[MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x, 0.18.x, 1.1.x] SCTM

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] SCTM

Post by ShadowGlass »

Mod doesn't work with the Realistic Power mod. I've disabled all other mods, so it's only these two that have a conflict:

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ShadowGlass wrote:Mod doesn't work with the Realistic Power mod. I've disabled all other mods, so it's only these two that have a conflict:

ask author of that mod to fix his stuff, T4 research lab requires centrifuge (which is unlocked by nuclear power), since 0.16.20 so even then it must have been unresearcheable.

latest version adds links between science packs and tech it unlocks. so if nuclear power requires hightech science, then it has been broken all since 0.16.20.

there are 2 solutions, either remove hightech pack from nuclear power, or replace centrifugue in T4 lab with something else, and remove dependency of T4 lab tech on nuclear power.

Robobrine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Robobrine »

Hey mexmer,

first of all, really like the mod, fits in nicely with large mod packs!

I have a question: Green science only needs copper and iron and no tin and lead when playing with Bob's, Angel's and Omnimatter. With Bob's and Angel's alone it needs both tin and lead, but adding Omnimatter seems to simplify the recipe, making green science a bit too easy compared to everything else. Is this intended? And is there an easy way to change it to require tin and lead?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Robobrine wrote:Hey mexmer,

I have a question: Green science only needs copper and iron and no tin and lead when playing with Bob's, Angel's and Omnimatter. With Bob's and Angel's alone it needs both tin and lead, but adding Omnimatter seems to simplify the recipe, making green science a bit too easy compared to everything else. Is this intended? And is there an easy way to change it to require tin and lead?
there was issue with one of those locked behind green tech, when using omnimatter.
if that has changed, i might modify it, i will check it later, but i remember it was some advanced technology and you were limited to omnite/iron/coal/copper until green tech.

NeptuneJr2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NeptuneJr2 »

Love this mod, thanks for all the work you put into it.

I think I had heard you are reworking military and production science, is that still a plan? I didn't see it on the "to-do" in the original post.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:Love this mod, thanks for all the work you put into it.

I think I had heard you are reworking military and production science, is that still a plan? I didn't see it on the "to-do" in the original post.
not sure where did you hear that, but i only did some tuning in composition, to use intermediates more appropriate to their levels.

with introduction of science tree, i also changed military pack recipe, to be more "friendly", when you set military to tier 2 (green science), instead of default tier 3 (blue science).

atm. i don't plan to do any changes to military or production.

maybe you have mistaken production with logistic science (from bobs), i did change recipe for that, and split it into intermediates, that make more sense for it IMO.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

mexmer wrote:
Robobrine wrote:Hey mexmer,

there was issue with one of those locked behind green tech, when using omnimatter.
if that has changed, i might modify it, i will check it later, but i remember it was some advanced technology and you were limited to omnite/iron/coal/copper until green tech.
ok, looks like zelos moved rubyte/bobmonium extraction to red tech, so now it's possible to have it as material for green science. it will be changed in next release of sct.

NeptuneJr2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NeptuneJr2 »

mexmer wrote:

not sure where did you hear that, but i only did some tuning in composition, to use intermediates more appropriate to their levels.

with introduction of science tree, i also changed military pack recipe, to be more "friendly", when you set military to tier 2 (green science), instead of default tier 3 (blue science).

maybe you have mistaken production with logistic science (from bobs), i did change recipe for that, and split it into intermediates, that make more sense for it IMO.

I thought Trainwreck had said something about it on the seablock page, but maybe he was talking about the tech tree change. I don't know.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:
mexmer wrote:

I thought Trainwreck had said something about it on the seablock page, but maybe he was talking about the tech tree change. I don't know.
yes tech tree was major change, due some additional dependencies, also due removal of electrum (in bobs), recipe for hightech has slightly changed.

as for production pack, i changed little recipe for vanilla, but bobs remains same.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

just released new version (0.16.39), with rebalanced crafting timers on intermediates, also some intermediates can be now crafted in bob electronics assemblers.

SCT was using times set by Uberwaffe, but as game evolves, they started to not feel right. like before i did some rebalance on recipe ingredients, now i decided to change timers.

some timers were too short, and assemblers were starving, on the other hand, there were few timers that were rather off (eg. insanely long times).
military has still short times for one intermediate(circuits) while rather long for other (plate), while timers are now little closer, they still not symetric, but they don't need to, everything doesn't need to be symetric.

there are always multiple factors to deciced, when changing production timers ...
1) when timer change will be effectively important (early or late game)
2) does player have enough production, to cover "shorter" times?
3) does player have enough space to cover "longer" times?

i redid my base when changing timers to see if there are any apparent downsides or upsides ... all in all footprint of layout changed only little, unless you play with bobs, where replacing 3x3 assemblers with 2x2 electronic assemblers saves some space (especially on military research)

and one more thing, i noticed, with bobs not all sct intermediates are in use, now they are, and that means, you will need to build some additional stuff.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

is the most recent one updated for pyhitech? If I have bobs+py installed with your SCT, I get a circular dependency, from hitech connecting advanced-electronics to fuel-production, which needs science pack 3's, which need sct-research-t3, which needs sct-lab-t3. which needs advanced electronics

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

reapersms wrote:is the most recent one updated for pyhitech? If I have bobs+py installed with your SCT, I get a circular dependency, from hitech connecting advanced-electronics to fuel-production, which needs science pack 3's, which need sct-research-t3, which needs sct-lab-t3. which needs advanced electronics
i had not tested pyghithech since there are changes in tech tree, but circular in t3 should be fixed in version. not sure, if there are no any dead ends tho', pyhightech is still beta, so anything can change and throw science off again.

jasonholt78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jasonholt78 »

Hey mexmer,

Love what you have done with this mod. I am playing with Bobs and Omnimatter and am having an issue with the labs. The Omnipack science can only be done in the Tier 1 lab, so now that I have Red, Green, & Omni research to do, I can't progress.

Thanks

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jasonholt78 wrote:Hey mexmer,

Love what you have done with this mod. I am playing with Bobs and Omnimatter and am having an issue with the labs. The Omnipack science can only be done in the Tier 1 lab, so now that I have Red, Green, & Omni research to do, I can't progress.

Thanks
guess zelos did change something, because it was other way around before (and that's also intended), omniscience pack was in all labs except tier 1.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

should be fixed now, seems my check was wrong, or at least based on some experimental version of mod, not actual one.

jasonholt78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jasonholt78 »

mexmer wrote:should be fixed now, seems my check was wrong, or at least based on some experimental version of mod, not actual one.
Thanks mexmer

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Hi !
I got a question
Why the stamp-wafer can't make into the electronic assembling ? It could be easier like this i only use electronic assembling.
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Redstylt wrote:Hi !
I got a question
Why the stamp-wafer can't make into the electronic assembling ? It could be easier like this i only use electronic assembling.
it was intentionally left out, because it's base component for wafers.

Aviator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aviator »

It updated to 16.51 so this happens?
Error while applying migration: ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer): ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.28.lua

...CostTweakerM__/migrations/ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.28.lua:111: attempt to index global 'sctm' (a nil value)

:(

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Aviator wrote:It updated to 16.51 so this happens?
Error while applying migration: ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer): ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.28.lua

...CostTweakerM__/migrations/ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.28.lua:111: attempt to index global 'sctm' (a nil value)

:(
Hmm, was yor save from some old version of factorio, with elder version of sctm? Because migration name suggest that

Return to “Mods”