[MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Trifonius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Post by Trifonius »

Error while running event miniloader::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
Expected target_circuit_id for target entities with more than one circuit connector.
stack traceback:
__miniloader__/circuit.lua:128: in function 'sync_partner_connections'
__miniloader__/circuit.lua:207: in function 'monitor_selections'
__miniloader__/circuit.lua:247: in function 'on_player_holding_wire'
__miniloader__/circuit.lua:270: in function <__miniloader__/circuit.lua:264>

Happened on the last miniloader of my train station :(
All other loaders connected just fine. I've tried breaking and replacing it, to no avail.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Trifonius wrote:Error while running event miniloader::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
Expected target_circuit_id for target entities with more than one circuit connector.
This looks like it has to do with connecting to combinators. For now: try connecting the combinators to a pole, then connecting the miniloader(s) to the pole, instead of directly to a combinator. I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce.
Miniloader β€” UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders β€” Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer β€” Route items and fluids freely underground

cvkurt
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader - separate filter entity

Post by cvkurt »

In my previous factories, I hadn't much need for filtering loaders... but in my latest factory I'm using palleting (universal pallets)... and that begs for filter loaders. Your mod is just the ticket!

I do wish filter mini-loaders were a separate entity. I see above you were concerned about having too many color options.

Maybe have just one 'filter loader' which operates at the highest belt speed available... and color it white to match the stack inserter color. That will help avoid having to create too many versions that differ only by color... as well as keep the crafting menu clutter down.

Thanks for the great mod!

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

There is a bug, sometimes miniloaders only output on one side on the belt, until i rotate them back and forth:

_autosave2.zip
(16.43 MiB) Downloaded 142 times

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Therax, I left you a PM here on the forums with all the changes I made to allow filtered and non-filtered miniloaders.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Late last night I ran into a problem with wiring loaders.

i two warehouses each getting 3 yellow belts of stuff.
i wired the first 3 loaders to a pole indiviudally and then the pole to the warehouse.
set each loader to stop at a certain amount.

made a bp of the loaders, removed the other ones by the warehouse and plopped down the bp.

the loaders were placed, with wires :) when i clicked on them to verify the threshold coped I could only access a panel that offered to override the stack inserter count; it didn't let me access the wiring settings until i removed them, manually replaced them and wired them to the pole myself.

i'm working from memory, if you need more info i'll reproduce it in game and provide what info i can.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Version 1.5.0 has been released. Unfiltered and filtered miniloaders are now available once the technology has been researched, with separate recipes, items, etc. If you were using filtered miniloaders under 1.4.x, you'll need to replace them and set up your filter settings again. My apologies for the inconvenience!
Trifonius wrote:Error while running event miniloader::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
This should now be fixed.
cvkurt wrote:I do wish filter mini-loaders were a separate entity. I see above you were concerned about having too many color options.
Done!
staviq wrote:There is a bug, sometimes miniloaders only output on one side on the belt, until i rotate them back and forth:
I've been unable to reproduce this. The mod portal is being slow and unreliable at the moment, so I wasn't able to look at your saved game in detail. I'll try again later, but if you can provide any additional detail, that would be helpful: were the affected miniloaders placed by hand or by robot? Were they migrated from a prior version?
Sunnova wrote:Therax, I left you a PM here on the forums with all the changes I made to allow filtered and non-filtered miniloaders.
I saw your message, but was delayed responding to it while I puttered around with graphics. I didn't end up using any of your code as a result, but I appreciate the offer! :)
pleauser wrote:the loaders were placed, with wires :) when i clicked on them to verify the threshold coped I could only access a panel that offered to override the stack inserter count; it didn't let me access the wiring settings until i removed them, manually replaced them and wired them to the pole myself.
This sounds like the robots placed the inserters, and one was connected to your pole, but other was not. Odd. I'd seen this occur before, but I added some very complex (and hence probably buggy) code in 1.4 that is supposed to resynchronize all the connections when a miniloader is placed by robots. I tried to reproduce your scenario, but was not able to. In my testing the standard circuit interface was accessible on miniloaders placed by bots from a blueprint. If you're able to reliably get this to happen, some more detailed reproduction steps, possibly with a saved game, would be helpful!

