[MOD 0.11.22] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.7

Post by Kane »

Any chance this might works or be able to work with trains.

Say I have few coal trains and 3 main base coal train stations named the same. As now if one is in first close station next train most the time goes to the 2nd station etc. Be cool instead that it just sends trains to 1 then 2 then 3. Sort of round robin back and forth to equal the unloading load. Not sure if this is possible but this mod seems to be close to something logical like that.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Kane wrote:Any chance this might works or be able to work with trains.

Say I have few coal trains and 3 main base coal train stations named the same. As now if one is in first close station next train most the time goes to the 2nd station etc. Be cool instead that it just sends trains to 1 then 2 then 3. Sort of round robin back and forth to equal the unloading load. Not sure if this is possible but this mod seems to be close to something logical like that.
Unfortuntely, no. While you can link an omni-actuator to a train engine, it only works once. Once it goes from false to true, and the train leaves, the link breaks. It does not reconnect when the train returns.

If it did, this would be quite easy to do. Honestly it makes me sad.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Kane wrote:Any chance this might works or be able to work with trains.

Unfortuntely, no. While you can link an omni-actuator to a train engine, it only works once. Once it goes from false to true, and the train leaves, the link breaks. It does not reconnect when the train returns.

If it did, this would be quite easy to do. Honestly it makes me sad.
Ahh that sucks. Thanks for the info on it and why it is not possible. Maybe in the future.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Any work being done on this? The gate keeps disconnecting on one end

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

I decided to put together an unofficial patch for the next version (0.3.8).

Issues fixed:
  • Entities created are no longer of the enemy force.
  • Actuators will properly deactivate newly built targets without state change.
  • Actuators don't forget about trains (when the train left the actuator would set its target to the rail and since the rail would never move or get destroyed it would never go back to the train).
  • Actuators don't mess with moving trains (don't want to stop short of the train stop)
  • Fix for 0.11.10 from zaubara.
Feel free to use this patch in any way as long as attribution is given.
vedrit wrote:Any work being done on this? The gate keeps disconnecting on one end
Doing something so that multi-tile gates can get controlled from 1 actuator would take more work than I'm willing to put in for very little benefit that I can see.
Attachments
Smart-Circuit-Systems_0.3.8.zip
(226.23 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.8

Post by Kikkers »

Just bumping the thread to announce the unofficial patch as the new official version (thanks again for helping, pyrolytic_tungsten ).

kwstoudt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kwstoudt »

pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:Issues fixed:
  • Actuators don't forget about trains (when the train left the actuator would set its target to the rail and since the rail would never move or get destroyed it would never go back to the train).
  • Actuators don't mess with moving trains (don't want to stop short of the train stop)
The actuator for me is still forgetting about the train. I am using version 0.3.8 with factorio 0.11.22. I can get it to switch the train's state once, but that's it until I break and replace it.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

kwstoudt wrote:
pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:Issues fixed:
The actuator for me is still forgetting about the train. I am using version 0.3.8 with factorio 0.11.22. I can get it to switch the train's state once, but that's it until I break and replace it.

Odd. A couple thoughts come to mind:
  • Is the train at least temporarily coming to a stop due to a train stop/signal? The actuator doesn't deactivate trains unless they've stopped for a moment to prevent trains from stopping short at train stops. If a train stopped short you would end up with inserters that normally remove cargo removing fuel from the train.
  • Are the tracks modded? I'll admit that the rail detection I made isn't flexible at the moment. It would be an easy fix.
If neither of those are the case I think I'd need a save to figure out what's going on.

kwstoudt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kwstoudt »

Tracks aren't modded. Train is on auto-mode with no signal blocks.

Attached is my save file.

Mods in use:
Alien Science 0.0.6
Belts+ 0.0.2
RecyclingPlant 1.0.0
Smart-Circuit-Systems 0.3.8

You'll probably have to go through my base to get to the train. I logged off at the very bottom of my base. Train is at the top end. I also removed the actuator.
Attachments
My_World.zip
World Save
(5.77 MiB) Downloaded 158 times

kwstoudt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kwstoudt »

any update on what's wrong with the mod/my save?

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Some of the components of this mod aren't available in vanilla alpha 12, so there's still a very great need for an updated version of this mod.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Unfortunately, this mod is abandoned.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

vedrit wrote:Unfortunately, this mod is abandoned.
That sucks. A lot!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

That seems rather judgmental and premature.
.12 just came out 2 days ago.
If the people working on it don't check on a daily basis, then it's unreasonable to expect that they would have a patch already ready for release.
Furthermore, they could be waiting for the initial bugpatch frenzy to die down, like we had in .11.x

Officially, the mod's original author had abandoned this long ago, but several more people have since released updates, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more forthcoming.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:Doing something so that multi-tile gates can get controlled from 1 actuator would take more work than I'm willing to put in for very little benefit that I can see.
While you're right, n9103, people do put out patches, but they may not, and have not, gotten the mod working 100% after game updates.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Since the underlying mechanics weren't possible to implement in any traditional fashion, it shouldn't be a surprise that they broke sometimes.
But if you knew the handful of specific situations to avoid, it worked as well as any other mod.

I suppose most/all of this is a moot point since most of it is going to be in vanilla.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

We might have to wait for 0.12 to be bugfixed and then the steam release which i'm sure will take the devs focus and then for 0.13 to be released before we see the features of this mod added to vanilla. I would really love access to the accumulator and the smaller drain/fill detecting accumulators but honestly the most important to me is being able to disconnect parts of a power or r/g network with a switch. I really hope we can at least get that functionality restored before 0.13 as it is crucial for the type of factories I want to set up and adds a real level of complexity that i'm sure the reviewers who will flood into the factorio community during the steam release will really enjoy.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

therapist wrote:We might have to wait for 0.12 to be bugfixed and then the steam release which i'm sure will take the devs focus and then for 0.13 to be released before we see the features of this mod added to vanilla. I would really love access to the accumulator and the smaller drain/fill detecting accumulators but honestly the most important to me is being able to disconnect parts of a power or r/g network with a switch. I really hope we can at least get that functionality restored before 0.13 as it is crucial for the type of factories I want to set up and adds a real level of complexity that i'm sure the reviewers who will flood into the factorio community during the steam release will really enjoy.
I'm with you on that. It was the biggest part of my factories.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

My newest plan is to hook up some of those 1 unit of charge accumulators to my perimeter turret defense and then hook those accumulators up to some of those new fangled mathy boxes and create a sort of "threat level" indicator. Every time a turret fires, the drain will cause the "power drain detector" from that section of turrets to send a signal to a mathcombinator setup which counts up (with a gradual cool down) until the electrical drain on that turret section ends.

I hope I described this right, but essentially my base will be able to detect power draining from turret sections, add up a value for every second (tick) of drainage, and then compare that number to a variety of other values (accumulator storage, time until dawn, factory drain). The ultimate goal is to have the factory shut down during giant biter attacks at night, but ONLY if the biter attack is large enough or the power reserves are low enough and eventually change a perimeter wall into a self detecting, self accessing layer of skin.

I might be an insane person now, thanks factorio!

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

That's actually a really awesome idea. Heck, why have it limited to just night-time operation?

Return to “Mods”