[MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Unexpected behavior/bug: backlogging although same speed

Post by Impatient »

Hey Therax,

thanks for this great mod. By now I use it in all my singleplayer games.

I found a case where the miniloaders seem to misbehave. In this case they seem to not load at full speed.

The setup to reproduce the misbehavior is like this:
factorio.miniloader.setup.issue.backlogging.png
factorio.miniloader.setup.issue.backlogging.png (349.57 KiB) Viewed 6593 times

Setup from left to right:
1. A chest filled with any type of item.
2. A miniloader for unloading onto the belt, but initially oriented the wrong way.
3. A belt of some length, so that you can clearly observe what is going on on the belt.
4. A miniloader for loading into an
5. Empty chest

Steps to reproduce:
1. Rotate the LEFT miniloader, so that it unloads onto the belt.

Observed behavior = expected behavior: Left minoloader unloads and right miniloader loads at full speed (45 units/s).

2. Rotate the RIGHT miniloader, so that it stops loading into the chest.
3. Rotate the RIGHT miniloader, so that it loads into the chest again.

Observed behavior != expected behavior: The items on the lower lane of the belt are backlogging. (Rotate the LEFT miniloader, so that it stops unloading onto the belt, to get a clearer view of this behavior, while the belt empties.)

I use the mod for some game time now, but this is the first time I notice this behavior. So it seems to be no biggie. Anyways, I hope this report helps.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unexpected behavior/bug: backlogging although same speed

Post by Therax »

Impatient wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:22 am
Observed behavior != expected behavior: The items on the lower lane of the belt are backlogging. (Rotate the LEFT miniloader, so that it stops unloading onto the belt, to get a clearer view of this behavior, while the belt empties.)
Are you running the latest version (1.8.3)?
Miniloader β€” UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders β€” Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer β€” Route items and fluids freely underground

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unexpected behavior/bug: backlogging although same speed

Post by Impatient »

No I was not. It was 1.8.2. After updating to 1.8.3 the behavior is always the expected one. Thanks! :-)

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Post by Impatient »

hi!

I ran into the uneven loading bug again. This time with a red miniloader that loads a chest from a full blue belt. Rotating the red miniloader twice makes it load at different speeds from the two lanes.
This time I checked to have the latest version of miniloader (1.8.3). When trying to trigger this behavior, it works maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. It seems the 2 loading speeds are 18-12.

I attached a save where it happened. The save has a build for blueprinting and testing, so there are some mods needed. You just need Creative Items (and Nixie Tubes if you want to see the throughput numbers).

Cheers!
Attachments
miniloader uneven.zip
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 pm
hi!

I ran into the uneven loading bug again. This time with a red miniloader that loads a chest from a full blue belt. Rotating the red miniloader twice makes it load at different speeds from the two lanes.
This time I checked to have the latest version of miniloader (1.8.3). When trying to trigger this behavior, it works maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. It seems the 2 loading speeds are 18-12.

I attached a save where it happened. The save has a build for blueprinting and testing, so there are some mods needed. You just need Creative Items (and Nixie Tubes if you want to see the throughput numbers).

Cheers!
This may happen if you use a miniloader of one tier with a mis-matched belt tier. The inserter timings get unpredictable and I don't promise consistent results.

Isabella690
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Isabella690 »

when i rotate miniloader that have item on it bc it went wrong way i get that error. only i can do is remove it then rebuild it ...but cant rotate it when stuff is in miniloader ( sorry about my english hope you do understand what i m explaining.)is there a fix?Image

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Isabella690 wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:39 pm
when i rotate miniloader that have item on it bc it went wrong way i get that error. only i can do is remove it then rebuild it ...but cant rotate it when stuff is in miniloader ( sorry about my english hope you do understand what i m explaining.)is there a fix?Image
What other mods are you running? Looking at the second Miniloader from the right, I can see both arrows pointed right and arrows pointed up. That should never be possible and I think probably another mod broke it.

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

I also get that same error; chutes seem to rotate themselves at random when not on screen, with no modded entities interacting with them. Trying to rotate them manually causes the crash.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Changes in next version of Factorio that may affect mod Miniloader

Post by Impatient »

Hey Therax!

As your great mod is vital to almost all my games, I want to notify you about an upcoming change in factorio, that may affect the mod, in case you did not yet catch the news.

