Page 5 of 9

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:29 pm
by SharkCK
Ok. So what is the point of the research even being learned in the first place?


Let me explain exactly what happened.
I got the quest to find GlaDOS and it said to do research in order for the radar to find the shipwreck so that I can rescue her. This scan technology was disabled and I was not able to research it to find the ship. Once I enabled that research in the .lua file and researched it in the game the radar detected the ship. I was then able to go to it and recover GlaDOS.

So, based on what you said, we arent supposed to have a technology available to research and we have to find GlaDOS by pure luck exploring the map? If that's the case, I would recommend updating the quest text to state that there is no way to detect her and you have to explore to find the shipwreck.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:22 pm
by FerrariMAF
SharkCK wrote:Ok. So what is the point of the research even being learned in the first place?


Let me explain exactly what happened.
I got the quest to find GlaDOS and it said to do research in order for the radar to find the shipwreck so that I can rescue her. This scan technology was disabled and I was not able to research it to find the ship. Once I enabled that research in the .lua file and researched it in the game the radar detected the ship. I was then able to go to it and recover GlaDOS.

So, based on what you said, we arent supposed to have a technology available to research and we have to find GlaDOS by pure luck exploring the map? If that's the case, I would recommend updating the quest text to state that there is no way to detect her and you have to explore to find the shipwreck.
Shark
The techonology becomes available by code, when the rescue mission is given
game.forces["player"].technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].enabled=true
I cannot leave it enabled before the quest is given

I don´t know why it did not become available in your game... maybe a bug. But here in my test it worked fine. The player has two ways to find the GlaDOS: by exploring or by researching

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:03 am
by wvlad
Hi, thanks for your mod. I just want to say that the night boss is too strong. I encountered it on 73% evolution. It spawned near other enemy bases so when I came there was already too much enemies following me. I had a tank with a flamethrower and it was impossible to kill that thing. So after two hours I edited his hp from 100k to 10k in mod files and after all killed it (still pretty hard). I've just found and researched Nuclear Power so didn't have any nuclear ammo yet. I'm not sure what I was expected to use...

I even tried to use turret creep with buller ammo, placed nearly 100 turrets in a circle (with 10 sec warmup time) and all of the turrets were destroyed with no significant effect on worms.

Edit:
I should have not used it with bob enemies...

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:06 pm
by FerrariMAF
wvlad wrote:Hi, thanks for your mod. I just want to say that the night boss is too strong. I encountered it on 73% evolution. It spawned near other enemy bases so when I came there was already too much enemies following me. I had a tank with a flamethrower and it was impossible to kill that thing. So after two hours I edited his hp from 100k to 10k in mod files and after all killed it (still pretty hard). I've just found and researched Nuclear Power so didn't have any nuclear ammo yet. I'm not sure what I was expected to use...

I even tried to use turret creep with buller ammo, placed nearly 100 turrets in a circle (with 10 sec warmup time) and all of the turrets were destroyed with no significant effect on worms.

Edit:
I should have not used it with bob enemies...
Thanks for the reply wvlad. I´ve killed that freak twice in our multiplayer game, with bobs enemies. It is intended to be hard, but not impossible. Did you noticed the thing is vulnerable to fire, but has high resistance to other damages ? Did you research techonologies to increase turrets and fire damages ? This is important to kill it. A real "military operation" is needed to kill it. =)
I may think of adding an adjustable setting to the boss hp

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 am
by TheRedBull
I've absolutely loved your mod! But I've seen a couple issues with the latest 0.16.x builds:

1) Mission successes don't seem to be triggering any longer
2) the quest to stop the starting location shipwrecks from exploding don't trigger either

1a) I've tried a number of times using my normal mod stack and also with MSI as the only mod and see the same result - when finding the military shipwreck, repairing it, and gathering all the items the ship will still explode.
2a) not sure of the criteria to trigger these, but previously I'd just be playing and have them pop up - don't get that any longer

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm
by wvlad
FerrariMAF wrote:Did you noticed the thing is vulnerable to fire, but has high resistance to other damages ? Did you research techonologies to increase turrets and fire damages ? This is important to kill it. A real "military operation" is needed to kill it. =)
I may think of adding an adjustable setting to the boss hp
I used bob enemies + natural evolution enemies but WITHOUT bob warface so only vanilla weapons. I researched the flamethrower damage 5 but didn't really research bullet turrets damage since I prefer laser turrets. I also go solar which was
blocked by the smoke clouds
so I couldn't make use of them.
The boss itself was not an issue but biter swarms around it were killing my tank in seconds not giving me time to deal with the boss.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm
by chris0310
Error while running event Mining-Space-Industries::on_tick (ID 0)
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:1633: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

i have some mods ( a lot of them in fact ^^ ) and some of them give me stuff and technology at the start of the game, because you know, i am at 2750 hours on this game and i like to start in the beefy part of the game, building ^^

i got this annonce, and i actually reset via a command my technologies.

