[MOD] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Topics and discussion about specific mods
eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Post by eduran »

Thanks for adding the dependency. I can understand why you dislike the way ReStack handles the stack size updates. On the other hand, I can see how Optera is in a bad place: either you get people like me complaining about ReStack messing with stuff it should not mess with, or you get people complaining about ReStack not restacking other mod's items.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The way I see it you have to create stuff as early as possible so others can see it. But then go over it as late as possible to finalize the values that where derived from other stuff.

For example you can create the stack items early but better check the generated icons later in case some mod replaced one of the icons in the original.

Obviously it's still a "best effort" only. Sadly there is no way to tell factorio that one has changed stuff and that other mods should run their final phase again. Would be nice if factorio would allow running the final phase a number of times till it converges or exceeds some limit (e.g. 2 * number of mods).

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

I haven't heard back from Optera on my ping on discord but I'm sure they'll be around on the mod-making channel again - I'll chat with them when I have a chance. The way it'd ideally work in my head for maximum compatibility is that each of the three phases it could scan for items that it hadn't yet run its changes, changing them if needed, then tracking each item edited and skipping already edited items on the later phases. This way it'd apply its changes in earlier phases to items that it can (and allow mods to react to those for, say, recipes they're adding in data-updates), but still would catch stuff other mods add late in loading (gaining the same benefits of 'just run it all late').

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I've just updated to 0.17.28 and some mods and now my stacks no longer have a fuel value anymore.

Factorio 0.17.28
deadlock-beltboxes-loaders_2.1.8/
deadlock-integrations_2.0.9/

Anything changed in recently that would cause this?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Problem seem to be that fuel value is only set in data-final-fixes deferred processing. But if any mod adds a stack in data-final-fixes it ends up without fuel value. I'm all for the deferred processing but why not set the fuel value in create too?

Next probem:

21.272 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading item prototype "deadlock-stack-bi-seed" (item): Must have a fuel_value when fuel_acceleration_multiplier, fuel_top_speed_multiplier, fuel_emissions_multiplier, or fuel_glow_color are used.

deadlock-stack-bi-seed gets a fuel value of "0MJ".

The original value was 0.5MJ.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

The idea was that since the fuel value needed to be set late due to all the other mods' changes to the fuel values, there was no reason to also do the math early as well as late. Apparently the game's doing more validation on the initial table, now. Will fix soon.

RedViper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RedViper »

Would you consider making your loader circuit compatible? Right now they can't be connected with wires.

Is there any reason why not? Legitimately asking, maybe there's a reason I'm unaware off.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Loaders are a vanilla entity, reskinned and modified by Deadlock/shane. They don't allow circuit connections and that cannot be changed by modders. If you need circuit controllable loaders you have to use Miniloader (which is actually a pair of hidden inserters made to look like a loader).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

https://yadi.sk/i/LP66g23-fSX7PA
Conflict with Loader redux mod
I get this error only deadlock compact loader and loaders redux are active
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux - version 1.4.9
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... es-loaders version 2.1.10
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

The legacy API provided a reset() function (in DCM as well). I put that in in case anyone wanted to reboot the stacking technology tiers from scratch. I don't think anyone else uses it, they only add new items, or refresh existing items.

Now I'm using it and I realise it has a flaw. It removes the recipe unlocks from the technology, sure, but the recipes and the stacked items still exist. They don't ever appear in the player crafting tabs because they never get unlocked. But the items themselves still appear in filter dialogs (inserters etc.) because those tabs don't show recipes, they show literal items. In my case, they are showing stacked version of items which are never unlocked and don't actually exist in the context of the mod.

Should reset() actually delete the recipes and items? Or should I just do it myself after I call reset()? The (minor) problem with the latter is that DSB no longer provides an accessible list of the vanilla items that it stacks. So I could search the entire collection of all items and all recipes and delete any whose name begins with "stacked-". That might accidentally include items from any other mod. I suppose instead of calling reset() I could parse the techs and delete only those recipes which are unlocked, and their resulting items. But isn't that exactly what reset() should be doing?

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:15 am
The legacy API provided a reset() function (in DCM as well). I put that in in case anyone wanted to reboot the stacking technology tiers from scratch. I don't think anyone else uses it, they only add new items, or refresh existing items.

Now I'm using it and I realise it has a flaw. It removes the recipe unlocks from the technology, sure, but the recipes and the stacked items still exist. They don't ever appear in the player crafting tabs because they never get unlocked. But the items themselves still appear in filter dialogs (inserters etc.) because those tabs don't show recipes, they show literal items. In my case, they are showing stacked version of items which are never unlocked and don't actually exist in the context of the mod.

