Topics and discussion about specific mods
kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

wlfbck wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:10 pm
I'm getting an error with the latest PyCoalTBaA combined with Angels Bio Processing: https://i.imgur.com/CPTcnQt.png

Mod config is the one arumba used last time, minus some: https://pastebin.com/KuqYu1Gx

Any ideas? :(
Not entirely sure right now. The pic on imagur is really blurry on my phone and I wont be near my PC till later today to look into it.

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 pm
I'm getting an error with the latest PyCoalTBaA combined with Angels Bio Processing: https://i.imgur.com/CPTcnQt.png

Mod config is the one arumba used last time, minus some: https://pastebin.com/KuqYu1Gx

Not entirely sure right now. The pic on imagur is really blurry on my phone and I wont be near my PC till later today to look into it.
Ah, i'll type it up:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "puffer-butchery-1" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Recipe has invalid main product meat. The product does not exist in the recipe product list. Modifications: Angel's Bio Processing [ALPHA UPDATE] > PyCoal Touched By an Angel

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:43 pm
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Ah, i'll type it up:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "puffer-butchery-1" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Recipe has invalid main product meat. The product does not exist in the recipe product list. Modifications: Angel's Bio Processing [ALPHA UPDATE] > PyCoal Touched By an Angel
Ok. I see the problem. I set the wrong item as main product when pyht isnt active. I'll get it fix asap

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fixed now please update at your earliest convenience.

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 am

Fixed now please update at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for the quick fix! :D

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

I found another thing where tbh i'm not a 100% it even falls under your mods "responsibility": Nitrogen Gas (the one with the flame symbol and the double blue atom in the upper corner) is currently voided via the Py-Sinkhole (which is for liquids) and not the Py-GasVent. This is also true for some other gases like Oygen Gas or Sulfur Dioxide Gas.

Some other gases are working correctly: Flue Gas is one i'm seeing in my game right now which is voided as it's supposed to, using the Py-GasVent.

edit: I took a quick look, Pyanodon applies the type of void by temperature, in fluid-void.lua:

Code: Select all

if (fluid.default_temperature or 15) < (fluid.gas_temperature or 999999999999) then
        --Make sinkhole
        name = fluid.name .. '-pyvoid-fluid'
        local locale = {"", "Void ", {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}}
        local ing = {type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, maximum_temperature = fluid.gas_temperature, amount = 10}
        make_fluid_recipe(name, locale, icons, "py-runoff", ing, "py-void-liquid")
    end

if fluid.gas_temperature then
        --Make venting
        name = fluid.name .. '-pyvoid-gas'
        local ing = {type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, minimum_temperature = fluid.gas_temperature, amount = 10}
        make_fluid_recipe(name, locale, icons, "py-venting", ing, "py-void-gas")
    end
So basically if no gas_temperature is set or default is lower then that, it will get assigned to the sinkhole. Bob and Pyanodon both assign gas_temperatures, but Angel doesn't. So i guess the easiest solution would be if you would add "gas_temperature = 15" (which is what Pyanodon does) to all Angels gases?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm
I found another thing where tbh i'm not a 100% it even falls under your mods "responsibility": Nitrogen Gas (the one with the flame symbol and the double blue atom in the upper corner) is currently voided via the Py-Sinkhole (which is for liquids) and not the Py-GasVent. This is also true for some other gases like Oygen Gas or Sulfur Dioxide Gas.

Some other gases are working correctly: Flue Gas is one i'm seeing in my game right now which is voided as it's supposed to, using the Py-GasVent.

edit: I took a quick look, Pyanodon applies the type of void by temperature, in fluid-void.lua:

Code: Select all

if (fluid.default_temperature or 15) < (fluid.gas_temperature or 999999999999) then
        --Make sinkhole
        name = fluid.name .. '-pyvoid-fluid'
        local ing = {type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, maximum_temperature = fluid.gas_temperature, amount = 10}
        make_fluid_recipe(name, locale, icons, "py-runoff", ing, "py-void-liquid")
    end

if fluid.gas_temperature then
        --Make venting
        name = fluid.name .. '-pyvoid-gas'
        local ing = {type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, minimum_temperature = fluid.gas_temperature, amount = 10}
        make_fluid_recipe(name, locale, icons, "py-venting", ing, "py-void-gas")
    end
So basically if no gas_temperature is set or default is lower then that, it will get assigned to the sinkhole. Bob and Pyanodon both assign gas_temperatures, but Angel doesn't. So i guess the easiest solution would be if you would add "gas_temperature = 15" (which is what Pyanodon does) to all Angels gases?
Ya. I put it off before simply because it's a pain to go thru and add every gas and was low priority when I started. I tend not to vent fluids if at all possible so I kinda forgot about it. Thanks for the reminding me, when i get some time later today I'll work on it

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Formica > Fiberboard > Treated Wood > Impossible to start

Post by Sworn »

Am I missing something or is impossible to build the "Circuit Board 1"?