Error while running event Mining-Space-Industries::on_tick (ID 0)
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:1633: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)


i play with the following mods

advanced electric (0.16.1)
advanced radar for factorio 0.16 ( 0.16.2)
affraid of the dark ( enforced personal lights +) (1.0.17
aircraft (1.4.8)
alternative steam ( 1.0.2)
angel's addons- ore silos ( 0.4.0)
atomic artillery (0.1.4)
atomic robots fix (1.0.0)
auto fill (2.0.1)
auto research (4.0.2)
beautiful bridge railway (0.1.1)
belt sorter ( 0.5.4 )
big bags ( more space in bags +longer reach) (1.0.27)
bio industries (2.0.7)
black market ( 1.0.36 ) ( this one i like it to make some kind of turtle base, buying, manufacturing, exporting, i like it ^^ )
bluebuild 1.1.7
blueprint flipper and turner 1.0.0
bob's adjustable inserters 0.16.3
bob's functions library mod 0.16.1
bob's greenhouse mod 0.16.0
bob's mining 0.16.0
bob's modules 0.16.0
bob's ores 0.16.1
bob's power 0.16.1
bob's tech 0.16.0
bob's vehicle equipment 0.16.0
bob's warfare 0.16.0
bot landfill 1.0.1
bottleneck 0.9.1 ( not really usefull, because i calculate all my ratio ^^
bucket wheel excavators 0.5.1
cliff deconstruc 0.0.4
D-load-storage 0.1.6
endgame combat 1.0.64
evolution reduction via destruction 0.16 ( 0.16.0 )
explosive excavation 1.1.3
factorio NEI 0.0.17
flare stack 2.1.6
flow control 3.0.3
fully automated rail layer 2.0.2
infitech 1.0.60
infinite inserter capacity research 0.1.2
infinite technology expanded 0.2.1
infinite worker robot capacity research 0.1.3
infinity corpes live 0.1.1
inventory sensor 1.6.2 ( really usefull to control nuclear reactor with ease ^^ )
invulnerable rails and poles 16.1.0
base mod 0.16.16
large chests 16.1.0
larger inventory 1.0.5
long reach 0.0.9
long storage container 0.2.0
M.I.R.V 0.1.2
max rate calculator 2.1.17
mega bot start 0.1.1
miniloader 1.5.0
mining space industries 0.16.5
more locomotives 0.6.1
noxys waterfill 0.0.7
nuclear artillery 0.0.1
nuclear furnace 0.0.2 ( these one are really usefull,you can smelt 3 blue belt with only 4 of them, they are not cheap, but guys, they are nuclear, it's badass ^^)
nuclear robots 0.0.5
progressive running (smooth acceleration ) 1.0.16
robot army 0.3.4
skip spaguetti phase 0.1.3
squeak through 1.1.8
stop that, silly robot! 0.2.0 ( always botter me that is not in the base game ^^ )
storage tank Mk2 0.3.0
subterranean 0.5.0
tarawind beacons RELOAD 0.16.0 ( the final one cost Giga ressources ^^ )
upgrade builder and planner 1.5.2
warehousing mod 0.1.0


that's all.

i was able to play without the mod MSI.
and it seems to happen at 11 minuts of play time.

thanks you so much, i love these mods ^^


have a nice day

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm
by ethanbrecke
Just got this mod, and started playing. Where can i find the Hal Core? Ive done most of the research, and have multiple radars running, searching for ship wrecks, but cant find anything.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm
by Kenira
Bug:

Since this mod flat out overwrites what science packs labs accept, if any other mod (like omnimatter science) adds new science packs, these science packs will be overwritten. It would be much better for compatibility with other mods to just add the specific science packs from this mod to the table of allowed lab inputs instead of overwriting it.
(Same goes for technology cost for the technologies that require GLADOS etc, although i haven't actually had a problem with that yet, it just caught my attention looking at the files)

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 am
by FerrariMAF
Kenira wrote:Bug:

Since this mod flat out overwrites what science packs labs accept, if any other mod (like omnimatter science) adds new science packs, these science packs will be overwritten. It would be much better for compatibility with other mods to just add the specific science packs from this mod to the table of allowed lab inputs instead of overwriting it.
(Same goes for technology cost for the technologies that require GLADOS etc, although i haven't actually had a problem with that yet, it just caught my attention looking at the files)
Thanks for this Kenira. I´ll change that for the next update.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 pm
by faceforradio
I have reached the "Congratulations Freeman - Nuclear is in our hands" lets continue. But the mission progression has got stuck.
Not really sure why.

