hatifur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

Post by hatifur »

Hi,

I get the following error when I insert fuel into a reactor:

Code: Select all

Error while running event RealisticReactors::on_tick (ID 0)
__RealisticReactors__/control.lua:898: bad argument #-1 to 'insert' (string expected, got table)
Is there a way to fix this myself? :)
(I'm totally not a coder...)

- Hati

Mortico
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mortico »

Also ran into an issue when deconstructing some uranium miner blueprint I had placed.
Screenshot 2018-10-16 23.37.05.png
Screenshot 2018-10-16 23.37.05.png (2.65 MiB) Viewed 5932 times

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Mortico wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:54 am
My only real issues are now that the reactor doesn't have reliable auxiliary power, need to figure out how many solar panels it needs to be self-sufficient. Also, the power levels tend to dip from time to time as the reactor is cooled below the 100 mark. Trying to find ways to smooth it out, but it's been challenging.

That was a fun puzzle to solve, if just a bit frustrating.
Despite my old design working fine, upon reading this I've decided to do a redesign for a smoother system, plus bots instead of belts to minimize the footprint further.

Auxiliary power is definitely a problem with the new change, especially with reactors now consuming a great deal of power upon startup (3.7 MW each) and when cooling (1.1 MW each + tower). Solar power alone seems to be too costly and ineffective, with steam engines being my preferred pick.

New Steam Auxiliary Power

The 16 reactors require 60.7 MW for startup which is well beyond 6x Mk4 steam engines, so that phase does require tapping into the main grid. The cooling of all reactors consumes 21.3 MW out of the 21.5 MW provided by the steam engines both day and night as required. The perfect number.

Finished Design

I could make it a bit smaller, but I tend to run through it often so gaps are needed. It's at 1.7 GW as before, but with a beefy combustion core keeping it stable and more compact than solar ever could. With rare bursts of pollution easily absorbed by the trees while still providing a sink for solid fuel, I'm quite satisfied with the decision.

IngoKnieto
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by IngoKnieto »

hatifur wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:47 pm
I get the following error when I insert fuel into a reactor:

Code: Select all

Error while running event RealisticReactors::on_tick (ID 0)
__RealisticReactors__/control.lua:898: bad argument #-1 to 'insert' (string expected, got table)
Mortico wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:41 am
Also ran into an issue when deconstructing some uranium miner blueprint I had placed.

Screenshot 2018-10-16 23.37.05.png
Both should be fixed in version 2.0.3. Thanks for reporting...

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

When attempting to use the deconstruction planner on a reactor ghost:

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this mod compatible with other mods that introduce new reactor fuels? Specifically, I'm wondering if it's compatible with MadClown's nuclear mods.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

septemberWaves wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:07 am
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this mod compatible with other mods that introduce new reactor fuels? Specifically, I'm wondering if it's compatible with MadClown's nuclear mods.
The dynamic fuel type formula isn't compatible with MadClown's (Which I also use), so you'll be forced to use Ingo's formula for full efficiency of all the fuel types for the time being. Otherwise the thorium fuel doesn't burn hotter than typical uranium.

I've tried adding it manually but I ended up getting a bug now and then, so hopefully official support will come soon.

Tintenkobold
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tintenkobold »

Hi! First things first: Thanks for the great mod! I really enjoy playing around and optimizing the new stuff.

When it comes to producing energy I run into a bug with crash:

When I place a heat pipe next to the reactor I get the following error message and the game crashes: https://imgur.com/xuuK0To
Attachments
heat.png
heat.png (86.78 KiB) Viewed 5775 times

lachesis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lachesis »

I've just finished a 4-reactor build with a steam buffer, using Bob's highest level turbines and heat exchangers. These do not begin producing power until 765C, which helps with the reactor startup, but also requires me to run pretty hot (~840C) before all of my heat exchangers reach the 765C minimum required for them to produce steam. However, I've noticed that with a single cooling tower per reactor, ECCS is unable to cool the machines at full power output with no steam demand. The slowly creep up towards 1000C even with a Mk3 pump forcing cold water in and drawing hot water out. Is this expected? Do I need two cooling towers per reactor to allow for passive safety? I have temporarily worked around this by adding some additional cooling towers to the steam system which will draw from the buffer if it goes above 720K steam. I also configured the reactors to scram at 715K steam and start at 30K steam. I will post some pictures of my setup once I fix a bug or two with the steam buffer combinators.

