kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Angels Patch

Post by kingarthur »

Sworn wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Sworn wrote:Not sure if is this one or the pydon itself. But
At the start, you can hand-craft "Printed Circuit Subtract 1" with wood and copper, which take forever to make, cool.
To automate that, the machine use the other recipe which require Formica, which require Fiberboard, which require a "Lamp"? The lamp require a "Printed Circuit Subtract 1".

The assembly machine at the start only do 2 recipes so you have to craft the board with the specialized machine.
And what the problem i can't understnad
I'm making Printed circuit substrate from formica, u just need to automate lamp production for fibers, there will be a looped chain
The problems is that I miss that you need to hand-craft it to do the "kick start", I was trying to make the chain, but I saw a loop (circuit to the lamp to make circuit) and didn't realize that would be self feed.

But the lamp require 3 itens to craft, and at the start you can only automate 2 recipe...
You can unlock assembly machine 2 pretty easy it's just red science and just have to hand feed a few things to craft the circuit for it

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

kingarthur wrote:
Sworn wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Sworn wrote:Not sure if is this one or the pydon itself. But
At the start, you can hand-craft "Printed Circuit Subtract 1" with wood and copper, which take forever to make, cool.
To automate that, the machine use the other recipe which require Formica, which require Fiberboard, which require a "Lamp"? The lamp require a "Printed Circuit Subtract 1".

The assembly machine at the start only do 2 recipes so you have to craft the board with the specialized machine.
And what the problem i can't understnad
I'm making Printed circuit substrate from formica, u just need to automate lamp production for fibers, there will be a looped chain
The problems is that I miss that you need to hand-craft it to do the "kick start", I was trying to make the chain, but I saw a loop (circuit to the lamp to make circuit) and didn't realize that would be self feed.

But the lamp require 3 itens to craft, and at the start you can only automate 2 recipe...
You can unlock assembly machine 2 pretty easy it's just red science and just have to hand feed a few things to craft the circuit for it
Exactly what I was thing, but making every "Printed Circuit Subtract 1" by hand that takes 25 seconds each isn't a little to much? You take more timing waiting for circuits than building the factory to make circuits.
Cause to make an assembly 2 you will need "Circuit Board 1 x 4" keeping hand craft as such slow rate until you be able to get 4 Circuit Board to build 1 Assembly 2. For me looks at least weird. A simple splitter use 5 "Printed Circuit Subtract 1" 25sec * 5 125 seconds, or 2minutes and 5 seconds for each that you wanna add to your chain to be able to make the "Printed Circuit Subtract 1" it self.

For me the point to Bob's, Angels, Pydon, is to increase the number of steps, to make it harder in depth, lots of materials lots of pre requirements. Not to make it super slow hand-craft. Would be better to increase the material cost when doing hand craft instead of time. like 5x times more expansive instead if 25seconds.

But that is just me. Looks like it isn't any change made to be compatible with angels, it is the pydon HighTech itself, so...
Any way, thanks for the clarification.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What do u think do we need to merge gravel to crushed stone? In fact it is about the same
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

aklesey1 wrote:What do u think do we need to merge gravel to crushed stone? In fact it is about the same
Not the same - 15 gravel for 20 stone
No no not good idea
Because we spending 40 crushed stone for 15 gravel

May be we need to crush gravel to crushed stone?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mella wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:What do u think do we need to merge gravel to crushed stone? In fact it is about the same
Not the same - 15 gravel for 20 stone
No no not good idea
Because we spending 40 crushed stone for 15 gravel

May be we need to crush gravel to crushed stone?
as it is now i dont really feel that crushed stone and gravel are meant to be the same. if i was to change anything with it then the whole chain of slag to crushed stone to stone to gravel to sand to fine sand would need a good overhual to keep things balanced. not say i wont do it. its just not a high priority right now

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

im working on the next update to PyCoalTBaA to be put out as 0.0.15 at the end of this weekend. i made a list of things that i need to finish and firgered id post it here to see if anybody thinks there is anything i need to add.

