[MOD 0.16 - 1.1] New Game+

Topics and discussion about specific mods
morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15, 0.16] New Game+

Post by morcup »

Well he's still on the wrong surface, the remove offline players command didn't work, and I can't find the command to teleport from one surface to another.
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

morcup wrote:Well he's still on the wrong surface, the remove offline players command didn't work, and I can't find the command to teleport from one surface to another.
LuaControl.teleport

It's the same command for same-surface and cross-surface teleporting. You just need to call .teleport on your friends LuaPlayer object.

If you're not familar enough with lua to puzzle together your own command you can use the following command to teleport everyone on the server to your position.

Code: Select all

/c for _,p in pairs(game.players) do p.teleport(game.player.position,game.player.surface) end
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Thanks, that did it.
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 2.1.0 is out:
  • Added cliff settings to the options
  • Fixed that the player didnt consider tile transitions
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

adamcharnock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by adamcharnock »

I've posted the following as a GitHub issue (https://github.com/Bilka2/NewGamePlus/issues/1)...

Hello, thank you for making this mod, I'm really looking forward to using it!

The problems I'm having are twofold:

1. When I enter /ngp-gui on the console I am told that I need to change my settings to use the command without sending a rocket. **I have already sent up two rockets containing satellites.**
2. Nonetheless, I enable the option in my mod settings. I then run the command. Upon doing this nothing happens (no error provided, no GUI displayed)

Any suggestions would be very welcome indeed!

Thank you again

EDIT: Factorio 0.16.22, mac. Mod version 2.1.0

adamcharnock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by adamcharnock »

Turns out I was being stupid! I hadn't seen the new button that had appeared at the top left of the screen.

Sorry about that! Maybe this will save someone else scratching their head!

seomaster99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by seomaster99 »

Hello!
Can you make these improvements?

1) reset all things after the transfer

2) adding the transfer points to the player
they can be spent on improving the rates in the next map x2, x4. x8 ....- this is the rate of extraction, the speed of research, the speed of the workshops

It would be interesting to make runs on the worlds and each time to improve their performance by creating huge production without mega factories

sorry for my English)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 2.1.1 is out:
  • Fixed that surface creation would fail under certain circumstances
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

monkey10012438
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by monkey10012438 »

Can someone please help me? I am having an issue starting a new game plus. In the console, I type in the command "ngp-gui" to start a new game plus but I keep getting the same message "This command is currently not enabled. Turn it on in the mod settings if you wish to start a new game+ without launching a rocket." but I have it enabled. I tried disabling it and re-enabling it and resyncing it with the game server but I still get the same message is there something I'm missing or am I just inept?
Edit: I have the latest version of the mod as well.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

monkey10012438 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:18 pm
Can someone please help me? I am having an issue starting a new game plus. In the console, I type in the command "ngp-gui" to start a new game plus but I keep getting the same message "This command is currently not enabled. Turn it on in the mod settings if you wish to start a new game+ without launching a rocket." but I have it enabled. I tried disabling it and re-enabling it and resyncing it with the game server but I still get the same message is there something I'm missing or am I just inept?
I cannot reproduce this issue at all. Could you try the following: Open the save where you have the problem, go into the mod settings from there (esc -> mods -> settings) set the setting, leave the menu using the apply (or however it's called) button, NOT esc, then go back in the menus until you get back to the game and then try the command again.

monkey10012438
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by monkey10012438 »

Bilka wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 am
monkey10012438 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:18 pm
I cannot reproduce this issue at all. Could you try the following: Open the save where you have the problem, go into the mod settings from there (esc -> mods -> settings) set the setting, leave the menu using the apply (or however it's called) button, NOT esc, then go back in the menus until you get back to the game and then try the command again.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ok, thank you so very much. The problem was I did not even see the mod in the mod settings at all while in game. I had no idea that was there so it was toggled off. I thought you could only turn the mods on and off from the main menu my bad. Thank you so very much for helping me.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 2.1.3 is out:
  • Added custom event so that other mods are notified when I reset technologies.

gerrydwilliams
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gerrydwilliams »

When I use the gui command to start a new game I get the following error

Notice
Error while running event Teleportation;;on_tick(ID 0)
__Teleportation __/control-telelogistics.lua:96;
bad argument#2 to 'remove'\number expected, got table)

Any ideas??

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

gerrydwilliams wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 am
When I use the gui command to start a new game I get the following error

Notice
Error while running event Teleportation;;on_tick(ID 0)
__Teleportation __/control-telelogistics.lua:96;
bad argument#2 to 'remove'\number expected, got table)

Any ideas??
Option 1: Wait for the Teleportation mod to fix this long standing bug, which might or might not happen.
Option 2: Remove the Teleportation mod before you click "start new game" and then readd it afterwards.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Mod portal has notification system and mod author get e-mail. Please write your situation here
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Teleportation/discussion

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

darkfrei wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 am
Mod portal has notification system and mod author get e-mail. Please write your situation here
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Teleportation/discussion
I pm'ed the mod author because they requested that here: viewtopic.php?p=358486#p358486 The mod portal only gives e-mail notifications if you turn that on, so that would not help.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

Any plans to update to 0.17 soon?

It might be nice to implement the idea different way. Since map generation is changed, to avoid coping new existing map generation interface (including preview), it will be nice to have two buttons in NewGame+ mod interface:
1. "takeoff" - to save all technologies and inventory
I'm not sure where mods are allowed to save data
2. "land" to change state of inventory and technologies to saved

This way after "takeoff" a player can generate new map anyway he likes, using standard 0.17 interface.
When he'll be satisfied with a new map, pressing "land" will give him all his stuff and technologies. After that mod interface should hide, until rocket launch (like before).

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.16, 0.17] New Game+

Post by Bilka »

After a long struggle to get everything about the new map generation exposed to the Lua API, I was finally able to update the mod to 0.17. Enjoy!

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

Nice, that it works again. ;-)
Do I understand right, that numbers in your interface, in basic part, 100 times less then in Factorio default game creation, because there % are used? And equal in advanced tab. Or no?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 3.1.0 is out:
  • Used new functions to restrict text fields to numbers only.
  • Added a button to import max exchange strings.
  • Changed to reuse nauvis instead of creating its own surface, improves mod compatibility.
This update should massively improve mod compatibility, especially concerning the Space Exploration mod. I cheated a bit by adding the needed functions to the lua api instead of writing them in lua, which makes the implementation on the mod's side really clean and hopefully allows other mods to improve their own functions :)
Dixi wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:28 am
Nice, that it works again. ;-)
Do I understand right, that numbers in your interface, in basic part, 100 times less then in Factorio default game creation, because there % are used? And equal in advanced tab. Or no?
Indeed, 1 = 100%.

Return to “Mods”