[MOD] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Topics and discussion about specific mods
shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes (& Compact Loaders)

Post by shanemadden »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am
Stacking Beltboxes Changelog wrote:- Move loaders to the transport-belt fast replace group, matching beltboxes
Can this be optional?
I place the buffers & stackers then draw the belt lines and inevitably go one too far and have now replaced the loader I want with a belt I don't.
I even use a mod to prevent fast replacing underneathies & splitters with belts. IMHO belts should only fast replace other belts. Anything else causes more problems than it solves.
Through the magic of the

Code: Select all

fast-replaceable-no-build-while-moving
flag the problem you're describing isn't a problem, it'll only replace these on a direct, individual click and not a click-and-drag. You might like it for the case you're describing, you can just drag right on over the group.

But yeah, it can definitely be an option regardless, I'll plan on adding that in the next release.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

shanemadden wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:50 am
Through the magic of the

Code: Select all

fast-replaceable-no-build-while-moving
flag the problem you're describing isn't a problem, it'll only replace these on a direct, individual click and not a click-and-drag. You might like it for the case you're describing, you can just drag right on over the group.
I.... I did not know that was a thing. I love it. That solves 99% of my problems with fast-replace.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Something happened with your mod when I updated Bob's mods and a bunch of others when updates were available.
this is the error I get.
Attachments
Screenshot_23.png
Screenshot_23.png (19.69 KiB) Viewed 4626 times

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Twsted wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:53 pm
Something happened with your mod when I updated Bob's mods and a bunch of others when updates were available.
this is the error I get.
I suspect that's another variant of the conflict with Loader Redux that was fixed in the latest version of the combined mod - is Loader Redux one of the ones updated?

The mod that's reporting conflict there is the one that enables migration to the new combined mod, so it's technically safe to just disable if you've migrated over your save files already, but I'll plan on updating it to avoid getting stepped on by Loader Redux as well.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

No Redux was not one that was upgraded , until much much later.
Ill wait for your update, thanks :)

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

This mod is great but I have this problem with handcrafting in this video.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Nexarius wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm
This mod is great but I have this problem with handcrafting in this video.
This is related to the auto-unstacking and intermediates discussion a couple pages back - attempting to allow the stacked items to be used as an intermediate recipe step fixes some specific cases but breaks a lot more than it fixes; in your example, it'll see the iron stacks as a way to fulfill the iron plate part of the recipe but not the gear's plate requirement, and will prevent gears from being auto-crafted when there's unstacked iron in the inventory. The additional potential paths just cause a bit of havoc in the recipe system, you can see what I mean by switching this line to true in your local copy: https://github.com/shanemadden/factorio ... k.lua#L150 Enabling auto-unstacking is probably the best workaround at the moment.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Stuttering

Post by mrvn »

There seems to be some stuttering going on with loaders, belt boxes and maybe splitters.

I have a factory setup where I need 12 iron plates/s and Bob grey basic transport belts have a speed of 12.5 items/s. So a basic belt box and basic loader should also have a speed of 12.5 items/s. My setup has a loader filling a grey basic belt box with plenty of stacks so the input is always full. Then one basic loader to empty the unstacked items onto a basic transport belt. 3 basic splitters to split the items 4 ways and 4 loaders to load 4 assemblers with the plates.

With everything having a speed of 12.5 I would expect the assemblers to slowly get an excess of iron plates and then for the iron plates on the belts to back up to the belt box. But what happens is that the assemblers run dry and stop working every now and then.

Next I keept the grey basic belt box but I change the loader, belt and first splitter to a yellow one (speed 25). Then at first the belt box will empty out because it can't keep up with a yellow loader. But the assembler fill up and after a while the iron plates back up on the belt and the belt box starts to fill again.

So my conclusion: The belt box unstacks iron plate stacks at 12.5 iron plates/s. But the loaders, belts or splitter seems to have less throughput than advertised. At least one of them transports less than 12 items/s.

Can anyone confirm?

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

What settings combo is giving you that speed? I'm getting 7.50 items/s with Bob's speed overhaul option disabled, and 15/s with the speed overhaul enabled at the default multiplier, and the speed seems synced across the entities properly in my test setup. If you're setting a different multiplier in Bob's options that should be accounted for, but if another mod's changing it then it's likely not covered.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

shanemadden wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm
What settings combo is giving you that speed? I'm getting 7.50 items/s with Bob's speed overhaul option disabled, and 15/s with the speed overhaul enabled at the default multiplier, and the speed seems synced across the entities properly in my test setup. If you're setting a different multiplier in Bob's options that should be accounted for, but if another mod's changing it then it's likely not covered.
Are you sure you are using default settings?
Logistics default is 12.5 (please make note that revert to defaults button doesn't seem to highlight edit boxes as changed).

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:20 pm
shanemadden wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Are you sure you are using default settings?
Logistics default is 12.5 (please make note that revert to defaults button doesn't seem to highlight edit boxes as changed).
Good call - I don't remember switching that but it definitely was!

