[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF »

Probably there is some other mod resetting techonologies and not restoring its previous status. Some mods do this... I´m afraid you will have to continue in the old version until I figure out how to solve this....

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Broskev wrote:
Broskev wrote:Hello guys!

I'm having a problem. I can't find the research item for scanning radar at all. It's just missing from my technology list.

Any idea why? See the attachment.

Thank you.
Update to this. I checked and the technology is there in 0.16.36 version, but not in 0.16.41.
Update 2. Found the problem in Mining-Space-Industries_0.16.13\prototypes\. A lot of technologies (including the one I was looking for) had enabled="false" tag. While it does not prevent them from being shown in Factorio 0.16.36, obviously something was fixed in 0.16.41 and this flag already works. I commented it out and/or changed to "true" and I have them now in my technology tree.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Broskev wrote:
Broskev wrote:

I'm having a problem. I can't find the research item for scanning radar at all. It's just missing from my technology list.

Thank you.
Update to this. I checked and the technology is there in 0.16.36 version, but not in 0.16.41.
Update 2. Found the problem in Mining-Space-Industries_0.16.13\prototypes\. A lot of technologies (including the one I was looking for) had enabled="false" tag. While it does not prevent them from being shown in Factorio 0.16.36, obviously something was fixed in 0.16.41 and this flag already works. I commented it out and/or changed to "true" and I have them now in my technology tree.
No. I want the prototype tech to be set as false. Thats intentional. MSI enables when it has to be. As I said, the problem is that some other mod is resetting techonologies and not restoring its previous status (when the game or mod is updated)

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Broskev wrote:
Broskev wrote:

Thank you.
No. I want the prototype tech to be set as false. Thats intentional. MSI enables when it has to be. As I said, the problem is that some other mod is resetting techonologies and not restoring its previous status (when the game or mod is updated)
OK, thanks for replying. It at least fixed it for me as I needed it already. The new version should be fixed when as you said.

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Hello!

I have destroyed the big smoking device, but my robots' speed stayed reduced. They are really crawling now :) It's been several in-game days since I destroyed that smoker.

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Broskev wrote:Hello!

I have destroyed the big smoking device, but my robots' speed stayed reduced. They are really crawling now :) It's been several in-game days since I destroyed that smoker.
Seems like reloading the game fixed the issue.

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

FerrariMAF wrote:Image

Description:
Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. All technology and tools were lost. This mod will add some missions to the players. First, you will have to find the parts of the shipwrecks where important technologies were stored. Then you will need to rescue one the space ship survivors, an important scientist. His knowledge in nuclear power will be required in the laboratories. And after you reestablish contact with the space fleet, you will receive the real mission on this planet: extract a lot of riches and send them out to space!

-This mod will create some spaceship wreck scattered in the planet surface in random locations. The players will have to find them all, for rescuing important content to unlock 3 main technologies (flying, nuclear power and rocket silo). You will need to put these parts to one of your laboratories. Defend these items and the laboratory they are at all costs! If they are destroyed, you will never be able to leave this planet!
-3 new radar technologies may help you find the shipwrecks, but they are expensive. Maybe it is better to find them by yourself!
-After researching the rocket silo, you will receive the main mission goal: extract and deliver heavy cargo riches from the planet. The game will choose some tons of these riches: steel, copper, petroleum, heavy-oil, light-oil, gas, lubricant, sulfuric-acid or uranium. Each cargo of these will require a large amount of ores or liquids.
- The game will only be completed after you deliver all requested cargos, sending then to space with several rocket launches.
-And there is one more thing: MSi will define the better and most profitable route for these cargos. You will be required to build the silo in a specific location. Building it elsewhere will not be allowed. You will need to create an efficient train logistic to the rocket silo, as it will be so far away from your base.

-Some machines have risk of explosion. When a malfunction happen, fix it in time or it will probably explode! To fix , you will need to provide some random material shown in a requester chest.
-You better to invest in militarary techonlogies. You may find some unusual challanges here.

