[MOD 0.8.x] Blueprints V0.6.4 OBSOLETE

Topics and discussion about specific mods
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD WIP 0.2.10] Blueprints!!!

Post by drs9999 »

Ha lol... I guess that would be too easy :D

Also there are some new "rotation"-functions in the entity-files for the pipes and steamboiler maybe and can work with them as well.

BTW. Before 0.3.0 I played a bit around and extract the paste-part into the ontick-event ( exactly in a function that was called every 0.5 sec). That looked awesome!

Thanks for the idea, hopefully I will find some time on the weekend to mess around with it.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD WIP 0.2.10] Blueprints!!!

Post by drs9999 »

Finally I proudly present the first experimental release for 0.3.x

I dont want to write and explain that much about it yet, just want see if you can find any bugs ( very likely ;) ) and how easy-to-use it is without any further description.

Just a small note: If you try to copy/cut steam-engine make sure that they all have the same orietation and click the related orientation-button BEFORE you hit copy or cut.

Hope you will like it.
Last edited by drs9999 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD WIP 0.3.x] Blueprints!!!

Post by slpwnd »

I played around with the new mod version a little bit. I like the idea a lot. I have couple of comments:

- The orientation of entities is not kept (inserter, transport belt, etc.) We will add the getOrientation for the next release :) .
- The mod only checks the main inventory for entities to build from. I keep the common entities in the quick bar and would like the mod to take it from there as well.
- I went through the code and saw that you explicitly list things that the mod is supposed to ignore. I suppose it would be better to have this defined by an entity property rather than a specific list (which is error
prone for the future). We already have (internally) something like "placeable neutral" and "placeable player" flag which expresses that the player can built the entity (so this excludes the arrows, corpses,
explosions, etc.). This too can be added to the Lua interface.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks for the feedback.
slpwnd wrote:- The orientation of entities is not kept (inserter, transport belt, etc.) We will add the getOrientation for the next release :) .
Awesome! Thx very much!
slpwnd wrote:- The mod only checks the main inventory for entities to build from. I keep the common entities in the quick bar and would like the mod to take it from there as well.
Yeah good point. Atm I just did not found a good way to "combine" both inventories, but it is on the to-do list. I think I have an idea how to deal with it.

Not sure if I undestood your last point correctly. Do I have access to these flags in the current verion? If yes, then it is of course the better solution.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

drs9999 wrote:Not sure if I undestood your last point correctly. Do I have access to these flags in the current verion? If yes, then it is of course the better solution.
Nope, it is not in there yet :|

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

access to direction and to flag is prepared for 0.4

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I just uploaded an "official experimental" release of the mod :D

Enjoy!

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

YAY! :D
Any known issues? (other than the fertilizer tech icon being in the corner instead of the center of the picture :))

Hmm, do you not think the markers are really cheap? Even if you can't use them until you unlock steel and advanced electronics. Perhaps you should modify the advanced electronics tech to unlock the recipes instead of having them in your crafting menu before you can actually use them though...
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

FreeER wrote:other than the fertilizer tech icon being in the corner instead of the center of the picture :)
Wrong Mod :D (Anyway I use the fertilizer icon as tech icon, too and forgot that tech icons are bigger, but no big deal imo)
FreeER wrote:Any known issues?
No known issues I am able to fix right now. Inserters, transportbelts, underground belts/pipes (anything else I forgot?) "loose" their orientation - the old problem, but with factorio 0.4.0 I should be able to deal with that. Also the additional buttons that pop up when you copy steam-engines will be history then.
FreeER wrote:Hmm, do you not think the markers are really cheap? Even if you can't use them until you unlock steel and advanced electronics. Perhaps you should modify the advanced electronics tech to unlock the recipes instead of having them in your crafting menu before you can actually use them though...
The markers or the nanobots? For the markers I do not care, it is not important how expensive or cheap they are imho. And for the nanobots I do not think so.
Reffering to the first screenshot in the first post, you can see that this small setup needs over 200 nanobots to be copied/cutted. You will get some back, but you have to produce them first (Copy: 50%-75% back; Cut: 25%-50% back).

