[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF »

Description:
Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. All technology and tools were lost. This mod will add some missions to the players. First, you will have to find the parts of the shipwrecks where important technologies were stored. Then you will need to rescue one the space ship survivors, an important scientist. His knowledge in nuclear power will be required in the laboratories. And after you reestablish contact with the space fleet, you will receive the real mission on this planet: extract a lot of riches and send them out to space!

-This mod will create some spaceship wreck scattered in the planet surface in random locations. The players will have to find them all, for rescuing important content to unlock 3 main technologies (flying, nuclear power and rocket silo). You will need to put these parts to one of your laboratories. Defend these items and the laboratory they are at all costs! If they are destroyed, you will never be able to leave this planet!
-3 new radar technologies may help you find the shipwrecks, but they are expensive. Maybe it is better to find them by yourself!
-After researching the rocket silo, you will receive the main mission goal: extract and deliver heavy cargo riches from the planet. The game will choose some tons of these riches: steel, copper, petroleum, heavy-oil, light-oil, gas, lubricant, sulfuric-acid or uranium. Each cargo of these will require a large amount of ores or liquids.
- The game will only be completed after you deliver all requested cargos, sending then to space with several rocket launches.
-And there is one more thing: MSi will define the better and most profitable route for these cargos. You will be required to build the silo in a specific location. Building it elsewhere will not be allowed. You will need to create an efficient train logistic to the rocket silo, as it will be so far away from your base.

-Some machines have risk of explosion. When a malfunction happen, fix it in time or it will probably explode! To fix , you will need to provide some random material shown in a requester chest.
-You better to invest in militarary techonlogies. You may find some unusual challanges here.

I strong recommend to play with Portals mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bilka/Portals, as one of the secondary missions is based on building the portal gun.

NOTE: This mod shall be played from a NEW GAME. Do not use it in a load game.

* The mod is in development. You may find some bugs! Sorry. Let me know

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry my bad english. If you want to help with english texts please contact me

DOWNLOAD:
Mod Portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MFerrari ... Industries
Pictures
Last edited by FerrariMAF on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by GeekinaCave »

look very interesting but i have a problem with research queue, the weird thing is the radar.png has actually 32x32 bits...
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (59.24 KiB) Viewed 18015 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

GeekinaCave wrote:look very interesting but i have a problem with research queue, the weird thing is the radar.png has actually 32x32 bits...
Hi GeekinaCave, I´ve made the tech icons 128 now. Can you donwload again and try it, please ?

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

the version 0.15.5 has still 32x32 icons...

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

I manually re-scale the image to 128 x 128 and that seem to do the trick, however with the original images in 128 it will look better.

BTW how you remove the ship wreckage? i though you can mined like in AAI industries beginnings.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

GeekinaCave wrote:I manually re-scale the image to 128 x 128 and that seem to do the trick, however with the original images in 128 it will look better.

BTW how you remove the ship wreckage? i though you can mined like in AAI industries beginnings.
Icons are 32x32, techonologies icons are 128 for now. I thought this tech icon was the problem.

the ship wreckage are not minable, but destroyable. If you want to clean area, some shots could do it.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

to be exact i resize the images in the /graphics folder to be fixed, i hope you can put the 128 x128 version of this images in the next update.

RSB
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RSB »

Hi FerrariMAF, can you tell me how can I get back HALL-9000 core and GlaDOS core back?! I accidently destroyed the car while I was killing some bitters, forgot to put those Items In main character inventory.

Thank you!

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

RSB wrote:Hi FerrariMAF, can you tell me how can I get back HALL-9000 core and GlaDOS core back?! I accidently destroyed the car while I was killing some bitters, forgot to put those Items In main character inventory.

Thank you!
HI RSB. When something is destroyed with Glados/HAL/Einstein inside, they are dropped in the ground so they wont be destroyed. So I think they were dropped where your car was eaten =)

Protect them at all costs !

