Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Angels Patch

Post by kingarthur »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 am
Trebor wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:42 am
All mods are up to date only your and Py mods and required/optional Bob's mods are enabled, specifically Angel's are not enabled.
kingarthur wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Like Pymods? Like Angels mods? Wished that they work together

Well now they do

Introducing the PyCoal Touched By an Angel Combpatability mod
I dont even want to know why…
based on what he posted on the py forums he was trying to use bio industries with pymods. i made angels optional and added compatibility for a handful of other mods to py. i rewrote the mod checks over the weekend to fix an error in MP related to conditional requiring files

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Trebor wrote:
Getting an error when trying to load your mod:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.39.25 AM.png

All mods are up to date only your and Py mods and required/optional Bob's mods are enabled, specifically Angel's are not enabled.
i fixed the issue and will get an update out later today

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am
Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 am
Trebor wrote:
kingarthur wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Like Pymods? Like Angels mods? Wished that they work together

Well now they do

Introducing the PyCoal Touched By an Angel Combpatability mod
I dont even want to know why…
based on what he posted on the py forums he was trying to use bio industries with pymods. i made angels optional and added compatibility for a handful of other mods to py. i rewrote the mod checks over the weekend to fix an error in MP related to conditional requiring files
Have fun handling all the possible cases :D

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

I may be wrong but science pack 1 needs fawogae substrate which needs coke and all the recipes for coke are closed behind research that requires science pack 1.

(Im also running AAI industry and AAII Science pack 0 so not sure if that may be the problem.)

Noticed you said it is better to post here so ignore this on mod portal (or the other way around)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

SunTroll wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:43 pm
I may be wrong but science pack 1 needs fawogae substrate which needs coke and all the recipes for coke are closed behind research that requires science pack 1.

(Im also running AAI industry and AAII Science pack 0 so not sure if that may be the problem.)

Noticed you said it is better to post here so ignore this on mod portal (or the other way around)
you should be able to make coke in a destructive distillation column from coal. which also gives the coal gas need to make glass.

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

Thanks found it.

Now something regarding balance I have noticed that the recipe in the top part is has better productivity (1000 to 6000 vs 2836), is cheaper, takes less space, is faster (20ish% on the output) only downside is more power consumption (5MW vs 2MW beacons would probably bring them closer)
20180924000126_1.jpg
20180924000126_1.jpg (676.03 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
Would you consider changing it?

I would recommend either disabling the top on (which may be a bit shame unless the crushed iron is needed elsewhere since it will make that recipe useless) or making it so the processed iron requires crushed iron instead off iron ore (with ration of 1 crushed iron to 3 processed iron). In the latter case you could even leave the original processed iron recipe in the game as to not prevent you from doing that before you have the crusher researched.

Of course its you submod (or whatever the mods modifying mods are called in factorio community) so do what you want. (Probably sounding like captain obvious with the last sentence but still wanted to make that clear.)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

SunTroll wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:23 pm
Thanks found it.

Now something regarding balance I have noticed that the recipe in the top part is has better productivity (1000 to 6000 vs 2836), is cheaper, takes less space, is faster (20ish% on the output) only downside is more power consumption (5MW vs 2MW beacons would probably bring them closer)
20180924000126_1.jpg

Would you consider changing it?

I would recommend either disabling the top on (which may be a bit shame unless the crushed iron is needed elsewhere since it will make that recipe useless) or making it so the processed iron requires crushed iron instead off iron ore (with ration of 1 crushed iron to 3 processed iron). In the latter case you could even leave the original processed iron recipe in the game as to not prevent you from doing that before you have the crusher researched.

Of course its you submod (or whatever the mods modifying mods are called in factorio community) so do what you want. (Probably sounding like captain obvious with the last sentence but still wanted to make that clear.)
I hadn't really got around to comparing the two. I'd want to balance them more without modules throwing off the numbers. As you said I'll probably move the crushed iron to the processed iron ingredient

Please. Feel free to give any opinions or thoughts you have on any tweaks you think should be made. It helps me a lot to have other opinions on this stuff

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

Ok will test it without modules tomorrow (but still I'm pretty sure most people playing this will be using bob mods so modules probably should be taken into consideration).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

SunTroll wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:45 am
Ok will test it without modules tomorrow (but still I'm pretty sure most people playing this will be using bob mods so modules probably should be taken into consideration).
Not saying they shouldn't be accounted for just gotta think about balance both with and without.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

so i ran some numbers and with or without modules the crushed iron to plate method gets destroyed by angels setup.
crushed iron is needed at least if using pyfusion so i wont remove the recipe.

what im thinking is based on where things fall im make an extra set of recipes to replace the ores in angels metallurgy recipes. itll give a small boosted compared to using uncrushed ores.