I strong recommend to play with Portals mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bilka/Portals, as one of the secondary missions is based on building the portal gun.

NOTE: This mod shall be played from a NEW GAME. Do not use it in a load game.

* The mod is in development. You may find some bugs! Sorry. Let me know

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry my bad english. If you want to help with english texts please contact me

DOWNLOAD:
Mod Portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MFerrari ... Industries
Pictures

mods id :Mining Space Industries

The skill set of the flying robot is reversed? The development of the aircraft requires GlaDOS core, but this item will not appear until the next stage of ""Building Robot"

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

HVB wrote:

The skill set of the flying robot is reversed? The development of the aircraft requires GlaDOS core, but this item will not appear until the next stage of ""Building Robot"
Yes: There are 2 recipes
Glados core to Glados robot
Glados robot to core - This one can be crafted by hand

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:

Glados robot to core - This one can be crafted by hand??
But the aircraft can't be developed. How to make the Glados robot to core

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

HVB wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:

What do you mean by "aircraft can't be developed". The techonology?? You may assembly or disassebly glados anytime you want. To research flying you need to insert glados core to your lab.

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:

What do you mean by "aircraft can't be developed". The techonology?? You may assembly or disassebly glados anytime you want. To research flying you need to insert glados core to your lab.

The skills of the aircraft in front need Glados core
But Glados core won't get it until the development of the next skill building robot.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

HVB wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
HVB wrote:

The skills of the aircraft in front need Glados core
But Glados core won't get it until the development of the next skill building robot.
Sorry, but I still don´t get it. Maybe a printscreen showing what you want to do may help me to understand.

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

Front technology
Attachments
29098.jpg
29098.jpg (97.65 KiB) Viewed 5934 times

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

Next technology
Attachments
29097.jpg
29097.jpg (113.12 KiB) Viewed 5934 times

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

Take a look at R&D technology items and order

In addition to developing architectural robots, there is no other way to get Glados core.

But before the development of building robots, a technology needed Glados core.
Last edited by HVB on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

HVB wrote:Take a look at R&D technology items and order
Don´t worry, Just research Flying tech, Glados core will not be consumed. It will stay in the lab, and after that you may use it to create glados robot, or dismantle it whenever you want.

HVB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HVB »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Don´t worry, Just research Flying tech, Glados core will not be consumed. It will stay in the lab, and after that you may use it to create glados robot, or dismantle it whenever you want.
But I don't have any Glados core. I can develop building robots.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

HVB wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
But I don't have any Glados core. I can develop building robots.
Ahhh now I get it. =) You have not research flyinh yet. You have to find Glados. It is in a shipwreck somewhere. You have to rescue it.
Please click the mission control button and tell me what is writen there as a primary mission.

TheBrain0110
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheBrain0110 »

Cool idea, I like the mod!
It was working pretty well, I went through the missions up until the one to retrieve the GlaDOS core, and her shipwreck spawned in the middle of a lake! I dunno if that's intentional, or something you should check for, but it was a bit of a pain. But I eventually got it, and promptly stuck her in a box for a few days and worked on my train network instead of researching flight :p

After several days, a couple mod updates, changing a few of my enabled mods, etc, I finally get around to finishing the flight research, and MSI gives me the next objective popup. But now when I click the button to open the objectives screen, the game crashes:

Code: Select all

Error while running event Mining-Space-Industries::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Key "state" not found in property tree at ROOT
stack traceback:
	__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:398: in function 'update_mission_panel'
	__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:420: in function 'expand_tag_gui'
	__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2990: in function <__Mining-Space-Industries__/control.lua:2983>
So obviously somewhere along the way some data got lost track of. But as you can see in the screenshot here, the objectives window does come up and shows the new objective, underneath the crash message:
Attachments
MSI.PNG
MSI.PNG (5.89 MiB) Viewed 5857 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Thanks for the report.
I have removed the broken button
Please try the update =)

Return to “Mods”