The sync to Bob's speed for loaders and beltboxes seems to be working correctly. I enhanced my test case a bit and I think I've found the problem - it does appear to be the t0 splitters, they're sometimes considering one output belt to be 'blocked' when it isn't, likely due to the belts' slow speed - confirmed at both 12.5/s and 15/s. You can see it clearly here, where the first priority splitter creates a gap in its priority-output belt that the second has to refill: https://gfycat.com/ClearcutNervousAlpinegoat

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Some progress on a new look ... Textures need work ... But the new belt size (1.125 tiles tall) is causing some issues with render order and missing bits, have asked the devs for help.

evilscoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evilscoop »

Got this error Image
https://pasteboard.co/I66DJOn.jpg
any idea's ?

McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by McDuff »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Some progress on a new look ... Textures need work ... But the new belt size (1.125 tiles tall) is causing some issues with render order and missing bits, have asked the devs for help.

These look absolutely boss!

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

evilscoop wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 am
Got this error Image
https://pasteboard.co/I66DJOn.jpg
any idea's ?
Looks like you're using Deadlock's Crating Machine? I loaded up Crating+Angel's+Bob's+Yuoki to try to reproduce the issue and was unsuccessful, can you zip up your mod-list.json and mod-settings.dat files and upload 'em?
Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 pm

These look amazing in motion - great work, thanks so much!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

shanemadden wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 pm
These look amazing in motion - great work, thanks so much!
No no, thank you.

Beltboxes are now "good enough", job done. But the loaders are a pain in the body part of your choice. They mostly work, but the rendering is glitchy in some situations when you have things packed in tightly. The north-south ones are particularly annoying. I will wait to see if my API requests get any attention, although I think some of them should count as bugs so I might report them as actual bugs if nothing happens. So let's give it a couple of weeks. If they don't get fixed, there are two options: live with some glitchiness that you only ever see when you are zoomed in, or go back to having the loaders be fully boxy and cuboid and perspective-defying again (and still occasionally being drawn under things behind them, probably).

Previews:

Reworked the textures and thickened up some of the Rube Goldberg detail that was smaller than a pixel. Went back to having the triple twinklies because everyone likes twinklies. The colour of the twinklies are a lighter version of the main tier colour so it should work for any arbitrary tier from other mods, even the exciting grey ones. The lights also now turn off when the beltbox is inactive.

The lights also glow faintly in the dark, with the right colour.

The research icons are now also auto-masked by tier colour, same as the inventory icons.

evilscoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evilscoop »

As requested -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sjd87bbpi9d2 ... ds.7z?dl=0

I note Deadlock-Mod Integrations has updated, but as im at work ive not tested this yet....

Ive got save to load without losing too much, so, not a big issue tbh, and poss just a mod interaction from an update that will resolve itself....but if you find the cause be nice to know....

Keep up the stunning work <o

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

shanemadden wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:03 pm
The sync to Bob's speed for loaders and beltboxes seems to be working correctly. I enhanced my test case a bit and I think I've found the problem - it does appear to be the t0 splitters, they're sometimes considering one output belt to be 'blocked' when it isn't, likely due to the belts' slow speed - confirmed at both 12.5/s and 15/s. You can see it clearly here, where the first priority splitter creates a gap in its priority-output belt that the second has to refill: https://gfycat.com/ClearcutNervousAlpinegoat
FYI, This is fixed in 0.17.17 of the game.
[*]Solved transport line compression related to splitters for various corner cases. (67815)

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Hello there!

im abit confused as what mod does what and where to post.

Im using the original https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... es-loaders
and had https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Deadlocks ... g4Pyanadon by crisdec in my full pY suite game
removing the latter did not solve the "problem" below, i just removed it cos he himself is linking to the original, for some reason

As i wanted to test things for LTN treshold and inserter loading times (we didn´t like miniloaders on our last map), i saw that iron plates stack to 500, but stacks of iron plates only to 20, which would be 1:25, not 1:5
I dont want inventory buffs from this mod, i think reducing the stack size is a clever way to prevent just that, but shouldn´t it just take "base" stack sizes of mods (must be pY messing with them, as vanilla is 100 for iron plate) and divide that by 5?

Also, now that i activated crisdec´s mod again, its the only way of stacking pYs intermediates (i have no idea if we´d ever need that) so i guess that "base" stack mod doesn´t do it. Yet i have no clue as to why he´s mentioning we should use the original only. And i was kinda hoping to reach him here, or get an answer from someone else.

I guess in pY its not that hard to live without stacks and huge bus builds, but we like the loaders.
And since stacks would be alot easier (as in faster) to load by inserters, i gave it a go. Now im unsure if i should use it at all.....
Still abit confused, mostly cos of LTN station setup, not this mod. Might answer all of that myself soon

In the meantime. Great mod if I may say so, even tho we wont use it that much! Thats quite some work from what i can see so far!

Meh, thats a quick edit....
Ok... so, DLstack is making stacks from base game items, which would be iron plate, copper plate etc.
crisdecs pYstack makes everything stack that pY added, like aluminium plates and the intermediate stuff in rawOres. And stacks to 100stacks or 500 plates. I dont know which ones "responsibility" it would be to look into base game items in modded games, but the whole thing is getting even more confusing and unconvenient. I think we will just use loaders for warehouses and live with early slow loading of trains ^^

Anyway, thanks for the mod, i love it when people get their ideas to work and improve this game

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Post by reapersms »

Sounds like an ordering issue. The base stacking mod is probably creating the stack item for plates before pymods change the stack size.

An optional dependency on py for the base would probably work best. Otherwise maybe a pass in final fixes that rechecks and fixes stack sizes for the deadlock items..

Return to “Mods”