[MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x, 0.18.x, 1.1.x] SCTM

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x] SCTM

Post by GrimerX »

I create a PR (https://github.com/mexmer/ScienceCostTweakerM/pull/32) that does the following:

- Adds a 2nd normal configuration called 'NormalNoCheapStart'. It is the same as normal, except red science is not half-cost
- Adds an API so that other mods can register technologies for SCT to ignore. I want to use this for my modpack, which includes SCT and SpaceMod. SpaceMod science settings are already appropriately expensive.

Feedback welcome.

Ian

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

GrimerX wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:07 am
I create a PR (https://github.com/mexmer/ScienceCostTweakerM/pull/32) that does the following:

- Adds a 2nd normal configuration called 'NormalNoCheapStart'. It is the same as normal, except red science is not half-cost
- Adds an API so that other mods can register technologies for SCT to ignore. I want to use this for my modpack, which includes SCT and SpaceMod. SpaceMod science settings are already appropriately expensive.

Feedback welcome.

Ian
Thanks, i will look at it, when i have time.

As for tech cost multipliers, i’ve never used anything except normal, so it might be like that since i took over mod, so only original author knows, and he is not playing factorio for years

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GrimerX »

mexmer wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:50 am
Thanks, i will look at it, when i have time.

As for tech cost multipliers, i’ve never used anything except normal, so it might be like that since i took over mod, so only original author knows, and he is not playing factorio for years
Thanks and no worries at all. I figured it best to add another config rather than edit the existing one so I don't mess with people's games.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x, 0.18.x] SCTM

Post by mexmer »

@TrainWreck made compatibility fixed for mod for version 0.18.0, new version is on mod portal.

i still need to fix 0.17 version tho :oops:

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

I am helping Lovely_Santa test some stuff that will be in the next release of Angels, and a heads-up that SCT is incompatible with the next release (they crash when loaded together). Thought you'd appreciate a heads-up BEFORE people start yelling (like the Seablock guys). Here's the screenshot of the error; you can grab Angels' Dev Branch from github if you want to test early.
SCT.png
SCT.png (171.74 KiB) Viewed 6519 times

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

Question for this mod.

I am planing to include this mod for my next playthrough, presuambly 1.0Factorio......

As there are some now labs introduced by this mod i have the question where the actual research is done.....
While i have no problem with a specialized lab to produce the science-pot i don't want to build/update my resarch-labs (labs which uses the pots)

I seems not to be able to find an answer by myself so i want to ask here.....

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

nosports wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:51 pm
Question for this mod.

I am planing to include this mod for my next playthrough, presuambly 1.0Factorio......

As there are some now labs introduced by this mod i have the question where the actual research is done.....
While i have no problem with a specialized lab to produce the science-pot i don't want to build/update my resarch-labs (labs which uses the pots)

I seems not to be able to find an answer by myself so i want to ask here.....
hi, i get what you mean, but lab tiers are meant as way of progression.
you research tier 1 (red tech) in tier 1, for tier 2 research you need tier 2 and so on

so yes, with this mod, you will need to upgrade your labs, there is no other way.
mind higher tier labs not only allow higher tier research, but also have higher research speed.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

mexmer wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am
you research tier 1 (red tech) in tier 1, for tier 2 research you need tier 2 and so on

so yes, with this mod, you will need to upgrade your labs, there is no other way.
mind higher tier labs not only allow higher tier research, but also have higher research speed.
Thanks for the answer......

May i ask thats this could be an option ?

The progression is the same for both concepts, because you need new labs to produce/work the new tier, but one is due to upgraded labs the other due to speciallized labs which produce the new tiers....

Jugger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jugger »

I'm getting cycle in tech tree with the latest SCTM (0.18.2) and Angel's Industries (0.4.5).
This seems to happen when Technology overhaul option is enabled in Angel's Industries.
Not sure if this should go here or into Angel's sub-forums.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

nosports wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:41 am
mexmer wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am

Thanks for the answer......

May i ask thats this could be an option ?

The progression is the same for both concepts, because you need new labs to produce/work the new tier, but one is due to upgraded labs the other due to speciallized labs which produce the new tiers....
ther is no specialized labs in my mod, upgrading lab (which is required) expands it's research capabilities.
every upgraded lab research all tiers up to it's level.

tier 1 allow research of tier 1
tier 2 allow research of tiers 2 and 1
tier 3 allow research of all tier 3 techs as wel as 1 and 2

technically lab research could be on same spot as science pack, but labs have less requirements than science pack (constuction wise), also it created less conflicts with other mods when it was added (and vanilla when science pack research was moved to separate technology).

not to mention, you can research lab way long before science pack, and just build it to have faster research.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Jugger wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 am
I'm getting cycle in tech tree with the latest SCTM (0.18.2) and Angel's Industries (0.4.5).
This seems to happen when Technology overhaul option is enabled in Angel's Industries.
Not sure if this should go here or into Angel's sub-forums.
i will look it up, when i have free time, but you might ask angel if he can fix it too, might be faster.

i have not played with angel industry overhaul yet.

but this is quite common problem, when multiple mods try to reorganize research tree.

MsWolphie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MsWolphie »

Gosh I love your mods' science pack graphics. Any plan to release a "purely cosmetic" version, that only changes the science packs icons?

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Would you be able to update this for 1.1 please? Thanks!! :D
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

MsWolphie wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:52 pm
Gosh I love your mods' science pack graphics. Any plan to release a "purely cosmetic" version, that only changes the science packs icons?
no there is no such plans.
most of graphics was made by @Daemoria, it's not mine
also there is graphic that need to be updated to highres, for which i don't have time.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 am
Would you be able to update this for 1.1 please? Thanks!! :D
i added @kingarthur as collaborator, since i don't have much time to play with it, but should be soon (tm)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ok so ive released an update to bring SCTM to 1.1 on the mod portal. im going to be help mexmer maintain it going forward so if there any issues with SCTM let me know and ill fix them asap

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:47 am
ok so ive released an update to bring SCTM to 1.1 on the mod portal. im going to be help mexmer maintain it going forward so if there any issues with SCTM let me know and ill fix them asap
Good stuff. Thank you very much

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x, 0.17.x, 0.18.x, 1.1.x] SCTM

Post by mexmer »

just note, version of latest SCTM has been changed to 1.1.0 to follow numbering suite (where first two numbers signified factorio version) and 0.18.3 was deleted from mod portal. it's just cosmetic change, but if anyone added dependency on it, then should be 1.1.0

0.18.x is reserved for possible fix backports to stable version of game

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

trough winter vacation, while i will be with family, i also plan to save some time for factorio. what it means is, i will recheck some stuff, how it changed over time, and will change some science packs and labs, it will very likely break your builds, might also break some mods. change to T2 and T3 will probly land before christmass, so if you don't want to redo your factory, don't update :D

especially for seablock i might need to do more changes, currently testing my changes with AB.

Vilkra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vilkra »

I'm playing seablock with this mod right now and it might just be me, but I'm not of making laboratories themselves complex to make. For example, I was trying to get purple science and I could do it, but the lab itself required tungsten plates, processing units and etc, which are used for yellow science. That basically means I will have access to yellow and purple packs at the same time and there's no choice.

Return to “Mods”