https://gfycat.com/PoliticalInbornBeauceron
race.png
race.png (562.76 KiB) Viewed 6426 times

WASSERAN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] [Z] Adventure

Post by WASSERAN »

Just updated the mod and now i'm getting this. NOTE: I've destroyed a chest in the center of a maze, instead of taking all from it and recieved some error in the previous version of the mod. Maybe that caused this bug
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.28 - 22.53.30.75.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.28 - 22.53.30.75.png (4.24 MiB) Viewed 6370 times

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

WASSERAN wrote:Just updated the mod and now i'm getting this. NOTE: I've destroyed a chest in the center of a maze, instead of taking all from it and recieved some error in the previous version of the mod. Maybe that caused this bug
Updated to 2.16.4. Now it's should just lead to disable area.

WASSERAN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WASSERAN »

ZlovreD wrote:
WASSERAN wrote:Just updated the mod and now i'm getting this. NOTE: I've destroyed a chest in the center of a maze, instead of taking all from it and recieved some error in the previous version of the mod. Maybe that caused this bug
Updated to 2.16.4. Now it's should just lead to disable area.
The message stopped appearing. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

i have no idea how a single one of them works...
the only things i got were some blueprints and a random "battery mk7" recipe discovery (from the bigger batteries mod, so its quite pointless if you don't have mk5 and mk6 yet)
the maze gave me nothing (maybe because biters attacked it)
the chest between the mines was empty (or maybe you shouldnt attack the signs and stop your personal laser defense from attacking it)
the "west lab" doesnt do anything, no matter what i do.
on the screenshots you had some item and a countdown, but mine doesnt have that.
i hate being such a noob to say that but the mod quite frustrates me..
Attachments
wtf.png
wtf.png (902.89 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

ownlyme wrote:i have no idea how a single one of them works...
the only things i got were some blueprints and a random "battery mk7" recipe discovery (from the bigger batteries mod, so its quite pointless if you don't have mk5 and mk6 yet)
This one give a chance to discover a new recipe w/o technology. Recipes randomly choising from all not yet unlocked from vanilla and from all installed mods.
So yes, there may be a situations when you can't bring proper ingredients to unlock choised recipe. In this cases you can use coins instead.
ownlyme wrote:the maze gave me nothing (maybe because biters attacked it)
Maze and almost all other areas is neutral against other forces by default, so aliens shouldn't attack it. And if it damaged somehow (by players or by aliens, who tried to pass througt it)- it gift you with coal.
ownlyme wrote:the chest between the mines was empty (or maybe you shouldnt attack the signs and stop your personal laser defense from attacking it)
It's happens, rarely. If it happens often or all the time - that means something goes wrong and i need you log file to figure out what is wrong.
ownlyme wrote:the "west lab" doesnt do anything, no matter what i do.
Labs must be yours by default and allow to use it to research new techs.
Did you try to rebuild it ?

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

->Labs must be yours by default and allow to use it to research new techs.
->Did you try to rebuild it ?
what do you mean by rebuild it? its undeconstructable

->Maze and almost all other areas is neutral against other forces by default, so aliens shouldn't attack it.
->And if it damaged somehow (by players or by aliens, who tried to pass througt it)- it gift you with coal.
biters always destroy at least a few walls of it when i'm near, probably because of their pathfinding
but it never gave me coal or anything. do you have to do something except to reach the middle?

i will try disabling all other mods..

edit: after disabling all mods and entering the maze i'm getting line 630: attempt to index field ? (on chunk generated)#
edit2: after fixing the bug and reaching the middle, still nothing happens...
this is what i changed the line to:

Code: Select all

if not f.technologies[t] or not f.technologies[t].valid or not f.technologies[t].researched then
and:
if f.technologies[t] and f.technologies[t].valid and not f.technologies[t].researched then
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(21.55 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

Could you, please, enter this commands into console:
/zadv_errors
/zadv_dump
And then upload "factorio-current.log" from game root folder (for retail version) or from C:\Users\$USERNAME$\AppData\Roaming\Factorio (for steam version)

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

I tried this mod. Then soon I discovered the layout that looked like your screen shot for "High-tech laboratory ready for all your needs. Just add some resources.."

Seeing as the input arrows on the left-had side were new to me, I had NO IDEA what to do with this thing. Do I pipe conveyors up to them? Does it matter if I pipe the wrong item in the wrong channel?

Your mod sounds intriguing and I would like to try it some more, but without an intuitive interface, or some guided direction, the player is going to get frustrated like I did and lose hope.

Specifically, how do I make this lab setup work, and what is better about if from 30 labs I might happen to have working already in my base? And what's to stop me from picking up all this stuff and bringing it home with me to re-purpose?

Are the four solar panels sufficient to power 30 labs with as many inserters, especially with no accumulators? Seems I have to wire this up to power first.

DarkxAxngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DarkxAxngel »

Me and my friend have desync sadly problems. We have all Bobs Mods + Factorismo2 and More Achivements and your mod running.

The first hours were running fine and we saw already stuff from your mod, but after 7 hours play and restart my friend gets a desync becasue he is loading a secound map which is about 30 mb big. Is there a way to fix that?

We already disabled mods to determine that is Z Adventure causing this.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

0.17?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] [Z] Adventure

Post by ZlovreD »

News:
- 0.17 update.

BigWolfUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BigWolfUK »

With exchanges posts I don't see any chests in the area, am I experiencing a bug, or am I meant to do something specific?

BigWolfUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BigWolfUK »

Can ignore my previous, can see that it's timed

But do have 2 bugs to report with the race track, plus another question

1. Racing on red car beating 54 seconds will always set last time to best lap, even if you had a better lap prior.

2. When driving a normal car anywhere near the race track, it auto deletes it - sometimes puts it in to your inventory, often it doesn't, and it's just gone

As for my question, is it possible to change prizes for the race without starting a new save? So far it seems to be the only way for me to change them

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Hey. I was trying out the mod, and it seems pretty interesting so far. The defaults generated way too many things for me, but I can turn the base down to one percent, which seems more reasonable.

The [Z] Adventure Ruins extension, though, has a minimum rate of five percent for the biggest of the spawns. Again, way too frequent for my tastes, but also the minimum it supported. It'd be nice to let that go down to one percent too.

I'm much more looking for a tiny bit of spice added, rather than a huge revamp making the game all about the ruins and not much else.

Oh, and a final request: I'd prefer that the loaders didn't show up in ruins either. I can ignore them myself, of course, but I wondered if you might consider an option to remove them or something?

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

In case the mod portal still isn't notifying you (though I think it should now) myself and others have been getting this showing up every second or so:

ZAdventure/areas.lua:2034: attempt to call global 'switchGUI' (a nil value)

KroshkaRoo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KroshkaRoo »

Hello! Need to update mod for actual version Factorio

KroshkaRoo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KroshkaRoo »

It has error

Error while running event ZAdventure::on_chunk_generated (ID 12)
__ZAdventure__/control.lua:631: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__ZAdventure__/control.lua:631: in function 'GetRandomArea'
	__ZAdventure__/control.lua:1028: in function <__ZAdventure__/control.lua:1000>

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

The mod has gone AWOL .. last activity accoring to the profile is .. Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Return to “Mods”