One of the building explosions required the GlaDOS as a part, but as the items get consumed I chose to let it blow up instead.
Would this be the cause? Since then I have finished the research to prevent building explosions without being prompted.

Please can you tell me how I can force it to move to the next step please.

thanks

Face
ver 0.15.40

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 am
by FerrariMAF
faceforradio wrote:I have reached the "Congratulations Freeman - Nuclear is in our hands" lets continue. But the mission progression has got stuck.
Not really sure why.

One of the building explosions required the GlaDOS as a part, but as the items get consumed I chose to let it blow up instead.
Would this be the cause? Since then I have finished the research to prevent building explosions without being prompted.

Please can you tell me how I can force it to move to the next step please.

thanks

Face
ver 0.15.40
Face, the mission will advance when you research more techonologies toward the rocket silo.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm
by faceforradio
:) Thanks for the reply. I really like the mod, the depth that is added through the upgrading science packs is a nice idea.
I'm fully researched up to the rocket silo but I can't start it because I don't have the HAL9000core.
any thoughts?
thanks for the help.

face.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm
by FerrariMAF
faceforradio wrote::) Thanks for the reply. I really like the mod, the depth that is added through the upgrading science packs is a nice idea.
I'm fully researched up to the rocket silo but I can't start it because I don't have the HAL9000core.
any thoughts?
thanks for the help.

face.
Thanks. Does the mission to rescue HAL9000 is displayed in your mission control button ? If not, it may be a bug that was corrected in the lastest versions of the mod. What version are you using ?

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 pm
by faceforradio
No it hasn't appeared in the mission control window. The only thing it says is "now we have nuclear lets move on" Mod is Version 15.13
I don't have portals or bobs enemies. Is this dependency important/relevant?

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 pm
by FerrariMAF
faceforradio wrote:No it hasn't appeared in the mission control window. The only thing it says is "now we have nuclear lets move on" Mod is Version 15.13
I don't have portals or bobs enemies. Is this dependency important/relevant?
No, no dependency. Then thats a bug

try this fix
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsr2sjdd6zw5l ... 4.zip?dl=0

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 pm
by faceforradio
perfect, excellent, thank you.
Took about 15mins of waiting but then the next mission about atmospheric pollution appeared. Thanks vm. ;)

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 pm
by steinio
faceforradio wrote:perfect, excellent, thank you.
Took about 15mins of waiting but then the next mission about atmospheric pollution appeared. Thanks vm. ;)
Ha, hint: build ammo, loooooots of ammo, NOW.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 pm
by Philip017
I realize in your game tips it says not to use on a previous game, BUT
I load previous games to collect my blueprints that don't seem to follow me from one set of mods to another or even to vanilla, so i end up loading a save, making a blueprint and returning to the new game I was just playing.

it would be nice if the game wouldn't crash when i load one of my saves, the mod should (imo) just not function, give an error, or other message, crashing is not fun.
so i have to toggle your mod, reload factorio, load my save, collect my blueprint, toggle your mod again, reload factorio, and then i get to use my blueprint.

when i load a save that is end game and already launching rockets, i get this crash:
MININGSPACEBUG.jpg
MININGSPACEBUG.jpg (28.27 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
hope this helps making your mod better.


EDIT: finally got to the point where i can use the double processors recipe, but it keeps blowing up my factory when i try to perform it, im guessing this has something to do with making them at the location on the map, except that point is extremely far away from my base, there is no notification (console message) to tell me why my building just blew up, so im guessing here, that i can't use that recipe except at that far away location that i will never use. makes it pointless imo. and the frustration of not knowing why my building just blew up just makes it all that more confusing, highly recommend that you leave a console message when the building is destroyed, example: you can't use the recipe there, for use only in the marked chunk. or some other way of letting us know you cant do that, here's why, or here's how to address the problem. thanks.

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:12 pm
by Cylindryk
I'm playing with Angel/Bob's mods.
Right now I'm stuck with "It will be impossible to develop flight technology from scratch. It is crucial to recover the robotic core unit in the wreckage of the ship where important plans are stored. Researching scan technology may help finding it."
What exatly I'm needed to do it?
Game time: 40h, Evolution Factor - 80% (almost).
I hope that this receal Glados, as, well, Bots would be more than helpfull...