Should reset() actually delete the recipes and items? Or should I just do it myself after I call reset()?
That's a great question - my hunch is that it should leave the recipes and items in place since it's a headache for a mod to potentially re-gather and re-send the vanilla stacking calls - they might need to track changes to sprites and etc, or scan for those attributes before the reset() call and re-place, which feels hacky.

My brain's a little fried due to a hectic work week (sorry I haven't released that latest DCM update yet!) so this might be a terrible idea but, I'm thinking maybe a function that other mods can call which just disables the creation of vanilla stacked items? Basically a "hey I'm overhauling the items from this other mod and I'll create the stacks here, don't worry about them in the base mod" API call.

Another idea I'm thinking of is for the base mod to scan all stacks that have been created and verify that they exist in some tech or another during final-fixes - those that do not, it could delete the item and recipes - making reset() work more as expected in this case.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

shanemadden wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 am
(sorry I haven't released that latest DCM update yet!)
Literally no rush, it is for my benefit only, won't change anything for players. I found that I was having to do some DCM calls in data-final-fixes and the same calls to DBL in data and other shenanigans, it just brings their order-of-business a bit closer to each other.
so this might be a terrible idea but, I'm thinking maybe a function that other mods can call which just disables the creation of vanilla stacked items? Basically a "hey I'm overhauling the items from this other mod and I'll create the stacks here, don't worry about them in the base mod" API call.

Another idea I'm thinking of is for the base mod to scan all stacks that have been created and verify that they exist in some tech or another during final-fixes - those that do not, it could delete the item and recipes - making reset() work more as expected in this case.
Either of those works for me. They both depend on when vanilla stacks are currently created. If it's in data, it'd be too late for another mod with DBL as a dependency to prevent them being created. If you moved it forward to data-updates, it might work out. But then stack sizes fuel values blah blah blah, people messing with things at inopportune moments, same old dance back and forth.

A variation of the latter idea would be to have a call to scans the techs, rather than having it happen regardless. It's essentially what I'd have to do in my overhaul mod anyway. It saves having to move anything back or forth in loading order.

Yet another option is to have deadlock_stacking.remove() do the dirty work. That gives more granular control. In which case reset() should really be calling remove() on every unlock. No-one asked for reset(), but I did get a request for remove().

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 pm
I reinstalled https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... es-loaders this mod again and error not appears in 0.17.32 version now
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by McDuff »

(is there a benefit to using compact loaders and loaders redux in the same save?)

cicatrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cicatrix »

Getting a weird error message dusing Factorio loading:

Code: Select all

79.393 Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Error in assignID, item with name 'turbo-inserter' does not exist.

Source: turbo-transport-belt-loader (recipe).
79.880 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
79.881 Created atlas bitmap 2048x536 [not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level, no-crop, no-scale]
79.936 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
80.044 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 7)
80.591 Sprites loaded
80.662 Generated mipmaps for atlas [0] of size 2048x536
80.679 Custom inputs active: 31
80.687 Factorio initialised
80.702 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'turbo-inserter' does not exist.

Source: turbo-transport-belt-loader (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
• deadlock-integrations
• angelspetrochem
• omnilib
• omnimatter
I have all bob's and angel's mods as well as omni-matter. There seems to be some conflict but I just can't pinpoint what is the matter.

UPDATE: By trial and error I found out that this has something to do with 'custom inserter recipers' checkbox in the Mod Settings menu

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

cicatrix wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm
I have all bob's and angel's mods as well as omni-matter. There seems to be some conflict but I just can't pinpoint what is the matter.

UPDATE: By trial and error I found out that this has something to do with 'custom inserter recipers' checkbox in the Mod Settings menu
I'm trying to track this one down but haven't had any luck, can you post a little example save with your set of mods so I can sync to it (and your startup settings)?
aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 pm
I reinstalled https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... es-loaders this mod again and error not appears in 0.17.32 version now
This bug was reported a page or two ago, it's just in the migration-from-0.16 mod (a repeat of a conflict already fixed in the combined mod) so I haven't rushed to fix it but I'll get it taken care of soon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There are problems again with fuel values in bob's mods carbon.
I have full set of bob's and no Angels.

I'm not sure if this would be for base mod or integration mod. Tried posting on integration mods mod portal but no answers.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

orzelek wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if this would be for base mod or integration mod. Tried posting on integration mods mod portal but no answers.
I know I saw your bug report but lost track of it between a busy week and a dozen open mod portal tabs, sorry - can you link where you posted that?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

shanemadden wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:24 pm
orzelek wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

I know I saw your bug report but lost track of it between a busy week and a dozen open mod portal tabs, sorry - can you link where you posted that?
It's in the integration mod so you you are not monitoring it most likely:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... 000b8ccb21

It's hard to tell where those fuel values should be added and why they get lost :D

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darkestnoir »

Seems to be no longer work with 0.17.35 from today.

Return to “Mods”