to do for 0.0.15 update for PyCoalTBaA

things already done
code system to adjust bobs and pymods to angel rebalance sulfuric acid
add setting to disable acid rebalance if wanted

things still to do
merge sodium chlorate PYFE/Petrochem
fix phosphate mine
create infinite versions of borax and niobium
add borax/niobium to angels ores
add borax/niobium to madclowns ore
look at cumene process in Petrochem to see about adding cumene resource
merge epichlorohydrin
merge Acetic acid
create recipes to go between gas and solid for phenol, bisphenol a, melamine, and urea
create recipe to get raw fiber from bioprocessing

things planned for after 0.0.15
add support for omnimatter
remove hard dependancey on angels petrochem
go thru different combinations of pymods, bobs, and angels to account for when only parts of the mod packs are enabled
more work on madclowns support
More Settings for things?

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Just noticed clay is also a duplicate in angels & pyHightech. And plans to merge them? :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

jessefjxm wrote:Just noticed clay is also a duplicate in angels & pyHightech. And plans to merge them? :D
there would be if i had at some point noticed the double clay. i dont know why but even after seeing the two different clay items a few dozen times over the last week or so messing with pyht circuits my brain just never managed to work thru that clay = clay.

ill do it tonight so itll be fixed with the 0.0.15 update for pycoaltbaa

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

kingarthur wrote:
jessefjxm wrote:Just noticed clay is also a duplicate in angels & pyHightech. And plans to merge them? :D
there would be if i had at some point noticed the double clay. i dont know why but even after seeing the two different clay items a few dozen times over the last week or so messing with pyht circuits my brain just never managed to work thru that clay = clay.

It's amazing that seems like none item in angels' suite duplicate its name directly with py's, though many of them owns same locale names ;)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

jessefjxm wrote:
kingarthur wrote:

It's amazing that seems like none item in angels' suite duplicate its name directly with py's, though many of them owns same locale names ;)
thats because all of angels items tend to have extra attachments on the internal names. so its not just "clay" his is named "solid-clay" and fluids are "liquid-item", gasses are "gas-item".
most other mod author tend to just name the item like in pymods the internal name for clay is just "clay". so if you look though angels mods files most of the duplicate item have the same name but have that extra bit added on

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

kingarthur wrote: to do for 0.0.15 update for PyCoalTBaA

things still to do
merge sodium chlorate PYFE/Petrochem
fix phosphate mine
create infinite versions of borax and niobium
add borax/niobium to angels ores

add borax/niobium to madclowns ore
look at cumene process in Petrochem to see about adding cumene resource
merge epichlorohydrin
merge Acetic acid

create recipes to go between gas and solid for phenol, bisphenol a, melamine, and urea
create recipe to get raw fiber from bioprocessing

things planned for after 0.0.15
add support for omnimatter
remove hard dependancey on angels petrochem
go thru different combinations of pymods, bobs, and angels to account for when only parts of the mod packs are enabled
more work on madclowns support
More Settings for things?
posted 0.0.15. it fixes a few issues and merged a few items and gasses. i created the infinite borax and niobium but only borax is spawning right now. im going to look at it later and figure out why niobium isnt. also made setting to disable infinite borax or niobium if wanted. although the settings dont do anything yet. will fix along with niobum. anything still on that list will be done this week

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

katalex wrote:Is it bug?
https://ibb.co/mxAT2S
defenitly an issue. can you load pycoal without this mod active. the image from the bug is from the pycoal mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

kingarthur wrote:
katalex wrote:Is it bug?
https://ibb.co/mxAT2S
defenitly an issue. can you load pycoal without this mod active. the image from the bug is from the pycoal mod
ive upload a new patch that should have fixed this issue. i hope

logaritm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by logaritm »

So i have been lazily tinkering with my own homebrew recipes for Angels gases (urea, melamine, phenol) to Pyanodons solids and i been thinking how you actually would balance it, since they don't share resources i have personally gone for a manufacturing time approach calculating the relative time spent for an individual item.

