Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kolobot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by Kolobot »

Hi

This mod is perfect but I always have this error in same time

I tried to load game 20 times before this happend and tried to do something else but always in same time i have this erorr message. (around 6:20 playing time)

Can somebody told me what should I do to solve this problem.

I am not using any mod only MSI.
And I am playing this mode with one friend on the map without enemies.
Attachments
a42c6136-994e-4694-a651-a6f8177aea82.png
a42c6136-994e-4694-a651-a6f8177aea82.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 7102 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Kolobot wrote:Hi

This mod is perfect but I always have this error in same time

I tried to load game 20 times before this happend and tried to do something else but always in same time i have this erorr message. (around 6:20 playing time)

Can somebody told me what should I do to solve this problem.

I am not using any mod only MSI.
And I am playing this mode with one friend on the map without enemies.

Kolobot, please try the update.

backermalaker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by backermalaker »

How do I kill the big fire worm? Love the mod just at a loss with enemies as I always play with them off

MaDDDin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MaDDDin »

Really love the mod. :D

I just have one error, that always occurs like a minute after I researched any of the maximize ... technology. :?

Error while running event Mining-Space-Industries::on_tick (ID 0)
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:1993: attempt to index local 'position' (a nil value)

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

MaDDDin wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 pm
Really love the mod. :D

I just have one error, that always occurs like a minute after I researched any of the maximize ... technology. :?

__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:1993: attempt to index local 'position' (a nil value)

Good to know you are enjoying the mod.
Please update to the fixed version. ;)

MaDDDin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MaDDDin »

So far, so good. Research issue resolved, but when I use a recipe it says the second it is done with creating the product (tried for 2 red circuits and 2 module recipes)

LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2038: in function 'CheckDoubleBlueChip'
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2067: in function <__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2051>

It also says MSI: Alert! An explosion occurred in the assembly machine! That recipe can not be executed at that location.

I also wanna mention that I haven't researched the maximize tech for blueChips so far.

Keep up the great work, really nice mod.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

MaDDDin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:50 pm
So far, so good. Research issue resolved, but when I use a recipe it says the second it is done with creating the product (tried for 2 red circuits and 2 module recipes)

LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2038: in function 'CheckDoubleBlueChip'
__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2067: in function <__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2051>

It also says MSI: Alert! An explosion occurred in the assembly machine! That recipe can not be executed at that location.

I also wanna mention that I haven't researched the maximize tech for blueChips so far.

Keep up the great work, really nice mod.
Oops. Can you please try this fix? Tell me if it worked
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd7n8rxnhfnps ... 1.zip?dl=1
Note: the double recipes must be assembled in the a specific location ...

MaDDDin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MaDDDin »

No error notice, just the explosion, when assembled.

But I also trie to assemble at the correct location (on top of the blue chip symbol).

I tried the recipe for 2 red chips, after like 4 or 6 chips it still explodes.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Thats for blues only. red Chips and modules must be near the shipwrecks (each technology description says where)

hobbitmax999
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hobbitmax999 »

Error while running event mining-space-
industries::on_tick (ID 0)
_ _Mining-space-
industries_ _/control.lua:2129: attempt to index
field '?' (a nil value)

I got this once we needed to repair wheatly

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

hobbitmax999 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm
_ _Mining-space-
field '?' (a nil value)

Hi
Is your mod updated ?
What happened with the shipwreck where you found Glados first ? Is it there? Did you start a new game with the mod already installed ?

hobbitmax999
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hobbitmax999 »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:12 pm
hobbitmax999 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm
_ _Mining-space-
field '?' (a nil value)

Hi
Is your mod updated ?
What happened with the shipwreck where you found Glados first ? Is it there? Did you start a new game with the mod already installed ?
let me see updated yes only optional portal mod new world

henry9104
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by henry9104 »

Really loving your mod MFerrari!

There's real difficulty in finding decent "campaign-like" mods for Factorio, but after finding this one...
Well, let's just say I haven't had this much fun with Factorio since I finished the official campaign.

Sadly, I've run into a bug. When the fireworm appears, I get the following message: "Unknown key: "missions.secmission_10_txt", a picture of the fireworm and an explosion in my factory.
Factorio Mod Error message.jpg
Factorio Mod Error message.jpg (466.08 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
The space ship in my base also starts counting down "Remaining time".

I'm studying coding (not Lua, but I can at least find text), so I figured I'd try to track down the issue myself. After some tinkering I found where the messages are stored, and discovered that there is no mission text after "secmission_9B_txt=Freeman:".
Factorio Mod Code 1.PNG
Factorio Mod Code 1.PNG (43.69 KiB) Viewed 6772 times
The mission seems very difficult without the text description, though I'll try my hands at it.

Hope you're having a good day and that this mod is as rewarding to make as it is to play!

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

henry9104 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:59 pm
Really loving your mod MFerrari!

There's real difficulty in finding decent "campaign-like" mods for Factorio, but after finding this one...
Well, let's just say I haven't had this much fun with Factorio since I finished the official campaign.

Sadly, I've run into a bug. When the fireworm appears, I get the following message: "Unknown key: "missions.secmission_10_txt", a picture of the fireworm and an explosion in my factory.