If you cant find then anywere, I can send you some commands to get then back. Just let me know.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I tried your mod and cheated a bit to get the mission I wanted. In line 1072 in control.lua your mod calls a remote interface (remote.call("loucuras", "invasion_loc", Entidade.position)) that doesn't exist when I just player.insert the glados core into my inventory. I looked through your mod code, and it seems like the interface doesn't get created at all.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Bilka wrote:I tried your mod and cheated a bit to get the mission I wanted. In line 1072 in control.lua your mod calls a remote interface (remote.call("loucuras", "invasion_loc", Entidade.position)) that doesn't exist when I just player.insert the glados core into my inventory. I looked through your mod code, and it seems like the interface doesn't get created at all.
Oops! I forgot to remove that. Fixed now. Thats a call for another mod we use in our server to make things more difficult. It raises some monsters to that location. Thanks for your reply

Lutz_Scheiter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lutz_Scheiter »

I'm very excited about your mod, but i have a problem - see att.

This happens in the moment when the new 'misson' got in (researching scan)

Used mods:

"name": "base",
"name": "angelsaddons-oresilos",
"name": "angelsaddons-petrotrain",
"name": "Arborium",
"name": "AsphaltRoads",
"name": "atomic_pickaxe",
"name": "beautiful_bridge_railway",
"name": "Bottleneck",
"name": "Command_and_Conquer_Low_Power_Alerts",
"name": "crafting_combinator",
"name": "Dectorio",
"name": "EvoGUI",
"name": "Factorissimo2",
"name": "Helicopters",
"name": "helmod",
"name": "Honk",
"name": "Induction Charging",
"name": "Mining-Space-Industries",
"name": "more_circuit_symbols",
"name": "More_Floors",
"name": "naked-rails",
"name": "nixie-tubes",
"name": "PeppeBotStart",
"name": "Power_To_Liquid",
"name": "PreciousPreciousCaffeine",
"name": "production-monitor",
"name": "Senpais_Deco",
"name": "Senpais_Trains",
"name": "Signposts",
"name": "skan-radio-telemetry",
"name": "StoneWaterWell",
"name": "Straight_Pipes",
"name": "textplates",
"name": "TrainSpeedLimit",
"name": "transformators",
"name": "tree_collision",
"name": "UsefulCombinators",
"name": "Vehicle Wagon",
"name": "Warehousing",
"name": "Waterfill_v15",
"name": "what-is-it-really-used-for",
Attachments
20171021145106_1.jpg
20171021145106_1.jpg (359.1 KiB) Viewed 17506 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

I think I fixed that. Can you try it please ?

Lutz_Scheiter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lutz_Scheiter »

It seem to work. Awsome Dude, thank you for this mod 8-)

Qarar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qarar »

I got this error today filling a request box, to stop it from exploding, think it was the 3rd one this game.

Help!!!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (314.59 KiB) Viewed 17484 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Qarar wrote:I got this error today filling a request box, to stop it from exploding, think it was the 3rd one this game.

Help!!!
Qarar, please tell me the version you are using. Maybe thats not the current line anymore in todays version.
And by your screen shot I see some other problems... =( Some secondary missions should not be there anymore.

I´ll check that. Maybe I´ll need you save game, if you dont mind...

thanks for the reply

Qarar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qarar »

I used a saved game from an old patch. I started a new today after today's update. No issues yet and I am further along. Thank you for the response.

Bucktooth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bucktooth »

Hi,

I have today recieved the same error message as the poster above. It occurred after researching an item (The GlaDOS test chamber), approx a minute after completing the research it looks like the next stage of the quest was being given and the crash occurred.

This was a new savedgame. Version 15.37 Build 30927.

Hope this helps.

Bucktooth
Attachments
error.png
error.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 17411 times

topforce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by topforce »

I'm stuck at "Set up perimeter and build a radar to map the area" , I have radars all over the place and a laser wall, I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done to complete the objective. Otherwise the mod is quite awesome.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Bucktooth wrote:Hi,
I have today recieved the same error message as the poster above. It occurred after researching an item (The GlaDOS test chamber), approx a minute after completing the research it looks like the next stage of the quest was being given and the crash occurred.
This was a new savedgame. Version 15.37 Build 30927.
Hope this helps.

Bucktooth
Bucktooth, please update the mod. And see if that erros still happens.
topforce wrote:I'm stuck at "Set up perimeter and build a radar to map the area" , I have radars all over the place and a laser wall, I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done to complete the objective. Otherwise the mod is quite awesome.
topforce, just go on. With time new messages will appear, you you are beggining the game. But if you have laser already, maybe something is wrong with the mod... please let me know

Return to “Mods”