Edit: blueprint of my reactor design

screenshots:
quad-reactor-overview.jpg
quad-reactor-overview.jpg (586.52 KiB) Viewed 5713 times
quad-reactor.jpg
quad-reactor.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 5713 times

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

Light wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm
Finished Design
No blueprint string? :)

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Tintenkobold wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:41 am
Hi! First things first: Thanks for the great mod! I really enjoy playing around and optimizing the new stuff.

When it comes to producing energy I run into a bug with crash:

When I place a heat pipe next to the reactor I get the following error message and the game crashes: https://imgur.com/xuuK0To
Same mistake here, can you solve this please, it's game breaking bug, it happens when you click to open reactor control panel

EDIT: It tends to happen when i use bluprint to put down reactor and various connections, if i place down reactor and connected pipes manually it seems to work fine.
reactorbug.jpg
reactorbug.jpg (968.87 KiB) Viewed 5675 times

glee8e
Inserter
Inserter

Post by glee8e »

xeln4g4 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:09 pm
Same mistake here, can you solve this please, it's game breaking bug, it happens when you click to open reactor control panel

EDIT: It tends to happen when i use bluprint to put down reactor and various connections, if i place down reactor and connected pipes manually it seems to work fine.

reactorbug.jpg
I tried sandbox and blowed up a quad-linked reactor. The moment the explosion took place the game crashed with the same error message. Quite epic though :D, as the explosion power is so great that it shaked the basic laws of the game, crashing it as a result

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Crash when reactor destroy with statistic tab open
Last edited by Kamsta99 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

@glee8e quad reactors are possible but hard to remain stable...
No steam buffer, no reactor water cooling
PS: Reactor graphic from old version of mod with few tweaks

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

roze wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:49 pm
Light wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm
Finished Design
No blueprint string? :)
Sorry, but I haven't played the game since the day that was posted. When 0.17 drops and Bob makes his updates, the blueprint will have to be updated anyway.

It still lacks the proper circuit conditions to trigger reactor activation based on electrical need, so that reactors aren't unnecessarily wasting fuel. It was something on my to-do list that was halted once news said that 0.17 may be happening "Soon". My intention with 0.17's reactor is that once the blueprint is down, the reactor truly becomes dynamic and adaptive to the situation. I have written the logic to do this, but didn't put it in practice yet.

I also hope official support for MadClown's thorium is added at that time as well, given the logic may also be dynamic to the fuel type used.

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

Is this mod getting updated for .17? I really wish to continue playing my map and not start a new.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

there have been added a lot of functions that will make this mod simpler and faster so it may take a while until we changed everything
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

I'll simply look forward to the release then. Thank you kindly for your work and good luck :)

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

maybe we can publish the fixed old version a bit earlier...

try this one and report any bugs you may find

known issues:
- the graph is broken and maybe a few more gui elements

look out for: (here might be bugs, but i didn't see any at first sight)
- inserters inserting or removing fuel cells from the invisible reactor, resulting in more used cells than you are supposed to get or higher demand of fresh fuel cells
- meltdown issues
- combinator broken
- blueprint stuff broken
- dunno what else could go wrong..

i don't have time to do more for you right now, but i hope this saves your day

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wrfjuaecba48 ... .zip?raw=1
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

I have installed it, but cant test yet, waiting for some final mods to get patches first. MergerChests is taking its time, w/o it, my LTN breaks.

Return to “Mods”