Factorio Mod Error message.jpg

The space ship in my base also starts counting down "Remaining time".

I'm studying coding (not Lua, but I can at least find text), so I figured I'd try to track down the issue myself. After some tinkering I found where the messages are stored, and discovered that there is no mission text after "secmission_9B_txt=Freeman:".

Factorio Mod Code 1.PNG

The mission seems very difficult without the text description, though I'll try my hands at it.

Hope you're having a good day and that this mod is as rewarding to make as it is to play!
Hi Henry
Good to know you are having fun with the mod. Thanks for the bug report. There is a new version fixing the problem.
About the beast you have just met. Please keep a save game from this point.
I have received other feedback where people are complaining about It, that is too hard to deal with.
I'd apreciate if you leave here your thoughts about it. In this new version, the Worm will shoot a little less.
Is it really too hard ?
Thanks

henry9104
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by henry9104 »

Thank you for the quick response, and the quick fix!

I have a save game (thanks autosave) about a minute before it attacks, I'll keep it around.

I've only tried to beat it once so far by attacking it with my car, but was wiped out almost instantaneously. I've yet to try it with turret creep, but hopefully it doesn't fire too frequently so that my ammo production can catch up (was just getting iron supply issues when it booped up).

At this point I'm only on modular armor, flamethrowers, car and AP ammo (no tank to absorb the hits), but hopefully it will work. It doesn't seem like there is any way to avoid its projectiles (at least while in range to attack it), you can only distract it with other constructions, right?

Hopefully the turret creep and flamethrower will work, not too experienced with Factorio combat so I'm not sure what other strategies I could employ at this tech level. I was hoping the quest description would provide some hint or aid in how to beat it (like if the counter that appeared on the remaining starting wreck would give me some shield structure, point defense or weapon if I supplied the correct materials to the wreck within the time limit).

I'll get back to you once I've tried it. If it's a tech issue, maybe the condition for it to trigger can relate to how far the player has gotten on the tech tree (if they've produced a tank and X amount of tank cannon shells, for example), to make sure slower players aren't put in a sudden no-win scenario.

Thank you! And thanks again for the sweet campaign.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Cylindryk wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
Cylindryk wrote:
pjf wrote:This looks absolutely brilliant, and was just wondering about compatibility with Angel and Bob's mods? I've seen other people mention they're using them, but the info.json file doesn't seem to mention them either way.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be an awesome playthrough!
I'm playing with Bob/Angel and this mod (and few others), and for now it works. I'm at researching Freeman.
Also, question: where do I need to take Glados and 1 ConBot? To her ship, my ship? Some other ship?
To her Ship
Hm. Okay. I'm with Glados-bot and few ConBots mk1 near her ship, nothing happens.
I insert her and 8 ConBots mk1 inside her ship, nothing happens.
Hm.
Must be GlaDOS core
I've started a playthrough and am at this point and had the same issue. So came to search for a solution.

Recommend that the mission control point out to bring the core to the GlaDOS ship. I specifcally built GlaDOS and brought her to the wreck and nothing happened.

BTW, this mod is awesome! Especially since SpaceX is crashing on me now with the very first rocket launch

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

In my opinion, I think you need to re-balance the atomic bomb cargo.

In my current playthrough, it requested 6 atomic bomb cargoes.

Here's my math:
1 cargo=10,000 bombs
1 bomb=20 U235=200,000 U235
1 U235=3 U238 through Koverex process=600,000 U238
1 U238=10 U ore=6,000,000 ore

So 36,000,000 total Uranium ore required. I don't even think there is 5,000,000 ore total on my map and I found a 1,100,000 patch. I think in about 15 hours of playing after researching nuclear, I've mined and processed 390,000 Uranium. Currently have 12 centrifuges running with full speed modules and I'm getting 40 pieces of U235/minute. So 5,000 minutes or 83 hours to process. I've been increasing the processing but it takes 80 pieces for each centrifuge before it starts kicking out the excess.

Compare that to 30 cargoes of copper wire
60,000 wires=30,000 plates=30,000 ore times 30 is only 900,000 ore.
Currently at 11,000 copper plates/minute so only 3 minutes for the raw material but much longer to process.

I would suggest cargo requires only 100-200 bombs each or create a mini-nuke component just for the cargo that only requires 1 piece of U235.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

purdueme91 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:17 pm
In my opinion, I think you need to re-balance the atomic bomb cargo.

In my current playthrough, it requested 6 atomic bomb cargoes.

Here's my math:
1 cargo=10,000 bombs
1 bomb=20 U235=200,000 U235
1 U235=3 U238 through Koverex process=600,000 U238
1 U238=10 U ore=6,000,000 ore

So 36,000,000 total Uranium ore required. I don't even think there is 5,000,000 ore total on my map and I found a 1,100,000 patch. I think in about 15 hours of playing after researching nuclear, I've mined and processed 390,000 Uranium. Currently have 12 centrifuges running with full speed modules and I'm getting 40 pieces of U235/minute. So 5,000 minutes or 83 hours to process. I've been increasing the processing but it takes 80 pieces for each centrifuge before it starts kicking out the excess.

