[MOD 0.16.x] Factorio Extended Plus

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Hottemax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Factorio Extended Plus

Post by Hottemax »

Confirmed, logistics are broken (new GUI?)

xCarJx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xCarJx »

that and logistics techs, i checked the Github page and someone already programmed the fixes but its pending the approval from the repository owner, so its just a waiting time i think

sivy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sivy »

Hi,

I recently discovered you mod and sorry if I'm asking stupid question but could you explain difference between Beacon MK1, 2 and 3? As far I see there is no range and modules capacity difference.

xCarJx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xCarJx »

since im keeping an eye on the thread im gonna answer

that mod was made by someone else if im not mistaken

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorioE ... lus-Module

not sure where to contact the other modder

jeckelbros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jeckelbros »

sivy wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi,

I recently discovered you mod and sorry if I'm asking stupid question but could you explain difference between Beacon MK1, 2 and 3? As far I see there is no range and modules capacity difference.
MK2 and 3 beacons have increased transmission rate of modules. 2 has a 75% broadcast of modules, and 3 has a 100% broadcast of whatever modules are in it. Been a minute since I played FE+, but these should be right iirc. Hope this helps. Cheers

splee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by splee »

So Factorio Extended Plus is cool, I like the way it adds to the gameplay but not to the learning curve, and makes the Upgrade Planner really worthwhile. I ended up with some balance / pacing notes after a couple of playthroughs though.

Gun Turrets 2 is a really strong tech.

Like, way strong. Gun Turrets 2 give x2 RoF and +50% damage modifier for a total of 3x damage output vs T1 Turrets, and at x1.5 range(ish). The Shattering Bullet Magazine does x2 damage over Red ammo, for a total x6 damage boost to turrets available from a single & fairly accessible blue science tech, which is just really strong.

The Shattering Ammo gives so much more DPS for so few extra resources that it's never not worth using as soon as you can. It takes 12 ore to make one Piercing Bullet Magazine (or 17 in Expensive Mode because steel), then just 4 more to double that DPS into Shattering Bullet Magazine. And some acid, but whatever, acid is cheap, 2 titanium & 2 copper is just a really strong cost efficient way of doubling red ammo DPS, you'll never not do that.

Gun Turrets 2 also gives the best-in-game shotgun loadout when Military 3 gives you the combat shotgun. This is a really strong combat power spike at Blue Science, and also makes Vanilla Piercing Shotgun Shells completely useless.

So maybe Gun Turrets 2 could be reorganised as a tech, maybe split up, maybe recosted?

Mechanical engineer is a really strong tech.

There are so many things in that one tech, it's quite possibly worth splitting out into eg
  • Research Engineer: labs & radar
  • Metallurgical Engineer: mining drills & smelters
  • Mechanical Engineer: assemblers (and centrifuges?)
Mechanical Engineer 1 also costing the same science colours as Automation 3 - and with no other intermediate products to research - makes it very accessible. Most of my playthroughs I end up customising an upgrade planner to skip either Assembly Machine 3 or Assembly Machine 4 because the Mechanical Engineer techs are just right there.

(And continuing the engineering theme, Oil Processing 2 could get rebranded Petrochemical Engineer, but whatever, just cosmetic.)

Turret research costings

Laser Turrets 2 and Flamethrower Turrets 2 are also blue science, which along with Gun Turrets 2 means that nearly best in game static defenses arrive ... at blue science. That seems way too early in the game, and the only other later static defense upgrade is Uranium Ammo.

Also, these techs don't depend on later Military Technology ranks, which means someone new to Factorio Extended Plus poking around in the tech tree has more difficulty finding out what combat stuff gets unlocked later.

So maybe it's worth making T2 turret research take some more expensive science colours, and some other Military ranks as dependencies?

Expensive mode titanium

None of the "expensive mode" titanium recipes appear to have different ratios? Expensive mode manifests in vanilla via intermediates like cogs, steel, green and red chips. There aren't titanium intermediates ... so maybe Factorio Extended Plus expensive mode happens via ore conversion recipe in the Chemical Plant?

Given titanium gets comparatively small usage, and no science consumes titanium, the expensive mode ratio could be like 4 ->1 for that ore conversion, rather than the standard 2-2. This would also make the Shattering ammo types less outrageously strong than they currently are on expensive mode, even without recosting the Shattering recipe.

Underground pipe 2

The recipe for underground pipe 2 doesn't consume underground pipe 1. This means that having built a base, and then upgrade planner-ing the oil works, there ends up a pile of underground pipe 1 that just sits there not doing anything. Should the Underground Pipe 2 recipe use Underground Pipe so it doesn't just uselessly stockpile?

jakeyjkp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jakeyjkp »

Oh dear - got a 'disable listed mods...' for the mod just now. End of the current game for now as I was well into the FE+ machines... :cry:

gnartung
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gnartung »

jakeyjkp wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:57 am
Oh dear - got a 'disable listed mods...' for the mod just now. End of the current game for now as I was well into the FE+ machines... :cry:
Yup. Got the same notice as well.

forumuser-tk421
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by forumuser-tk421 »

A fix was submitted via github. Waiting on it to be accepted and the mod updated.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

Does anyone know how this compares to Bob's mods as far as logistics? (or other mods for that matter)

I'm looking to do a run with the fastest bots, belts, trains, inserters, beacons, modules, assemblers, drills, etc. Basically fastest everything. :)

Also, are the inserters able to adjust the pickup/drop locations like Bobs?

jamezhall
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jamezhall »

I see that these mods have been updated for 1.1 in github but arnt on the mod portal yet. Is there just a lag of the mod portal not picking up the new code. Not mad or anything , just eagerly waiting so I can play my map in 1.1.... no rush. Thanksgiving is more important! <3

Sortileger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sortileger »

Getting this error. They have a post on github, thought I would add one here hoping to reach detente
Factorio Screenshot 2020.12.31 - 12.33.54.74.png
Factorio Screenshot 2020.12.31 - 12.33.54.74.png (103.31 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

goakiller900
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by goakiller900 »

Hi there i added the mod to a game of mine (faster machines) but furnaces are not accepting the titanium ore ? am i missing something obvious here?
20220528130044_1.jpg
20220528130044_1.jpg (708.94 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
20220528130154_1.jpg
20220528130154_1.jpg (675.11 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

Edit: NVM i just had to reset the techtree not sure why but it works now

Return to “Mods”