Topics and discussion about specific mods
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x, 0.18.x, 1.1.x] SCTM

Post by jodokus31 »

Vilkra wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 pm
I'm playing seablock with this mod right now and it might just be me, but I'm not of making laboratories themselves complex to make. For example, I was trying to get purple science and I could do it, but the lab itself required tungsten plates, processing units and etc, which are used for yellow science. That basically means I will have access to yellow and purple packs at the same time and there's no choice.
Yellow labs are tough in seablock. I like that! It's a big step

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Vilkra wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 pm
I'm playing seablock with this mod right now and it might just be me, but I'm not of making laboratories themselves complex to make. For example, I was trying to get purple science and I could do it, but the lab itself required tungsten plates, processing units and etc, which are used for yellow science. That basically means I will have access to yellow and purple packs at the same time and there's no choice.
Tier 4 lab is intentionally hard. In default setting it is only lab allowed to have modules, also it’s only lab to produce space science and of course it has higtest research speed boost.

While you might find it especially hard because of requirement, usually when you are at tech tier you need to build that lab, you should have at least partially automated most of materials for it’s components.

Labs also are made way they are made to lead people to research certain technologies, they will required for production anyways. Before i made labs, when i was playing sometime i just lead research in some way, then i found out i need to research lot of stuff i put “away”, just to get science pack running or better automation working, so i made labs, that need another part of research tree and don’t forget about it.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

@Saienai notified me, that science multiplier is not applied to science packs that are defined as objects (eg. type/name/ammount) instead of pairs (name,ammount) as result of this some technologies from other mods were not affected by multiplier settings (normal/uberwafe/extended). this is now fixed for version 1.0 and 1.1 as a result you might see increased research cost for technologies, depending on your multiplier.

if you play with "noadjustment" settings, you will not be affected

mind, this is long standing bug, since i have not touched formula and adjustment function.

robertwmack
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by robertwmack »

Trying to ts why I'm not able to continue my research to get the labs.
Attachments
Research.PNG
Research.PNG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 3378 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Can you post lids of mods you using, or even better configuration files from mods directory so i have both list and settings

robertwmack
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by robertwmack »

mexmer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 am
Can you post lids of mods you using, or even better configuration files from mods directory so i have both list and settings
Mod list
mod-list.json
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Settings file won't attach (DAT file)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k25j6hq4wiacg ... s.dat?dl=0

robertwmack
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by robertwmack »

Any ideas?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

robertwmack wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:11 am
Any ideas?
yes. looks it's similar issue to other one, where something disables technology, that is prerequisty for lab research, i will need to add another check od prequsities in data-final stage, should make fix during this weekend.

Daassan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Daassan »

Hmmm it seems that i cant craft the t1 lab. I can make its components but not the lab itself. Is there a bug or just my list of mods?

But i cant see any other mod which tinkers on the science around aside the ones your mod is expecting, like bobs, angles and aai.

https://pastebin.com/sJPLephs

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Daassan wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:12 pm
Hmmm it seems that i cant craft the t1 lab. I can make its components but not the lab itself. Is there a bug or just my list of mods?

But i cant see any other mod which tinkers on the science around aside the ones your mod is expecting, like bobs, angles and aai.

https://pastebin.com/sJPLephs
AAI Industries messes with labs IIRC, most importantly it adds a Burner Lab that's meant to be your first lab, which might be interfering.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

guess i will need recheck compatibility with aai, didn't update it for some time.

Return to “Mods”