Re: MINI MODS

Post by DellAquila »

Thankz ZombieMooose !!! I will make the support now!! XD

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

I think some Angel update broke something, could you confirm ?
a.PNG
a.PNG (11.76 KiB) Viewed 7218 times
I use the 30-sciences pack mod.

Xankiegror
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xankiegror »

Just to report, for Efficient Smelthing MOD

Recently I update Bob's MOD Plates from bobplates_0.16.3 to bobplates_0.16.4.
Now EfficientSmelting_0.0.12 throw the next error:

Code: Select all

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: __Efficient Smelting__/data-final-fixes.lua:53:attempt to index field 'electrum-alloy' (a nil value)
Hope it can be fixed if its from this side the solution. Meanwhile, reverse to prior version the plates mod let me play without problem :D

DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DellAquila »

Thanks Xankiegror and DarkyPupu !! I will release the fix!!!

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

Hey dude, saw ya on the Factorio group facebook page xD Just joined it. Anyways, check out this short convo I had with Orzelek the RSO mod guy: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/rso-mod/d ... 000a65393d Any chance it can be tweaked to work? If its too much work no worries :D Cheers

EDIT: Oh btw, total downloads now are at 36,644. 96 Total Mods. AVG ~4000 downloads/week
More stats (cause I feel like it xD):

Code: Select all

D/Ls      Date       Diff
20217	5/12/2018	
28390	5/31/2018	+8173
36644	6/13/2018	+8254

DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DellAquila »

Ohh!! I like that Facebook Factorio Group, some great people in there... I will see now the RSO compatibility for Finite Water

OMG!! We "factorians" love some statistics... And this is a statistic that makes me very happy. About 3 months ago I had never make any mods, and I would not imagine people would download and like something I did ... :) YESS !!!!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DellAquila wrote:Ohh!! I like that Facebook Factorio Group, some great people in there... I will see now the RSO compatibility for Finite Water

OMG!! We "factorians" love some statistics... And this is a statistic that makes me very happy. About 3 months ago I had never make any mods, and I would not imagine people would download and like something I did ... :) YESS !!!!
I was asked for RSO compatibility for finite water and it's a bit tricky.
First the mod itself would need to be fixed a bit since it adds it's entities in final fixes data stage.

And even after that I have no idea if it will work correctly with RSO.
RSO generator is meant for ores that have 1 tile sized pile. Infinite water uses oil-well like resource but spawns it like ore. That might require some additional work on my side to get it working well.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Hi again,

regarding the compatiblity problem, it was Clown mod not yours, my bad :?

The 30-sciences mod do work correctly with latest bobangelclowns then ;)

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

DA, the Production Scrap 2 mod has a conflict with Mini Machines mod. It seems that mod doesn't like when you try to give those machines another output? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/mini-mach ... 0009b014f2 Not sure if it would be an easier fix for him (Kryzeth) or you? Either way, when ya get a free chance if you could have a look itd be appreciated, thanks buddy. 8-)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

My favorite of your possible future mods are the ghost train, hydro-electric and fruit trees the best.

For the ghost train you can make it sort of a subway station kind of thing where it runs underground, etc.

For the hydro-electric I think it would be best if you found someone to make a custom graphic for it, but it's still a good idea.

For fruit trees all I ask is that it's compatible with Bio Industries and Food Industry, though FI might add fruit trees in the future so idk.

Anyway love your mods, even the ones I don't personally use and hope you keep up the creative streak!

Cheers.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DellAquila »

Hi ZombieMooose!
Thanks for the suggestions and for testing and using these crazy mods!!! This underground train would be great, i will try to do something... The Fruit trees!!! I'm thinking in send a code to food industry to maybe incorportate in his mod! Its a simple thing, that will incentivate the cutting of trees to see what you got!

Splicer, im trying to figure out this error!!!

Thanks friends!!

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

Thanks buddy! One more thing I found: Dectorio modifies some color signals and the high contrast lamps mod you made doesnt support them so I wasnt able to color the high contrast lamps (which are a great idea btw). Thanks! I dont expect you to fix every bug I find, I just like to put it out there before I forget to mention it :)
EDIT: Also figured out that the Bio Industries mod has an option for finite water and it uses your finite water concept but it works with RSO! Maybe see what he did with it and then you can update your finite water mod for those that dont want bio industries and just your mod.

