[0.16] Stormwalls

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheBrain0110
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16] Stormwalls

Post by TheBrain0110 »

Ok, downloaded the update and did a quick test in Sandbox.

Can confirm that switching wall types out several times quickly will still cause a crash. In this case it wasn't quite while the previous wall was despawning, but on like the third wall type to be placed on a tile within a few seconds.

(My testing area being those 5 tiles in the middle of the green wall there. The crash seemed to happen while placing back down green again, after being a blue tile, purple tile and purple gate. But that could be either coincidence, or a slight delay between cause and effect, or anything.)

TheBrain0110
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheBrain0110 »

And another one. Apparently if you accidentally set off a nuke near your defences and take out a whole bunch of walls at once, it'll still crash. Maybe a race condition, multiple walls dead per tick?
I don't think any of the emitters were hit in that blast though.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

That's a worrisome one. Looks like it might have something to do with gates though.

InflamedSebi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InflamedSebi »

Have 2 errors, maybe they are related to the upper one ... seems like those walls are missing a robot mining events ... but actually i have no clue xD
Attachments
get this error when shift placing the wall
get this error when shift placing the wall
Shiftplace.PNG (179.91 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
get this error when deconstructing via red blueprint
get this error when deconstructing via red blueprint
deconstruct.PNG (176.82 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

You don't mine the walls directly, in fact they should be unminable. If Creative Mode is messing with that, then that's Creative Mode's fault and not mine.

InflamedSebi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InflamedSebi »

Okay, u r right ... tested without creative mode and issue is gone, so you might add this as an incompatibility.
Same goes for "Nanobots: Early bots" building the walls via those robots creates a non game crashing error (see picture) but the placed wall-plates are bugged and do not spawn a wall. Also mining such a bugged plate by hand will crash the game. I'll report this to Nanobots as well. If the placement gets fixed this would be awesome :)
Attachments
nanobots.png
nanobots.png (306.39 KiB) Viewed 2424 times

Twisted6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Twisted6 »

I came to report a similar conflict with creative mode. Pasting any blueprint with a flooring tile crashes the game. I'll go and post this on the creative mod thread as well. Image

Return to “Mods”