If i am not thinking about all this wrong there are two ways too see this, the first and straight forward one is to just sum up all the "times" for all ingredients and sub ingredients that's needed to make one item of the final product, but for me this does not really feel right since the manufacturing process is run in parallel all recipes in a chain is made at the same time, so an other way which is to only consider the manufacturing time for the main recipe and only factor in any "idle" time any recipe in the chain needs to wait for a sub one, for example,Pyanodons melamine recipe takes 10 seconds, but the recipe needs 20 cyanic acid which is only made in batches of 10, so to make one of the melamine recipe you need two rounds of the cyanic acid recipe which 10 seconds, so the melamine recipe ends up idling for 10 seconds, the thing is that this kinda has the same problem as the first approach since you just have to add one more "recipe builder" to negate any recipe choke points, plus this way completely disregards that resources in the recipe chain can be shared with other recipes you need to make.

anywho, this are the things i think about laying in bed, tired and about to fall asleep so all of this could be completely useless :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

logaritm wrote:So i have been lazily tinkering with my own homebrew recipes for Angels gases (urea, melamine, phenol) to Pyanodons solids and i been thinking how you actually would balance it, since they don't share resources i have personally gone for a manufacturing time approach calculating the relative time spent for an individual item.

If i am not thinking about all this wrong there are two ways too see this, the first and straight forward one is to just sum up all the "times" for all ingredients and sub ingredients that's needed to make one item of the final product, but for me this does not really feel right since the manufacturing process is run in parallel all recipes in a chain is made at the same time, so an other way which is to only consider the manufacturing time for the main recipe and only factor in any "idle" time any recipe in the chain needs to wait for a sub one, for example,Pyanodons melamine recipe takes 10 seconds, but the recipe needs 20 cyanic acid which is only made in batches of 10, so to make one of the melamine recipe you need two rounds of the cyanic acid recipe which 10 seconds, so the melamine recipe ends up idling for 10 seconds, the thing is that this kinda has the same problem as the first approach since you just have to add one more "recipe builder" to negate any recipe choke points, plus this way completely disregards that resources in the recipe chain can be shared with other recipes you need to make.

anywho, this are the things i think about laying in bed, tired and about to fall asleep so all of this could be completely useless :D
ya ive also been doing some thinking on that part and so far i had come up with ether a large batch slow process that makes a lot a once but takes time or a quicker smaller batch process that makes a few at a time but quickly. the biggest issue ive had is how much fluid to solid and the closest example of a similar thing i can find is angels smelting and angels liquid plastic all seem to go with 10 fluid to 1 solid so i think that what im go with

logaritm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by logaritm »

kingarthur wrote:ya ive also been doing some thinking on that part and so far i had come up with ether a large batch slow process that makes a lot a once but takes time or a quicker smaller batch process that makes a few at a time but quickly. the biggest issue ive had is how much fluid to solid and the closest example of a similar thing i can find is angels smelting and angels liquid plastic all seem to go with 10 fluid to 1 solid so i think that what im go with
I thought about something, how about to look at the accumulated pollution instead, it's easy to quantify and it would let one get an overview on "natural" and "synthetic" recipe chains, i will probably end up using this way in my pontentialiwouldnotholdmybreathfor mods

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Crafting time doesnt matter when it comes to determine how useful a chain is, I mean what's the solution if you have two recipes and one of them is slower? You just build more and then the limiting factor is as always resources and energy consumption which make the difference.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How to be with chromium in py suite and chrome in angel mods?
Here are completely different situation associated with the use of chrome plates

There many applications in py suite, but almost no applications for chrome plates in angel mods - only for chrome ingots, but not for plates

One wish to Arch666angel if he reads this topic - pls can u find the way to create and use hydrogen peroxide? its exists in angel mods stupidly hangs dead burden and not carry any meaning? now can be used in py suite

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Recipe for fiberglass from angel smelting is tooooooooooo imbalanced :( - too easy to get fiberglass when pyht and angel smelting works together
Can we hide it if angel smelting detected
Just compare these recipes and estimate how much effort is applied
Attachments
fiberglass-angel-smelting.png
fiberglass-angel-smelting.png (110.47 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
Fiberglass py-ht.png
Fiberglass py-ht.png (95 KiB) Viewed 4548 times

Return to “Mods”