You need Formica, that require Fiber Board, that require Treated Wood, that can only be made in a Tier 2 assembly, which require "Circuit Board 1".
You can't go for the angel paper without "Circuit Board 1" either, which would be a second option for the Fiber Board...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Formica > Fiberboard > Treated Wood > Impossible to start

Post by kingarthur »

Sworn wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 am
Am I missing something or is impossible to build the "Circuit Board 1"?

You need Formica, that require Fiber Board, that require Treated Wood, that can only be made in a Tier 2 assembly, which require "Circuit Board 1".
You can't go for the angel paper without "Circuit Board 1" either, which would be a second option for the Fiber Board...
Assuming there isnt an extra mod breaking it. Should be able to sawmill building for treated wood.

Are u using fnei?

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

ok lets forget the mod portal hahahhaa. Yeh I'm using it, I look in the recipe in FNEI and manually search for the Treated Wood, but I can only see it in the crafting machine II or above
Attachments
Treated Wood
Treated Wood
treated wood.png (2.37 MiB) Viewed 5016 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 am
ok lets forget the mod portal hahahhaa. Yeh I'm using it, I look in the recipe in FNEI and manually search for the Treated Wood, but I can only see it in the crafting machine II or above
Ok. I pulled factorio up and the issue is to make printed circuit substrate 1 there is 2 recipes. The one needs treated wood and is automated. The other is hand craft only using regular wood boards

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Hmmm I saw, so you can build the entire "tier 1" line for components to build "Circuit Board 1", but you can't automate the the "circuit substrate 1" only because that treated wood in the recipe. So you need to handcraft until you get the first "Circuit Board 1" to kick it on.

Well it come from the PyHighTech. Thanks for the info, and for the time to look into it, appreciate.

It doesn't make to much sense, you have already 2 recipes, one easy but can't automate that allow you to build the initial stuff, and other more complex that already require automation that can't be hand crafted, so no sense in making impossible to get before "Circuit Board 1".

Gonna see if I can change "PyAnodon" mind about that one.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Not sure you'll get very far on that. There's been a good deal of discussion on it since pyht released and the handcraft to automation route is the compromise that was reached. The issue is from the fact an assembly machine 1 cant do liquids as far as I know. Probably just need a mod to change that to make it easier.

I think ill add that in as a optional setting this week

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Ohhh that would be awesome.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 am
Not sure you'll get very far on that. There's been a good deal of discussion on it since pyht released and the handcraft to automation route is the compromise that was reached. The issue is from the fact an assembly machine 1 cant do liquids as far as I know. Probably just need a mod to change that to make it easier.

I was thinking, if you could lower the Circuit level of the basic paper farm from angel, so you could use the paper from angel to make the board, would be a sick integration.

I mean, for the basic machine that you need to make the first farm.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Not sure I understand the rationale with this one.

5 iron ore--> 5 crushed iron + 1 stone
but 8 iron ore--> 4 processing iron--> 6 crushed iron.

Added processing steps leads to less yield. I'm confused why that makes sense. Care to clarify or is this just a balancing snafu?

PS.
These crushed metal to plates in furnace recipes pretty much make angel's smelting obsolete in terms of balance. You get 200% yield from iron ore by only using a jaw crusher and 1 furnace. To get the same yield from angels you need a lot more stuff, time, energy, footprint, etc.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm

I was thinking, if you could lower the Circuit level of the basic paper farm from angel, so you could use the paper from angel to make the board, would be a sick integration.

I like it

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

npuldon wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 pm
Not sure I understand the rationale with this one.

5 iron ore--> 5 crushed iron + 1 stone
but 8 iron ore--> 4 processing iron--> 6 crushed iron.

Added processing steps leads to less yield. I'm confused why that makes sense. Care to clarify or is this just a balancing snafu?

PS.
These crushed metal to plates in furnace recipes pretty much make angel's smelting obsolete in terms of balance. You get 200% yield from iron ore by only using a jaw crusher and 1 furnace. To get the same yield from angels you need a lot more stuff, time, energy, footprint, etc.
it was in fact a balancing error. i forgot to account for the ore to crushed when i came up with the numbers. when i ran the numbers to see how things play out angels smelting does give more plate per ore. if you just look at it from a stand point of plates per time period as you go farther along the angels path it uses fewer machines and less energy overall to reach the same amounts

i will be looking into some more in the next few days to adjust it better

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm

i also like this idea and im going to look into it this weekend and see what adjustment need made for it to work.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Ohh that would be super awesome, I can't wait, so I made this to see if it helps.

Actually no machines need for a basic paper farm.
The only 2 recips that need to be in a "Assembly Machine II", and only by design, cause both use only 1 Item to craft

- Alginic Acid
- Fiberboard
Formica from paper
Formica from paper
Formica with paper.png (3.74 MiB) Viewed 4915 times

Return to β€œMods”