SirMai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SirMai »

Hi, just discovered and tested some of your mods.
Most of them originate in great, some even in genius ideas.
But some sadly seem to be unfinished or unpolished. (f.a. the scrap mod is only working in vanilla(for vanila items))

Anyways: great work and even greater ideas so far.

I had an idea for a mod myself and actually found something similar in your collection, so if you liked to, you probably could make my idea work ;-)
I always hated to dump things in factorio. Thats not a problem in vanilla, but as soon as mods are involved, you basically have to dump millions of items and fluids because your factory depending on your playstyle uses ressources in an inbalanced matter.
All those waste and dump mods out there are sadly only reverse crafting or deleting mods.

My idea was to have an actual garbage dump that creates ore patches out of your waste products.
you could pump and dump everything you want into it and it superslowly generates more and more ore out of it.

I do not know if its even possible, but my little dream stays alive ;p

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

SirMai wrote:My idea was to have an actual garbage dump that creates ore patches out of your waste products.
you could pump and dump everything you want into it and it superslowly generates more and more ore out of it.

I do not know if its even possible, but my little dream stays alive ;p
If I can expand, the dump at first would just produce pollution, but eventually you can unlock technology that can convert a "garbage" resource into fuel like in Back to the Future? Maybe pick out bits from it like angel's refining for random items like plastic or batteries and the rest of the scrap converted to fuel.

Don't mean to step on your idea but I got inspired lol
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Xankiegror
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xankiegror »

Hi, can you add compatibility with Angelsmod - Refining / Petrochem - Thanks

JFS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JFS »

Hi,

I really like the Finite Water mod, but one thing I noticed is that "upgrading" fresh water extraction from the basic burner pumpjack to the vanilla electric one makes pollution a lot WORSE.

The burner pumpjack produces no pollution, while each vanilla electric pumpjack produces as much pollution as a mining drill! This can be a big issue when playing with biter mods like NE Enemies and Rampant, where you want to keep your pollution low.

Now even when everything you have runs on electricity, it's cleaner to burn coal to pump water than to use electricity. This feels really weird.

I considered making the burner pumpjack emit slightly above vanilla electric pumpjack levels, but then the problem is that with multiple water pumpjacks required for early-mid generators, emissions quickly become astronomical, and having a huge part of the pollution come from simply getting fresh water from a fresh water source does not feel right.

I think the best solution is to just include an electric variant of the basic burner water pump, instead of any additional pollution to anything. This would make it worth it to upgrade from the basic burner pumpjack, without causing issues.

I have done that: here is a variant based on 0.0.9, with an added electric freshwater pump.

Balancing the electric water pump:
- Costs 2.5 times as many electronic circuits as the burner variant (5 instead of 2).
- Uses 60kW (compared to 90kW per vanilla oil pumpjack), but can not be used to extract oil, only water.

Additionally:
- Renamed "Burner Pumpjack" to "Burner Water Pump" to make it clear that it and the "Electric Water Pump" can NOT be used to extract oil.
- Added recolored graphics and icons to make it easier to distinguish between the variants.

Public Domain. If you wish to incorporate any of my changes to the main mod, please feel free.

Attachments
FiniteWater_0.0.10.zip
UNOFFICIAL
(5.46 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

GrumpyGoblin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GrumpyGoblin »

Hey DellAquila, do you think you can shorten the names of your mods. You don't need to put a description in the title and one is breaking the UI of the Mods installer screen itself:
2019-03-04 13_22_47-Factorio 0.17.4.png
2019-03-04 13_22_47-Factorio 0.17.4.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 6373 times
The name of the mod is so long it pushes the rest of the columns out of the Mods installer window. Yes, the UI should be made so that we can change column size, but until it is, your mod titles are breaking the UI.

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

There's an "unexisting high-tech-science-pack" error when launcing the game with the Mixed Module mod active.
Just reporting a misfunction already reported in comments on mod.factorio.com page and just making it more visible possible.
And, maybe, check if it happen only to me or even to other players.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Hi everyone. I uploaded a new version of the ProductionScrap2 mod, which fixes the 4.2G crafting problem that was occurring.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ProductionScrap2

If you encounter any problems, please reply here or PM me, as I made these recent changes. DellAquila has added me as a collaborator on the mod.

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

BUG - Possibly related to your mod, happens on start up of the game.
https://pastebin.com/p2SWFNKG

Return to “Mods”