[MOD] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes (& Compact Loaders)

Post by Bizobinator »

shanemadden wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:38 pm
Bizobinator wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:35 pm
How would I go about adding the crushed Bob/Angel ores to the stackable recipes? There are recipes for the un-crushed ores & crushed rock, but not the crushed ores :o
I'm guessing you're using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock- ... ating-bobs to add the stacks for Bob's items? There's a thread in the discussion section on the mod portal where the author mentions that the support should be coming for those in the 0.17 version (with good icons).

This is untested but should work assuming I'm getting the right item names from a quick glance at the Angel's source (7 seems to be skipped):

Code: Select all

if deadlock_stacking then
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore1-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore2-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore3-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore4-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore5-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore6-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore8-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
    deadlock_stacking.create("angels-ore9-crushed", nil, "deadlock-stacking-1")
end
Where would I put this? Would I make it a separate mod?

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to modding... it's been at least a year since I've tinkered with any of it >_<.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Bizobinator wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm
Where would I put this? Would I make it a separate mod?

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to modding... it's been at least a year since I've tinkered with any of it >_<.
Yup - in the data-updates.lua or data-final-fixes.lua of its own mod with just that file plus a valid info.json, or else added to the existing integration mod's data-*.lua files.

I went ahead and zipped it up into a tiny mod, attached, that should work for you (and ought to work with both the released version of DSB and the beta version of the new mod attached on the previous page).
Attachments
stacking-crushed-stuff_0.0.1.zip
(664 Bytes) Downloaded 101 times

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

! Thanks broski! \0/

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I want to extend that mini-mod you made to cover crushed coal. What syntax would I need to use? I guess, rather, what names does crushed coal use?

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Bizobinator wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:32 pm
I want to extend that mini-mod you made to cover crushed coal. What syntax would I need to use? I guess, rather, what names does crushed coal use?
Looks like that one is:

"coal-crushed"

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Where do you find the names? Is it the item name?

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Bizobinator wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 pm
Where do you find the names? Is it the item name?
It's the mod's internal name of the item - "Crushed Coal" is the translated display name. The place to find this mapping of internal names to the names you see in-game is in the 'locale' files in the zipped mod - in this case, the item-name section in locale/en/petrochem.cfg inside Angel's Petrochem, which has the line:

coal-crushed=Crushed Coal

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Despite pretending to be a serious grown-up with no time for fun these days, I've been keeping up with the weekly FFFs and I noted that icon graphics will be upgraded to 64x64 in the next version. Very pleased about that as I kind of saw it coming - the big industry mod I abandoned had the foresight to make everything 64x64 (as well as several of the research tree changes that the devs eventually put in). Also worth noting that belt speeds are going to change ...

I'm happy to volunteer to refresh the item stack, beltbox and loader icons to match the new high resolution icons - but I can't promise a time-frame. Sometime before 0.17 goes stable should be do-able, but it won't be immediately on release of the experimental.

The loader entity graphics might need a tweak as well because of the new belts-on-rollers design. No promises there but I could take a look when it gets released.

Big thanks to shanemadden for keeping these mods alive.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Great, thanks a lot Deadlock - several of my other mods are also going to have a bunch of graphics updates to do once 0.17 is out, so your assistance is greatly appreciated. Obviously no rush at all on the updates, and hopefully the loader won't need more than a couple pixel adjustment to look good on the roller belts, we'll see!

Modders: the icon size change likely to be the only actual breaking change for you to worry about in the 0.17 version; the default icon_size for the add_stack API call will be changed from 32 to 64 to match the base game's graphics.

Tyarns
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tyarns »

Hey shanemadden!! I noticed your reply on my mods discussion page for Ultimate Belts. I took a hiatus from Factorio and modding, but kept up with the weekly Friday Facts. I am planning on doing an update for 0.17 and plan on adding support for this mod however I need to!! Thanks for your help in making it easy for Ultimate Belts & Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes to have support for each other :)

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Omarflyjoemacky »

I love your mods. Please update to .17 soon.
"And then Bender ran."

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Hey folks -

I should have everything ready & published for the 0.17 versions by this weekend.

Modders adding stacked items, this might be a little awkward during the transition at first - the new default icon size should be moving to 64x64 but many (most?) of the vanilla icons seem to still be 32x32 with the current experimental 0.17 release. I'm pretty sure that default will still be changing, but I'll be testing a few of the popular integration mods alongside the 0.17 update to verify this is the right approach.

Experimental versions soon, thanks in advance to everyone who's able to test these early releases!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

shanemadden wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 am
Hey folks -

I should have everything ready & published for the 0.17 versions by this weekend.

Modders adding stacked items, this might be a little awkward during the transition at first - the new default icon size should be moving to 64x64 but many (most?) of the vanilla icons seem to still be 32x32 with the current experimental 0.17 release. I'm pretty sure that default will still be changing, but I'll be testing a few of the popular integration mods alongside the 0.17 update to verify this is the right approach.

Experimental versions soon, thanks in advance to everyone who's able to test these early releases!
Maybe the icon size should just be required in the deadlock API. That way mods will be independent on any future change in icon size.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

shanemadden wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 am
Hey folks -

Would you please consider updating the crating mod too? :-)

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Omnifarious wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm
Would you please consider updating the crating mod too? :-)
Yup, that's the plan!

Thordus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thordus »

Hey shanemadden you can contact me on the discord from Zelos (Omnimatter). Same name as here.
I already update Loaders and Stacking for private use to 0.17. You can have the files for uploading it on the mods page.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

shanemadden wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Great, thanks a lot Deadlock - several of my other mods are also going to have a bunch of graphics updates to do once 0.17 is out, so your assistance is greatly appreciated. Obviously no rush at all on the updates, and hopefully the loader won't need more than a couple pixel adjustment to look good on the roller belts, we'll see!
The loaders do look a bit rubbish with the new belts, the east-west ones anyway. I am going to have a mess around this weekend and try and re-work them based on the dimensions of the new high res underneathies, with their steelier, boltier look. They may end up being taller, which means I might have to look at the beltbox as well.

Can't see any icons which are 64x64 yet.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:57 pm
shanemadden wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
The loaders do look a bit rubbish with the new belts, the east-west ones anyway. I am going to have a mess around this weekend and try and re-work them based on the dimensions of the new high res underneathies, with their steelier, boltier look. They may end up being taller, which means I might have to look at the beltbox as well.

Can't see any icons which are 64x64 yet.
Please release a 0.17 version first, even if it looks crappy. The graphics can be updated mid game later.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Confirmed, no 64x64 icons yet - parsing the wording in FFF 277, it sounds like they're planning on pushing that update sometime later in the 0.17 testing cycle.

I'm still going to update the default to 64, since this is a better time to break mods than halfway through the 0.17 release cycle.

I'm doing my last bits of testing and getting the releases ready, will be posted shortly.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

And, they're posted - this has been a long time coming since starting the big rewrite back in November, so thanks a lot to everyone for your feedback and apologies in advance for any issues along the way.

My main focus in the documentation updates was making sure the process for migrating older saves is clear, more updated documentation especially on the API is coming, but what's on the mod portal should be enough for most authors.

Controversial bits, since we're on an experimental branch and all: I've changed a couple settings defaults based on my very unscientific user research (multiplayer with friends): auto-unstacking when picking up stacked items is enabled by default, and inventory loader snapping is disabled by default (with only the enhanced belt-snapping enabled by default).

Bugs, questions, comments, concerns - probably mostly bugs - let's hear it!

Return to “Mods”