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Therax wrote:
pleauser wrote:the loaders were placed, with wires :) when i clicked on them to verify the threshold coped I could only access a panel that offered to override the stack inserter count; it didn't let me access the wiring settings until i removed them, manually replaced them and wired them to the pole myself.
This sounds like the robots placed the inserters, and one was connected to your pole, but other was not. Odd. I'd seen this occur before, but I added some very complex (and hence probably buggy) code in 1.4 that is supposed to resynchronize all the connections when a miniloader is placed by robots. I tried to reproduce your scenario, but was not able to. In my testing the standard circuit interface was accessible on miniloaders placed by bots from a blueprint. If you're able to reliably get this to happen, some more detailed reproduction steps, possibly with a saved game, would be helpful!

I will test with the new version and give you an update with more info/save etc.

edit: Happy to report that I was not able to reproduce this issue with the latest version. also an error when mining a busy loader that was connected to the circuit network also went away before i could get more info :)
Last edited by pleauser on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

are these mini loaders really inserters?
Why not just resize the loaders?

It's sad that we must choose for with or without filter and can not have both variations.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

steinio wrote:Hi,

It's sad that we must choose for with or without filter and can not have both variations.
you must not have read the latest version history. there are seperate versions for filter/unfilter :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

pleauser wrote:

you must not have read the latest version history. there are seperate versions for filter/unfilter :)
You are right and thank you.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

The original reason for this mod was for a UPS-friendly way to load/unload trains from belts, which loaders cannot do. Loaders are also not circuit controllable, whereas inserters are.

Everything about this mod is about minimizing Lua scripting impact on UPS, to try and make belts a bit more flexible and viable for megabases. ;)

Also, thanks for pointing out that the documentation is out of date. I'll get right on fixing that!

lordkrike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lordkrike »

Therax:

Thanks for the great mod. Two notes:

1) When updating to 0.15, I did not receive the filter-version recipes for loader technologies I had already researched. i.e. I had yellow and read miniloaders, but did not get the filter recipe for them when migrating.

2) I know you've already tweaked the material costs, but could you consider using earlier tiers of loaders as components to higher tiers? I have a ton of yellow loaders lying around that I'd like to get rid of via upgrading. It seems more economical and is how the vanilla belt-related items work.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

lordkrike wrote:Therax:

Thanks for the great mod. Two notes:

1) When updating to 0.15, I did not receive the filter-version recipes for loader technologies I had already researched. i.e. I had yellow and read miniloaders, but did not get the filter recipe for them when migrating.

2) I know you've already tweaked the material costs, but could you consider using earlier tiers of loaders as components to higher tiers? I have a ton of yellow loaders lying around that I'd like to get rid of via upgrading. It seems more economical and is how the vanilla belt-related items work.
I'd like to second #2 :)

Also, On my existing game I still have issues with bot-places blueprints that contain circuit connected (yellow) miniloaders. I'm not able to reproduce it with a new save, same mods, but i'll keep trying. So far i'm inclined to think its related to the fact i've been playing this save since .16.8 or earlier and there have also been multiple updates to your mod- so multiple passes on the migration scripts, not to mention tons of other mod updates.. i'm inclined to pass it off as a fluke but it also could shed some light on issues for you, if you want i can zip up everything and provide detailed explanations :-p

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

lordkrike wrote:1) When updating to 0.15, I did not receive the filter-version recipes for loader technologies I had already researched. i.e. I had yellow and read miniloaders, but did not get the filter recipe for them when migrating.
I knew I forgot something important!
lordkrike wrote:2) I know you've already tweaked the material costs, but could you consider using earlier tiers of loaders as components to higher tiers? I have a ton of yellow loaders lying around that I'd like to get rid of via upgrading. It seems more economical and is how the vanilla belt-related items work.
You know, I never thought of the progression as being a way to dispose of outdated components. Possibly this is because I'm obsessed with efficiency and continue using yellow belts and inserters for low throughput parts of my factory right into the endgame. I'll have a look at changing this.
pleauser wrote:Also, On my existing game I still have issues with bot-places blueprints that contain circuit connected (yellow) miniloaders. I'm not able to reproduce it with a new save, same mods, but i'll keep trying. So far i'm inclined to think its related to the fact i've been playing this save since .16.8 or earlier and there have also been multiple updates to your mod- so multiple passes on the migration scripts, not to mention tons of other mod updates.. i'm inclined to pass it off as a fluke but it also could shed some light on issues for you, if you want i can zip up everything and provide detailed explanations :-p
If you could send me the save and reproduction steps, I'd like to see what exactly has ended up in your blueprint that is confusing my scripting, and see if I can work out a fix. Thanks!