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 am
so i ran some numbers and with or without modules the crushed iron to plate method gets destroyed by angels setup.
crushed iron is needed at least if using pyfusion so i wont remove the recipe.

what im thinking is based on where things fall im make an extra set of recipes to replace the ores in angels metallurgy recipes. itll give a small boosted compared to using uncrushed ores.
Not sure what you mean by destroyed but as far as productivity is concerned the crushed iron into iron plate has 1000 to 2000 without modules so 200% while the angle method gives 1000 to 1692 with something left in the machines so about 169.25% so the angel is worse by a decent amount as far as productivity is concerned.

With modules this gets even worse since angle can fit only 2 productivity modules into its set-up while the crushed into plate can fit 5. (Numbers in my post with image of the setup.)

But maybe you were talking about some other metric like power or something else which I didn't test.

(I did test this in the game using the setup you can see in the picture in my previous post so unless the numbers were affected by some other mod Im using then that's how it is (the productivity).)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

In game using helmod and a wanted output of 1000 iron plates the crushed method takes 500 ore. Productivity isnt an option either the furnace or crusher.

So py method
500 ore: 1000 plates

Angel's methods
1000 plates output.
Best possible setup going with the coils and pellets.
No modules
437.8 ore : 1000 plates *number maybe not be exact I'm not at home atm*
With max possible productivity
138 ore : 1000 plates

And angel method use way less machines and less power

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm
In game using helmod and a wanted output of 1000 iron plates the crushed method takes 500 ore. Productivity isnt an option either the furnace or crusher.

So py method

Angel's methods
1000 plates output.
No modules

I completely missed the coil stuff sorry about that but still.
This is the best set up I was able to come up with:
20180925005529_1.jpg
20180925005529_1.jpg (755.61 KiB) Viewed 5018 times
This still gives only about 1000 to 1760 iron (568 to 1000 iron) what am I missing?
I should also mention that Im taking the iron ore as my starting point since the stuff before that should be same for both.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

SunTroll wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:04 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm

So py method

Angel's methods
1000 plates output.
No modules

I completely missed the coil stuff sorry about that but still.
This is the best set up I was able to come up with:
20180925005529_1.jpg
This still gives only about 1000 to 1760 iron (568 to 1000 iron) what am I missing?
I should also mention that Im taking the iron ore as my starting point since the stuff before that should be same for both.
ya im starting from iron ore. it doesnt look like your using raw productivity modules in the pyfactory.
The attachment 20180924194127_1.jpg is no longer available
with raw prod module 8
angels smelting
angels smelting
20180924194127_1.jpg (404.08 KiB) Viewed 5016 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

with prod
20180924194203_1.jpg
20180924194203_1.jpg (408.03 KiB) Viewed 5016 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MomoTweak
This mod designed for bob's angel mods and with some part for py suite
Quote from mod description on portal
Now compatible with py hightech but beware of bugs
for playing with Pyanodon reccommend using PyCoalTBAA
future change may occur in electronics crafting tree (py hightech)
What does this project have to do with a game without angel if it's designed for a angel mods? Am i right?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:55 pm
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MomoTweak
This mod designed for bob's angel mods and with some part for py suite
Quote from mod description on portal
Now compatible with py hightech but beware of bugs
for playing with Pyanodon reccommend using PyCoalTBAA
future change may occur in electronics crafting tree (py hightech)
What does this project have to do with a game without angel if it's designed for a angel mods? Am i right?
While I think you can play without pycoaltbaa when using angel and pycoal/pyfusion. If u add pyhightech it breaks Angel's mods due to the circuit changes. Plus pycoaltbaa doesn't just do Angel's mods anymore. Its optional. I've covered a few other mods that need compatibility

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Just wanted to make you aware that the game has an ingame changelog that is displayed on the mod portal, too. Would you mind using that?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 am
Just wanted to make you aware that the game has an ingame changelog that is displayed on the mod portal, too. Would you mind using that?
I keep forgetting about it. I'll add it now

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by wlfbck »

I'm getting an error with the latest PyCoalTBaA combined with Angels Bio Processing: https://i.imgur.com/CPTcnQt.png

Mod config is the one arumba used last time, minus some: https://pastebin.com/KuqYu1Gx

Any ideas? :(

Return to “Mods”