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

drs9999 wrote:Wrong Mod (Anyway I use the fertilizer icon as tech icon, too and forgot that tech icons are bigger, but no big deal imo)
Oops :oops: , I installed them at the same time lol. I'm about to do a new world and see how alot of the mods work together :)
drs9999 wrote:Reffering to the first screenshot in the first post, you can see that this small setup needs over 200 nanobots to be copied/cutted. You will get some back, but you have to produce them first (Copy: 50%-75% back; Cut: 25%-50% back).
I meant the nanobots yes, I forgot how many it can take for a simple blueprint lol. That makes more sense then :D
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

hmm, no idea how this happened, but I went to copy a turret setup while beta testing ficolas's mod and as soon as I placed the second copy/paste marker...content title Error -1 while running the event hander: (null)
copy-paste.png
copy-paste.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 5758 times
Maybe it's a sign that I should not use a semi-beta with another beta mod LOL
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I have had that error while making the mod a lot, it happends when you try to make a menu when one alredy exists, if the blueprint mod uses a menu, to make the mods compatible, we will need to do something.

Edit: I tested, and thats exactly what happends, I allways have a gui opened, so when another mod opens a gui, the game crashes, because in this version, guis can only be on the side, so yup, we need to do a addon or a version to make the mods work together, I think that the easier way would be hidding my menu while the blueprint menu is opened, or adding the blueprint menu to my menu.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

OH! GUI bugs already :lol:, definitely going to need more support for this in the 4.x update. Requiring all mods to have extra code to make them compatible with every other mod that has a gui...not so good lol
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Well, that sucks...
ficolas wrote:we need to do a addon or a version to make the mods work together, I think that the easier way would be hidding my menu while the blueprint menu is opened, or adding the blueprint menu to my menu.
Hmm... This maybe could work at some point, but it is not a satisfactory solution imo. What do you want to do if third mod uses a GUI as well? Release another customized version? So that means 1 "vanilla" FMod, 1 that will work with my mod, 1 that will work with the third mod and 1 that will work with both. And what about a fourth mod that uses GUI?!

What is about interfaces? Maybe they can handle that, but I dont know. I did not used ore played with them yet.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

We can bug the devs to do something, or put all modders together to do something, lets wait till a dev sees this.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Ok I read trough the interfaces stuff and I think it can be handled at some point.

So we could define a specific GUI-script-interface ( and custome-event?!). If a mod uses a UI the mod script checks if it exists in the onInit. If yes then it is fine if not the script creates the interface. After that the mod checks everytime if the event is raised before the UI is created. If it is not raised the flow can be created.

But thats just prevent the appearring error. So there is more stuff to think about. What will happen if the mod cant display the UI because another mod displays its UI? Reffering to your mod, what will happen if a flow is shown all the time? Etc.

Questions over questions :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

What if the flow would be there everytime automatically, so mods would just add to it/remove from it, and the mod gui would stack there.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Hmm with more then one possible flow-position (what is planned) that could work.
What do you mean with "automatically"? That the mod-script have to take care and check if the flow exists - if not create it, or that the vanilla-game provide the flow(s)?

Anyway I would suggest then that there have to be something like a frame with a label to make sure that the user knows where each button are coming from ( if wanted or needed by the modder).

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex wrote:What if the flow would be there everytime automatically, so mods would just add to it/remove from it, and the mod gui would stack there.
But I have a flow that is allways there, with a buttom, that says extend, and when you click it, another flow opens.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

drs9999 wrote:Hmm with more then one possible flow-position (what is planned) that could work.
What do you mean with "automatically"? That the mod-script have to take care and check if the flow exists - if not create it, or that the vanilla-game provide the flow(s)?

Anyway I would suggest then that there have to be something like a frame with a label to make sure that the user knows where each button are coming from ( if wanted or needed by the modder).
I'm assuming that the vanilla-game would provide a flow in each location (probably invisible until something was added to it) then modders could append to the flow their buttons and pressing one of the buttons would close the 'vanilla' flow, after the mod's flow was closed the modder would then either reopen the 'vanilla' flow or the game would have to be coded to reopen the vanilla flow if it noticed that no flows were open. Or maybe clicking a button would open another flow beside the 'vanilla' flow, something along one of these lines anyways (probably, possibly, maybe, idk lol)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

Return to “Mods”