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Therax wrote: If you could send me the save and reproduction steps, I'd like to see what exactly has ended up in your blueprint that is confusing my scripting, and see if I can work out a fix. Thanks!
Here ya go. link is to a onedrive folder containing 2 3 files.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aiyq9eOZBdDCgfQqHgk9A7mqt5lUaw

mods.7z is my full mods directory to make it simple for you to install.
11.zip is the save.

I'm running the standalone version .016.15
which I also just tossed in there :-p
--
repro steps.

the only bp in my tool bar is a warehouse with some loaders, some basic circuitry.
the manually placed original, to my characters left, works fine.

the pasted version to my right, if you click on the loaders above the warehouse that are clearly green wired, you cannot access the circuit network properties without manually replacing and wiring them. In fact they aren't really connected.

also when i created the BP I was unable to toggle off the extra loaders underneath the warehouse. they ignored my clicks :) I've not tried to individual remove loaders from a bp in a while.

edit: clarity

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

lordkrike wrote: 1) When updating to 0.15, I did not receive the filter-version recipes for loader technologies I had already researched. i.e. I had yellow and read miniloaders, but did not get the filter recipe for them when migrating.
Now fixed in v1.5.1.
pleauser wrote: Here ya go. link is to a onedrive folder containing 2 3 files.
Thank you! I'm having a look now.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

pleauser wrote: the pasted version to my right, if you click on the loaders above the warehouse that are clearly green wired, you cannot access the circuit network properties without manually replacing and wiring them. In fact they aren't really connected.
Thank you for the save. This problem is a bad interaction with the Nanobots mod. For some reason, Nanobots raises the on_built_entity event instead of the on_robot_built_entity. Since this is the event for a player building something, and it's normally impossible for a player to build an entity that is already connected to a circuit network or with circuit conditions set, Miniloader skips a bunch of processing that's needed to bring the various invisible entities back into sync. Fortunately it looks like Nanobots sets a flag that should let me fix this by treating these builds as robot builds.
pleauser wrote: also when i created the BP I was unable to toggle off the extra loaders underneath the warehouse. they ignored my clicks :) I've not tried to individual remove loaders from a bp in a while.
Ah, interesting. It looks like creating a blueprint actually blueprints all of the overlapping entities, and right-clicking removes one of them, but the rest are still present. I think this is also fixable.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Therax wrote:
pleauser wrote: the pasted version to my right, if you click on the loaders above the warehouse that are clearly green wired, you cannot access the circuit network properties without manually replacing and wiring them. In fact they aren't really connected.
Thank you for the save. This problem is a bad interaction with the Nanobots mod. For some reason, Nanobots raises the on_built_entity event instead of the on_robot_built_entity. Since this is the event for a player building something, and it's normally impossible for a player to build an entity that is already connected to a circuit network or with circuit conditions set, Miniloader skips a bunch of processing that's needed to bring the various invisible entities back into sync. Fortunately it looks like Nanobots sets a flag that should let me fix this by treating these builds as robot builds.
pleauser wrote: also when i created the BP I was unable to toggle off the extra loaders underneath the warehouse. they ignored my clicks :) I've not tried to individual remove loaders from a bp in a while.
Ah, interesting. It looks like creating a blueprint actually blueprints all of the overlapping entities, and right-clicking removes one of them, but the rest are still present. I think this is also fixable.

very cool. I was concerned it might be nanobots.. but haven't dug into the whole bobs-robots thing yet :-p

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Asanda_Nima »

Hio,

thanks for the filter option!!

But why did you hide the loader so far behind the tech?
I mean you get red belts before you even get the yellow miniloader?
And pumps are necessary for miniloader?

I can somehow understand automation 2, but all the other tech and even science2 packs? All the parts you need for the yellow-miniloader are available for science1 and can be built already way earlier.

Why not lower the requirements to automation2 and logistics1?

Return to β€œMods”