[MOD 0.16 - 1.1] New Game+

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.16 - 0.18] New Game+

Post by Bilka »

Version 3.1.1:
  • Fixed that it was not detected correctly whether a new world had been generated.
Version 3.1.2:
  • Added custom event so that other mods are notified after the new game plus is created.
Version 4.0.0:
  • Updated for 0.18.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.16 - 0.18] New Game+

Post by Bilka »

Version 4.0.1:
  • Excluded some surfaces from Space Exploration and Mobile Factory from New Game+ reset.
This should improve compatibility with Mobile Factory and Space Exploration.

Version 4.0.2:
  • Updated for 0.18.27.
Version 5.0.0:
  • Updated to Factorio 1.1.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16 - 1.1] New Game+

Post by jamiechi1 »

I really like this. I don't know why I didn't see it before. It does pick up everything from my save game including the map string which is one of the best features. And the ability to resize the starting area. (Which is disabled in my local modified version of the Depricated Peaceful+ mod.)

There is a minor issue with the restart GUI. I want to avoid the scroll bars showing up on you GUI. Makes it easier to use and looks better. With any other mods like FNEI that put stuff on the screen, they take up some of the space that your menu normally uses. If possible it would be helpful if your restart menu could take up the whole screen. (No need to look at anything else when getting ready to restart the game.) The simple option for me is to disable FNEI and other mods that put stuff on the screen before using New Game+.

Like others have mentioned, it would be nice if somehow I could place everything in a super sized chest that could be transported to the new world. But I can work around that by modding my game to increase me personal inventory to a much larger size, and set all my stack sizes to 1000. Not a big issue, but would be a nice feature to have. I can use robots to deconstruct everything and return the stuff to me.

And finally, this really needs to be in the base game. Also, adding a requirement for this to be researched before one can use this might be useful. (In addition to having to launch a ship first that already is implemented.)

Thank you for your time in considering these suggestions.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

jamiechi1 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:12 am
There is a minor issue with the restart GUI. I want to avoid the scroll bars showing up on you GUI. Makes it easier to use and looks better. With any other mods like FNEI that put stuff on the screen, they take up some of the space that your menu normally uses. If possible it would be helpful if your restart menu could take up the whole screen. (No need to look at anything else when getting ready to restart the game.) The simple option for me is to disable FNEI and other mods that put stuff on the screen before using New Game+.
The GUI would most likely do well being moved to gui.screen, which is what I did in ChangeMapSettings. Similarly, NewGamePlus needs a minor code cleanup, just like its sister mod ChangeMapSettings got here. And maybe an overhaul not to use the long outdated map gen screen division of "normal" and "advanced" settings but instead the new tabbed panes, now that mod gui supports those.
jamiechi1 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:12 am
And finally, this really needs to be in the base game.
By this not being in the base game, I get a lot of freedom. Like saying that other mods fulfill the niche of "carry more stuff" well enough that it won't be part of this mod. The freedom to spend my time on hobbies that I am currently more interested in instead of this mod is pretty great too :)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 5.0.1:
  • Added peaceful mode description.
  • Changed license to MIT.
    I cannot (reasonably) play games without controller support.
    Maintaining mods for a game I can't play is an uninteresting hobby for me.
    So I want to make it easier for others to fork my mods.
    May you take this code and have fun with it.
  • Fixed locale of labels for vanilla ores.
  • Fixed that space exploration planet size was reset to default when starting a new game plus.

Return to “Mods”