shadow like they were there so the mask is shaded properly). These "mask" parts are needed to get the Sentry Guns to color certain parts of themselves according to which player they belong to just like the Factorio Gun Turret.
I do it by turning on the MaterialIndex pass and giving the material on the colourable part of the turret a specific index, and then masking it off and outputting a separate file in the compositor.
Attachments
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png (76.87 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (46.09 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (147.07 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Return to “Mods”