Cheers!

funkygerbil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by funkygerbil »

After updating my modded save that includes miniloader from 0.17 to Factorio 0.18.2 (before update: 1.8.5, after update: 1.9.2) I can't load my save anymore: viewtopic.php?p=476286#p476286. Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Yeah, I also have my megabase save crashing on me in 0.18.2. Miniloader is updated. Though I have 28 mods in this save and ... you know. How can I tell, that the reason is that miniloader can not migrate properly? If you can tell me how to pinpoint this, I would be glad to help.

dorfl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dorfl »

Therax wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 pm
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 pm
... ran into the uneven loading bug again.
This may happen if you use a miniloader of one tier with a mis-matched belt tier. The inserter timings get unpredictable and I don't promise consistent results.
Fwiw, attached is a minimal 0.18 sandbox save with miniloaders 1.9.3 that shows express miniloaders having trouble unloading an express belt. The lower belt lane (right in direction of travel) stutters. The problem is also intermittent in my normal base -- sometimes unloading works fine yet the same blueprint elsewhere will run slow.

It's not a huge deal. Just wanted to note that it's not necessarily due to mismatched tiers.
test.zip
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

The mod Miniloader caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event miniloader::on_player_rotated_entity (ID 19)
__miniloader__/control.lua:184: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__miniloader__/control.lua:184: in function 'handler'
__miniloader__/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <__miniloader__/lualib/event.lua:13>
Attached is the savefile. To your right is a miniloader that is not properly rotated. When hovering over it and pressing R to rotate it, the game crashes with the message above. I've rotated several miniloaders on my way here without issue (just to test after first crash). This loader is particular is causing the crash.

The savefile uses a bunch of mods, though all from the mod portal; so you should be able to synchronize all mods and settings with the synchronize function when loading the save.

Running on version 0.18.6 due to Space Exploration.
Attachments
miniloaderRotateCrash.zip
(12.92 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Molay wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 pm
Attached is the savefile. To your right is a miniloader that is not properly rotated. When hovering over it and pressing R to rotate it, the game crashes with the message above.
Thanks for the report! This was caused by a mistake on my part allowing the Mining Drones to mine part (and only part) of the miniloader. This should be fixed in v1.9.4 now.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Such a curious bug, part of the miniloaders being mined by another mods robots :D

Glad the savefile was useful! Thank you for the quick fix!

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

Just updated this to the 1.10 version and it breaks when bobs logistics is also enabled.
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (22.35 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
I don't know what it means as i don't code, but i'm sure you will.

Thank for the mod.

Magicwoman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Magicwoman »

I have the same problem.
Then I tried to load the game all mods disabled and only enabled the miniloader mod and got following error:
error_miniloader.JPG
error_miniloader.JPG (26.37 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
thanks for your great work =)

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Wisey wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:12 pm
Just updated this to the 1.10 version and it breaks when bobs logistics is also enabled.
This should be fixed in v1.10.2. It only happened when the Bob's Logistics option for Overhauled Transport Belts was turned off.
Magicwoman wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 am
Then I tried to load the game all mods disabled and only enabled the miniloader mod and got following error:
That's very strange and I can't reproduce that on my end. Are you sure you're running the latest versions of Factorio and Miniloader?

OrangeJuice
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OrangeJuice »

EDIT: Looks like the problem was from the base game, 0.18.12 patch seems to have removed the error!

Apologies if you're already aware of this, but I've just got an error with the newest Factorio version (0.18.11) and wanted to pass it on! Happens when deconstructing a chute with personal robots ... I am using modded construction bots from Pyanadon's so hopefully that isn't the root of the problem and I'm bothering you for nothing :shock:
Many thanks for the great mod!

https://imgur.com/a/ZUVVOEb
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.11.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.11.52 PM.png (55.55 KiB) Viewed 5615 times

WatsonGravy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WatsonGravy »

Magicwoman wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 am
I have the same problem.

error_miniloader.JPG

thanks for your great work =)
Hello!

Im getting this same error "Fast-filter-miniloader (recipe)" running 18.X and Miniloader 1.11.1 (UPDATE: Just found out i'm only getting this error when i try to run the mod from my MAC, working fine on PC. I tried uninstalling/re-installing the mod and Factorio, getting the same error each time.)

Love the mod by the way! Thanks
Last edited by WatsonGravy on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to β€œMods”