[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by toddchitt »

Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Qwasich »

Greetings.
I encountered a weird bug - i need to launch 60 Atomic Cargo (with mods maximum cargo load is 6), thats literally impossible.
Version 0.16
Attachments
20171225125914_1.jpg
20171225125914_1.jpg (360.82 KiB) Viewed 7170 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Qwasich wrote:Greetings.
I encountered a weird bug - i need to launch 60 Atomic Cargo (with mods maximum cargo load is 6), thats literally impossible.
Version 0.16
Qwasich, can you try this fix, please ? Tell me if it worked
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt35odqdgfz6 ... 4.zip?dl=0

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

toddchitt wrote:Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.
Have you found him ? There is a research that locates his shipwreck.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Qwasich »

Attachments
Снимок экрана (3).png
Снимок экрана (3).png (77.79 KiB) Viewed 7164 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Qwasich wrote:
updated. Please try again.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Qwasich »

updated. Please try again.
Yup, that's worked. Thanks!

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

FerrariMAF wrote:
toddchitt wrote:Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.
No, have not found Gordon. I see no research item that lists him as the result of a research.
I have rescued GLaDOS from the wreckage, brought him back to re-animate Wheatley, got Portals going, Roboports, lots of stuff. I see no Gordon Freeman.

Can you be very specific about where in the research tree I should be looking?

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

toddchitt wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
Many thanks.
No, have not found Gordon. I see no research item that lists him as the result of a research.
I have rescued GLaDOS from the wreckage, brought him back to re-animate Wheatley, got Portals going, Roboports, lots of stuff. I see no Gordon Freeman.

Can you be very specific about where in the research tree I should be looking?
Please tell me what is shown in your mission Control Button

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

FerrariMAF wrote:
Primary Objective: "Managed to extract from GLaDOS the information...With contact lost, the space fleet will leave the system without you."
GLaDOS: "I've been really bus. You know, after you KILLED me.!"

Thanks

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

toddchitt wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
Primary Objective: "Managed to extract from GLaDOS the information...With contact lost, the space fleet will leave the system without you."
GLaDOS: "I've been really bus. You know, after you KILLED me.!"

Thanks

Something is wrong. Are u using the last version of the mod ? If yes, I may need your save game for some tests. Can you share It ? My e-mail is ferrarimaf@gmail.com

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

I have been on this one stage for a while now. It says to develop flight technology and to research scan technology. What exactly do I need to research? I dont see a tech called "scan technology".
Attachments
factoriomsi1.PNG
factoriomsi1.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 7128 times

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

Ok... so a bit of time has passed and suddenly I get a secondary quest pop up saying that I need to deactivate the core of the ship's energy reactor before it blows up and that the location has been marked on the map... except I see nothing marked on the map.
Attachments
factoriomsi2.PNG
factoriomsi2.PNG (299.83 KiB) Viewed 7125 times

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

Now, I did look over at the original shipwreck just now and it has a countdown timer... nothing says what I need to bring to it though.

Ok.. I just saw the requester chest above the original shipwreck. Going to satisfy this now and see what happens. Ok... Thats what it was. It was referring to the original shipwreck. Completing it helped none at all with the main questline though.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

SharkCK wrote:Now, I did look over at the original shipwreck just now and it has a countdown timer... nothing says what I need to bring to it though.

Ok.. I just saw the requester chest above the original shipwreck. Going to satisfy this now and see what happens. Ok... Thats what it was. It was referring to the original shipwreck. Completing it helped none at all with the main questline though.

Shark, did you reveal all this area before or after que main quest (find the shipwreck with robotic core) was given ? Version of the mod ?

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

Not sure what you're asking here. For that secondary quest, of course the original shipwreck was revealed. I was just noting that when it triggered, a marker was NOT placed on the map and I was not sure where it was.

The main issue I'm having is the next part of the main quest is not kicking off. It says that researching scan technology may help (I'm assuming it's the stage where you find GlaDOS since it involves flight) and I have no idea what to do.

Using the latest? version Mining-Space-Industries_0.16.2.zip that I got off of mods.factorio.com

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

Does anybody have any idea on what to do to get the mod to uncover the GlaDOS shipwreck? I've even tried going out and looking for it myself but it doesnt seem like it spawns until the requirements are met. I really want flight bad! lol

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

I have removed all mods except for MSI and I still do not see anything that is called "Scan technology". I just found out how to look into the lua files and see that your mod is supposed to add three technologies, Shipwreck Scan 1-3. I do not see any of these in the game even with MSI as being the only mod loaded. I could really use some help. I even tried '/c game.player.force.recipes["shipwreck-scan1"].enabled=true' and it cannot find the technology. If I give myself the 'flying' tech, will it bug out the questline?

Edit:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan1",
    icon = "__Mining-Space-Industries__/graphics/radar.png",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"advanced-electronics"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 300, 
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 1},
        {"science-pack-2", 1},
        {"science-pack-3", 1}
      },
      time = 50
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },

{
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan2",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"shipwreck-scan1", "flying"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 50,
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 10},
        {"science-pack-2", 10},
        {"science-pack-3", 10},
		{"military-science-pack", 10},
		{"glados-core", 1},
     },
      time = 60
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },

{
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan3",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"shipwreck-scan2" , "nuclear-power"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 70,
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 10},
        {"science-pack-2", 10},
        {"science-pack-3", 10},
		{"military-science-pack", 10},
        {"production-science-pack",10},
		{"glados-core", 1},
		{"gordon-freeman", 1},

},
      time = 70
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },
Each of those say enabled false. I guess they need to be enabled?

Note... I realized I was trying to use recipe instead of technology... I tried '/c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true' and it could not find it either.

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SharkCK »

Update!

I enabled each of the three shipwreck-scan's and did /c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true and after about 2-3 minutes the game detected the GlaDOS shipwreck!!! Testing to make sure the event works now.

Everything seemed to go well. I even got the next quest to take her back and to reconstruct Wheatley.

I see that there are a few other technologies disabled in your tech lua. Since I believe I have found the problem, I'll leave it to you to figure out what all needs to be enabled. If you can get an update out soon I'd appreciate it! I hope this helped! (It sounds like this is what's messing up for some of the others that have posted prior to my posts)

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

SharkCK wrote:Update!

I enabled each of the three shipwreck-scan's and did /c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true and after about 2-3 minutes the game detected the GlaDOS shipwreck!!! Testing to make sure the event works now.

Everything seemed to go well. I even got the next quest to take her back and to reconstruct Wheatley.

I see that there are a few other technologies disabled in your tech lua. Since I believe I have found the problem, I'll leave it to you to figure out what all needs to be enabled. If you can get an update out soon I'd appreciate it! I hope this helped! (It sounds like this is what's messing up for some of the others that have posted prior to my posts)
Shark the shipwreack was there wainting for you. When this mission is given, the ship is placed somewhere in a not revealed area. At the moment it is given, the scan techonology is made available fo you to research. Thats why it is disabled in the prototype file.

You had a lot of areas revealred, so the ship part was placed very far away.

Return to “Mods”