Compare that to 30 cargoes of copper wire
60,000 wires=30,000 plates=30,000 ore times 30 is only 900,000 ore.
Currently at 11,000 copper plates/minute so only 3 minutes for the raw material but much longer to process.

I would suggest cargo requires only 100-200 bombs each or create a mini-nuke component just for the cargo that only requires 1 piece of U235.
Hi purdueme91, I thougth I had fixed that before. I'll check the code.

henry9104
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by henry9104 »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Henry
Good to know you are having fun with the mod. Thanks for the bug report. There is a new version fixing the problem.
I have received other feedback where people are complaining about It, that is too hard to deal with.
I'd apreciate if you leave here your thoughts about it. In this new version, the Worm will shoot a little less.
Is it really too hard ?
Thanks
Hey again, sorry it took a while.

I've tried it out properly with a turret creep and it seems that the Worm only targets the player once they're within a certain range (it ignores structures such as turrets), and from my attempts it does so very rapidly with no way of dodging so turret creep is a no-go.

It hasn't launched another fireball in a fair amount of time however, so it's possible that I can tech up to a tank that maybe can, well, tank the damage, while repairing the damage from the odd fireball.

On a separate matter, there also doesn't seem to be any kind of message when the last piece of wreck is about to explode (or it's blocked out by the Worm appearing). The timer just kind of sneaks onto the wreck with the requester chest next to it. Easy enough to figure out if you see it, but it could probably be frustrating if the player doesn't look in the area of the wreck in those six minutes.

Edit: I managed to tech up while under fire, repairing damage to my base as it occured. The tank was tanky enough to survive several hits from the fireballs, and with bullet ammo upgraded to (but not through) the high-tech limit I was able to murderize the damn thing.

Cannon shells were nigh-useless, bullets did so much more damage. It is apparently completely immune to flamethrowers, which is a nice touch for a fire worm, but it would be fun to see a little message confirming it once you've tried it if that is possible to detect the player using a flame-weapon near it.

If you want suggestions, it seems a pity that a secondary quest with so much potential only has one viable solution, so maybe there's a way to make the fight more exciting by making it hard in a way that the player can counter with the right tools.

For example, instead of rapidfiring its normal attack (or at least not rapidfiring it quite that much) when you get close, it spawns a bunch of new large worms close by it. Or maybe a horde of biters appear at its bottom that are also immune or highly resistant to fire (Biter reinforcements happen now, but die in the fireworm's blazes and have no overall effect).

When the close-in defense is no longer an instant-kill AoE attack on rapidfire (or at least not as high rapid fire) that melts everything in the area nearly instantly, the player (either in a tank, or if the targeting behavior is changed) can try to counter the close in defenses by other means than driving fast and shooting rapidly and then retreating to repair 4-5 times, such as setting up turret lines or bringing robots to distract the enemy.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

henry9104 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 pm
FerrariMAF wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Henry
Is it really too hard ?
Thanks
Hey again, sorry it took a while.

I've tried it out properly with a turret creep and it seems that the Worm only targets the player once they're within a certain range (it ignores structures such as turrets), and from my attempts it does so very rapidly with no way of dodging so turret creep is a no-go.

It hasn't launched another fireball in a fair amount of time however, so it's possible that I can tech up to a tank that maybe can, well, tank the damage, while repairing the damage from the odd fireball.

On a separate matter, there also doesn't seem to be any kind of message when the last piece of wreck is about to explode (or it's blocked out by the Worm appearing). The timer just kind of sneaks onto the wreck with the requester chest next to it. Easy enough to figure out if you see it, but it could probably be frustrating if the player doesn't look in the area of the wreck in those six minutes.

Edit: I managed to tech up while under fire, repairing damage to my base as it occured. The tank was tanky enough to survive several hits from the fireballs, and with bullet ammo upgraded to (but not through) the high-tech limit I was able to murderize the damn thing.

Cannon shells were nigh-useless, bullets did so much more damage. It is apparently completely immune to flamethrowers, which is a nice touch for a fire worm, but it would be fun to see a little message confirming it once you've tried it if that is possible to detect the player using a flame-weapon near it.

If you want suggestions, it seems a pity that a secondary quest with so much potential only has one viable solution, so maybe there's a way to make the fight more exciting by making it hard in a way that the player can counter with the right tools.

For example, instead of rapidfiring its normal attack (or at least not rapidfiring it quite that much) when you get close, it spawns a bunch of new large worms close by it. Or maybe a horde of biters appear at its bottom that are also immune or highly resistant to fire (Biter reinforcements happen now, but die in the fireworm's blazes and have no overall effect).

When the close-in defense is no longer an instant-kill AoE attack on rapidfire (or at least not as high rapid fire) that melts everything in the area nearly instantly, the player (either in a tank, or if the targeting behavior is changed) can try to counter the close in defenses by other means than driving fast and shooting rapidly and then retreating to repair 4-5 times, such as setting up turret lines or bringing robots to distract the enemy.
Wow! Thank you for the reply, Henry. I'll take that in consideration when I take some time to update the mod. Probably when factorio version 17 is out.

Return to “Mods”