Exploration Mode

Topics and discussion about specific mods

smjjames
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Exploration Mode

Post by smjjames »

For the modular suit batteries, how do you charge them up besides using the portable solar panels? Would be nice if there was a way to plug them into the bases energy network.

Thorvin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thorvin »

smjjames wrote:For the modular suit batteries, how do you charge them up besides using the portable solar panels? Would be nice if there was a way to plug them into the bases energy network.
The batteries and solar panel are from the original game and work just the same. I am not currently planning on modding them.
You will get portable fusion reactors later in the game, to use instead of solar panels.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

any word on an update here? this is exactly what I've been looking for to interim between steam to nukes

Thorvin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thorvin »

Hi !

All of the mods are almost completely ready for 0.16. I am currently testing them and I will release them soon. Technology Specialization will be coming at a later time.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

A bit more in-depth description of each mod separately would be welcome - what buildings do they add, what kind of progression is there within the mod, what vanilla item/stats does it affect, etc. I'm specifically looking at Outpost Power to fill out the huge gap in tech from boiler-steam to nuclear

Thorvin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thorvin »

Hi ! 4 out of 5 mods from Exploration Mode 0.16 are now available.
  1. Alternative Oil Processing https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AlternativeOil
  2. Outpost Power https://mods.factorio.com/mod/OutpostPower
  3. Vehicle Balancing https://mods.factorio.com/mod/VehicleBalancing
  4. Basic Robotics https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BasicRobotics
Better late than never i guess !

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

I'm getting a collision between Alternative Oil Processing and Flow Control or Advanced Underground Piping (either-both are affected), it throws the following error during loading :

Eta: getting a crash on load from TechSpec, chasing down the collisison, will edit to followup -

ETA2: After some trial and error, I determined it was colliding unhappily with Deep Core Mining. and also, is TechSpec compatible with RSO? I've explored extensively and not found any Cobalt or Silicon veins

ETA3: cobalt and silicon ore weren't spawning so I'm making a local edit so it'll use Bob's ores spawn

Thorvin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thorvin »

Hi !

Exploration mode has not been tested with other mod series and is kind of not really made to work well next to them.

I haven't tested RSO, but I will look into making it work.

The ores are already generated with bob's function library. How did you solution work out ?

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

well Bob's Ores has integration into RSO, so it spawns its ores using the RSO rules; I turned off all other ores except cobalt and quartz. it might be beneficial to match internal names with Bob's for occasions like this. the main difference is that instead of the vanilla 50-stack ores I get Bob's 200-stack, plus the Bob's Ores icons. I'm pretty sure everything else is spawning according to Tech Spec's patches and rules, but I'm too deep into this map to want to re-run a map for it without some guidance on what to test from your end

Thorvin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thorvin »

Did you start the game with tech spec activated ?

Return to “Mods”